BAMS1743: A hotel asked its customers to rate their stay as Good, Average or Poor. The following contingency table: Quantitative Methods Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)|
|Subject||BAMS1743: Quantitative Methods|
Q1(a) A hotel asked its customers to rate their stay as Good, Average or Poor. The following contingency table shows the frequency of each rating as well as the age group of the customers.
(i) Show whether there is any evidence of a significant association between age group and rating of customers.
(ii) Construct a 98% confidence interval for the true proportion of customers giving a good rating. Thus, interpreting the answer.
(iii) It is claimed that the proportion of customers who are 50 years old and above and give a poor rating to the hotel is more than 5%. Can the claim be supported at a 5% level of significance?
(b) A standard intelligence test has been given to university students for several years and it is assumed that the scores are normally distributed with an average of 70 and a standard deviation of 10.
A group of 30 university students obtained a mean grade of 65 in the examination this year. Is this year’s university students inferior in intelligence to the past years’ university students using a 1% level of significance?
(c) (i) A manufacturer of light bulbs believes that one particular brand of light bulbs has a lifetime of 30000 hours. A simple random sample of 100 light bulbs is taken and the mean lifetime is found to be 29500 hours with a standard deviation of 1270 hours. Test the manufacturer’s claim at a 5% level of significance.
(ii) Find a 96% confidence interval estimate for the mean lifetime of all light bulbs produced by this manufacturer.
Q2 The following table contains information on age, monthly income, health condition, and frequency of exercise last month of 10 respondents.
(a) Calculate the product-moment correlation coefficient between the age and the monthly income. Hence, interpret the value obtained.
(b) Draw a scatter diagram to represent the relationship between age and monthly income. Interpret your result. Determine the least-squares regression line of monthly income on the age of respondents. Draw the regression line on the scatter diagram.
(c) Calculate the coefficient of determination and interpret your result.
(d) Explain briefly about the data what the value of ‘b’ represented.
(e) Estimate the monthly income for the respondent who is 60 years old. Comment on the accuracy of the estimate obtained.
(f) Calculate Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient between health condition and frequency of exercise last month. Hence, comment on the result obtained.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Our professional experts at Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com offer an affordable BAMS1743: Quantitative Methods Assignment solution to the Open University (OU) students. our Kuala Lumpur Assignment experts are extremely qualified to provide the fastest way to get quality assignment solutions on any subject so that you will get HD rank in your assignment.
Recent Solved Questions
- EAB20803: On 1 January 2020 Q10 Bhd acquired 80% shares in Phyto Bhd for an immediate cash payment of RM6,720,000: Financial Accounting and Reporting 3 Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- Write 2 Summaries and Evaluations of 2 different research articles based on any topics that students choose related to Evaluation: English Essay, UM, Malaysia
- In this assignment, your team is asked to develop a store management system (SMS) in Java using Eclipse IDE and object-oriented programming concepts: Object Orientation Programming Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Revolut is a British financial technology company that offers banking services Headquartered in London: Introduction to Fintech Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- MKW2460: Your group is to assume that you are the Marketing Communication Manager (IMC Manager), and you are to develop a new product: Integrated marketing communication Report, MUM, Malaysia
- XBFS4103: Food safety is something that must not be taken lightly and Productivity can be increased through the production of safe and quality: Osh Issues In Workplace Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CHE 433: Velocity is an intensive property of a system and One kilogram of water at a temperature of 225°C and 500 kPa has a volume of 0.078405 m3: Thermodynamics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING, OUM
- STA404: The depression scores of 25 patients were recorded before and after they had undergone therapy: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MPU3112: Tugasan ini bertujuan untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar menganalisis kesepaduan sosial dalam mewujudkan: Hubungan Etink Assignment, OUM, Malayasia