AFT1033: Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good: Principle of Economics Case Study, UOM, Malaysia
|University||University of Malaya (UOM)|
|Subject||AFT1033: Principle of Economics|
Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good for tourism but adds there should also be a limit on how low the fares should be. “If you put a cap on how high prices can go, then it’s good for tourism. But the floor price should be capped too,” he told a press conference today in commenting on a Malay Mail report that the Malaysian Aviation Commission was considering allowing airlines to increase domestic flight airfares by only 2.5 times the average fares during peak seasons.
Nazri said some airlines offered airfares that were too low, to the point they affected other airlines. “Sure, cheaper flights are good for competition and tourism, but the prices can’t be ridiculously low. “In business, new players may try to get ahead of the competition by dropping their prices, and once their competition is out of business, they then raise their prices.”
Previously, Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the Malaysian Aviation Commission would be tasked with drafting proposals by June for airfares during festive seasons, but former Malaysia Airlines CEO, Abdul Aziz Rahman cautioned against this, saying the rates were best decided by the market.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a leading provider of case study writing help for students in Malaysia. Our experienced team of case study writers has years of experience in helping students produce high-quality case studies that meet the highest academic standards. Rest assured that your case studies are in good hands when you choose our assignment writers as your case study helper.
Recent Solved Questions
- FIT3155: Develop a Java program using STACK CONCEPT that is able to do ALL of the following requirements as below: Advanced data structures and algorithms Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- ACC4264: Describe the importance of having a Performance Measurement System and critically discuss several types: Advanced Management Accounting Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- BF054E: What Really Measures the Price of oil, Various Metrics, Price of Crude: Derivatives (Finance) Assignment, ISCA
- Aggressive competition among competitors in one industry may lead to a lose-lose situation which in the long run jeopardizes: Global Business Strategy Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- You are required to prepare a case study about a business leader of your choice: Strategic Management and Leadership Assignment, NUM, Malaysia
- Each student is required to identify one organization that has a specialized Human Resource Department: Human Resource Management Report, APU, Malaysia
- Has colonization ended Contemporary Feminism Women’s Rights or Privilege: Critical Thinking Essay, UNM, Malaysia
- INF10003: You will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1, applying visualization tools, in order to understand a business context and to provide succinctly : Introduction to Business Information Systems Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- BPA11403: Analysis of the financial statements by assessing the liquidity, profitability, efficiency, and solvency of the business using ratio analysis: Principle of Accountingt Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- MPU3323: Tugasan ini adalah untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar membincangkan sumbangan dan hasil pencapaian tamadun: TAMADUN ISLAM DAN TAMADUN ASIA 1 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia