AFT1033: Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good: Principle of Economics Case Study, UOM, Malaysia
|University||University of Malaya (UOM)|
|Subject||AFT1033: Principle of Economics|
Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good for tourism but adds there should also be a limit on how low the fares should be. “If you put a cap on how high prices can go, then it’s good for tourism. But the floor price should be capped too,” he told a press conference today in commenting on a Malay Mail report that the Malaysian Aviation Commission was considering allowing airlines to increase domestic flight airfares by only 2.5 times the average fares during peak seasons.
Nazri said some airlines offered airfares that were too low, to the point they affected other airlines. “Sure, cheaper flights are good for competition and tourism, but the prices can’t be ridiculously low. “In business, new players may try to get ahead of the competition by dropping their prices, and once their competition is out of business, they then raise their prices.”
Previously, Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the Malaysian Aviation Commission would be tasked with drafting proposals by June for airfares during festive seasons, but former Malaysia Airlines CEO, Abdul Aziz Rahman cautioned against this, saying the rates were best decided by the market.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a leading provider of case study writing help for students in Malaysia. Our experienced team of case study writers has years of experience in helping students produce high-quality case studies that meet the highest academic standards. Rest assured that your case studies are in good hands when you choose our assignment writers as your case study helper.
Recent Solved Questions
- APU Cafeteria Ordering System identify a business domain for a cafeteria. Construct a software solution using an object-oriented programming paradigm to support user registration: Object-oriented development with Java Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- DCP5101: I need a standalone console application that can keep track of my restaurant sales. Customers will typically order food and drinks: Program Design Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- BP’s operations management and analyze the issues to determine the core problem that led to the Deepwater Horizon Disaster: Strategic Operation Management Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Develop a Secure Cloud Storage that can encrypt and decrypt the files using AES and RSA cryptography: Cyber Security Final Year Project Malaysia
- STA404: There is an increasing trend in purchasing the laptop due to the pandemic Covid19: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- This module aims to provide the students with an overall view of the interactions between cultural variables and human behavior: Cross Cultural Psychology Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- AIX2001: What is the impact of sexual content on Tiktok banning provocative videos? What is the relationship between the prevalence: Research Methodology Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
- What is the relationship between perceived easiness and excessive spending behavior among young adult by using e-wallet payment method: Law Research paper, UM, Malaysia
- BBF315/03: You are currently working as an analyst at Financial Consulting Bhd. Your boss has instructed you to form an equity fund portfolio which consists: Risk Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MGF5020: Explanation of4 elements of CSR dimensions with supporting evidence from the annual report: Business ethics in a global environment Report, MUM, Malaysia