AFT1033: Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good: Principle of Economics Case Study, UOM, Malaysia
|University of Malaya (UOM)
|AFT1033: Principle of Economics
Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good for tourism but adds there should also be a limit on how low the fares should be. “If you put a cap on how high prices can go, then it’s good for tourism. But the floor price should be capped too,” he told a press conference today in commenting on a Malay Mail report that the Malaysian Aviation Commission was considering allowing airlines to increase domestic flight airfares by only 2.5 times the average fares during peak seasons.
Nazri said some airlines offered airfares that were too low, to the point they affected other airlines. “Sure, cheaper flights are good for competition and tourism, but the prices can’t be ridiculously low. “In business, new players may try to get ahead of the competition by dropping their prices, and once their competition is out of business, they then raise their prices.”
Previously, Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the Malaysian Aviation Commission would be tasked with drafting proposals by June for airfares during festive seasons, but former Malaysia Airlines CEO, Abdul Aziz Rahman cautioned against this, saying the rates were best decided by the market.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a leading provider of case study writing help for students in Malaysia. Our experienced team of case study writers has years of experience in helping students produce high-quality case studies that meet the highest academic standards. Rest assured that your case studies are in good hands when you choose our assignment writers as your case study helper.
Recent Solved Questions
- TWT2231: Your task is to write a report on the design and development of your project: Web Technique and Application Coursework, MMU, Malaysia
- If this continues for some period, it will give serious threat to the environmental issue: Bio Statisitcs, Coursework, UPM, Malaysia
- UKAF1083: The MASB had on 17 November 2011 announced and confirmed that Malaysia will converge with IFRS by 1 January 2012: Financial Accounting II Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Theoretical Aspects Of Computer Science Assignment, MUM Malaysia, you are required to develop a computer program with Python programming language to try and solve it
- Discuss and justify the potential market structure for your business that you are about to enter: Economic Assignment, UNMC, Malaysia
- Defines your proposals to address the concerns raised in respect of the existing complaints handling process: Advance Certification in Compliance Essay, MMU, Malaysia
- PLD 2113: Discuss whether Nobita is required by the law of contract to fulfill his agreement: Business Law, Assignment, UNISEL, Malaysia
- Akta Cukai Pendapatan 1967 menyatakan mengenai pekerja asing atau orang yang berhak memiliki status: TAXATION I Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- MPU3223/03: Effective teams are not built overnight. When working in a group, we may encounter members with different personalities: Decision Making Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Walaupun Perlembagaan Persekutuan merupakan undang-undang tertinggi negara, namun ia masih boleh dipinda tertakluk: Malaysian Legal System Assignment, UM, Malaysia