CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory UITM Assignment Sample Malaysia
CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory is an essential course offered at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) for Civil Engineering students. The course focuses on providing students with hands-on experience in the field of geotechnical engineering. Geotechnical engineering is a branch of civil engineering that deals with the behavior of earth materials, such as soil, rock, and groundwater, and their interaction with structures, foundations, and the natural environment.
The course aims to equip students with the knowledge and practical skills needed to conduct laboratory tests on soil and rock samples. These tests include soil classification, compaction, shear strength, and permeability tests, among others. Through these laboratory experiments, students can gain an understanding of the fundamental properties and behavior of soil and rock, and their impact on geotechnical structures.
Buy Non Plagiarized & Properly Structured Assignment Solution
Buy assignment solutions for CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory course at an affordable price!
At Malaysia Assignment Help, we understand the challenges that students face in their academic journey, and we are here to provide you with a solution. If you are enrolled in the CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory course and struggling with your assignments, worry no more! We offer assignment solutions for CEG551 course at an affordable price, exclusively designed to cater to the needs of Malaysian students.
Here, we will describe some assignment outlines. These are:
Assignment Outline 1: Apply knowledge of soil mechanics on standard laboratory soil tests.
Soil mechanics is a branch of civil engineering that deals with the behavior of soils and their interactions with structures and foundations. Laboratory soil tests are used to study the physical and mechanical properties of soils, and these tests are essential in the design of structures and foundations.
Here are some standard laboratory soil tests and how they apply to soil mechanics:
- Particle size distribution test: This test determines the size distribution of the soil particles. It is important because the strength and compressibility of soils are affected by the particle size distribution. The test is conducted by passing a soil sample through a series of sieves of different sizes and then measuring the weight of soil retained on each sieve.
- Atterberg limits test: This test determines the water content at which a soil changes from a solid to a plastic state, and from a plastic to a liquid state. The Atterberg limits are important because they provide a measure of the soil’s compressibility and shear strength.
- Consolidation test: This test determines the rate and magnitude of settlement that occurs when a load is applied to a soil sample. The consolidation test is used to determine the compressibility and shear strength of a soil.
- Direct shear test: This test measures the shear strength of a soil by subjecting a soil sample to shear forces. The test is important because the shear strength of a soil is an essential parameter for the design of foundations and retaining walls.
- Triaxial shear test: This test is used to measure the shear strength of soils under different confining pressures. The triaxial shear test is essential in the design of embankments, slopes, and earth dams.
Assignment Outline 2: Conduct a laboratory test and produce report related to basic physical and mechanical properties of soils.
To conduct a laboratory test and produce a report related to basic physical and mechanical properties of soils, the following procedures can be followed:
- Sample collection: Soil samples should be collected from different locations to represent the variability of the soil in the area of interest.
- Preparation of the soil samples: The collected soil samples should be air-dried to remove excess moisture and then sieved through a 2mm sieve to remove any coarse particles.
- Determination of soil texture: Soil texture can be determined using the hydrometer method or the pipette method.
- Determination of soil moisture content: Soil moisture content can be determined using the oven-drying method.
- Determination of soil density: Soil density can be determined using the core-cutter method.
- Determination of soil porosity: Soil porosity can be determined using the bulk density and particle density measurements.
- Determination of soil permeability: Soil permeability can be determined using the falling-head method or the constant-head method.
- Determination of soil shear strength: Soil shear strength can be determined using the direct shear test or the triaxial shear test.
- Determination of soil compaction characteristics: Soil compaction characteristics can be determined using the Proctor compaction test.
After conducting the above laboratory tests, the following results were obtained:
- Soil texture: The soil sample is classified as a sandy loam.
- Soil moisture content: The soil moisture content is 10.5%.
- Soil density: The soil density is 1.73 g/cm3.
- Soil porosity: The soil porosity is 39.5%.
- Soil permeability: The soil permeability is 5.2 x 10^-4 cm/s.
- Soil shear strength: The soil shear strength is 110 kPa.
- Soil compaction characteristics: The maximum dry density and optimum moisture content of the soil sample are 1.69 g/cm3 and 8.5%, respectively.
Based on these results, the soil sample has good compaction characteristics and moderate permeability. The soil texture indicates that it has a good balance between water-holding capacity and drainage. The soil shear strength indicates that it is suitable for construction of light to moderate structures.
Hire Writer For Custom Assignment Assistance
Place your order today and receive top-notch CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory assignment solutions!
The assignment sample mentioned earlier is specifically based on CEG551 Geotechnical Laboratory, a course that focuses on the practical aspects of geotechnical engineering. The sample serves as a testament to the diverse range of assignments that our team of proficient Malaysian assignment writers can effectively handle.
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is committed to providing professional and reliable thesis writing services and homework assistance to students pursuing higher education in Malaysia. Our team of experienced writers and homework helpers are well-equipped with the knowledge and expertise to handle assignments across different subjects and complexity levels. We strive to deliver high-quality work that meets the specific requirements of our clients and helps them achieve academic success.
Contact us today to learn more about our assignment writing services and how our team of experienced assignment editors and proofreaders can assist you in achieving academic success. We are dedicated to providing timely, reliable, and high-quality services that will exceed your expectations. Trust us to polish your assignments to perfection and ensure that your work reflects your intelligence and academic potential.