You are expected to read beyond textbooks and able to apply the knowledge gain from real life examples either from your working environment: Portfolio and Risk Management Report, APU, Malaysia
|University||Asia Pacific University (APU)|
|Subject||Portfolio and Risk Management|
should include a one-page Executive Summary in your report. You can choose stocks from NYSE, NASDAQ, SGX, or LSE.
This assignment aims to provide students with an opportunity to analyze various investment alternatives based on the respective risk and return so as to choose the most appropriate investment opportunity. You are expected to read beyond textbooks and able to apply the knowledge gain from real life examples either from your working environment or/and case studies read, and are able to demonstrate your competence in the areas indicated in the questions. You are encouraged to provide specific in-depth comments instead of general comments.
Instructions to students:
a. Download stock prices for twenty (20) companies from different industries and for the benchmark index – 60 monthly closing prices for each. You can use any database to obtain the prices e.g. datastream, yahoo finance (click the Investing tab followed by the Historical Prices tab), etc. Use data from December 2015 to December 2020 to generate 60 monthly returns. Calculate the annualized average return, the standard deviation of the returns, the correlation, and the beta of the twenty stocks.
b. Review the return, standard deviation and beta from (a), and identify any companies that appear to violate the risk and return trade-off concept. Discuss whether the concept of portfolio theory holds — in that portfolio risk is minimized by holding a well-diversified portfolio of shares (such as the All Ordinaries Index portfolio).
d. Group the stock into 4 portfolios according to the beta, market capitalization, book-to-market value as of December 2020. Calculate the return of the four portfolios during January 2021 – December 2021. Discuss any obvious pattern and differences or similarities with the previous empirical studies.
d. Apply the capital asset pricing model (CAPM) equation to predict the expected returns of these shares. (Hint: you must obtain the average return on the government securities).
Compare the companies’ actual average return performance during January 2021 – December 2021 with that expected by the CAPM and discuss what these results suggest about the accuracy of the CAPM as a return-estimating model. Are the share returns consistent with the results of this CAPM evaluation?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
looking for an excellent report writing service on Portfolio and Risk Management then don't worry. Malaysia Assignment Help has a panel of capable writers who produce detailed reports on management assignments at a reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- LAW1014: On 3 May 2014, Azam wrote to Ben offering to sell to Ben his boat for RM2 million: Business law Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Your report is to be presented at a meeting of the Trust’s legal department as soon as it is complete: (a) Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life: Medical Law Report UCISS, Malaysia
- ADS553: Your task is to prepare a proper presentation together with a written report on any newspaper articles discussing various projects: Strategic Management For Public Sector Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- LAW445: Students’ freedom of expression in social media has somehow been monitored by universities: Malaysian Legal Principles Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BBM 208/05: Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders He has also criticized the response to the pandemic: Business Ethics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- You are tasked to demonstrate the feasibility and complexity of the IATA information system in terms of the data structures to be deployed for their operations and database storage: Data Structure and Algorithm Report, MUM, Malaysia
- Critically discuss pertaining to the FIVE (5) important viewpoints on what makes a Good Project Manager to decide on the above matter: Procurement Management Case Study, Malaysia
- PGBM150: Students are required to submit their assignments through JIRA and Only assessments submitted through JIRA will be marked: Innovation Entrepreneurship & Technology Transfer Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- UNIM513: Identify problems or issues in business and management and to justify the need for research: Research Methodology Research Paper, UTN, Malaysia
- Explain the challenges to nurses and other healthcare workers in dealing with individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder: Mental Health Nursing Practice Assignment, UOS, Malaysia