What is the correlation coefficient of the linear regression equation? What does this tell you? Explain: Statistics for Engineering Technology Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Statistics for Engineering Technology|
- What is the correlation coefficient of the linear regression equation? What does this tell you? Explain.
- What is the coefficient of determination? What percentage of the variation in the dependent variable is explained by the independent variable? Is that high or low? What does this tell you about the accuracy of your prediction? Explain.
- Use your model to predict two dependent values when any two independent values are chosen. Explain your finding.
- Write a short introduction that includes;
(a) why did you choose this example/ topic?
(b) what did you expect to find?
(c) have similar studies been done elsewhere?
- Once you have collected the data;
(a) record in a table,
(b) state the website/ source and the date you obtained from,
(c) key in your data into statistical software such as MINITAB or EXCEL spreadsheet.
- Perform data checking to make sure that the data you want to analyze can actually be analyzed using linear regression.
- Create a scatterplot of this data. Based on the scatterplot,
(a) does a linear relationship appear to exist between the two variables?
(b) If so, is it a positive or negative relationship? Would you expect the slope of the regression equation to be positive or negative? Why?
- By using the statistical software MINITAB, fit the scatterplot with a regression line.
(a) Report the parameter estimates (the estimates of the intercept and slope).
(b) What is the regression equation for this data set?
(c) Does the slope match what you expected in Question 4(b)? Is the independent variable (X) useful in predicting the dependent variable (Y)? Why?
(d) Construct a 95% confidence interval for the slope. Interpret the result.
(e) Test at a 5% significance level whether the slope is not zero. Based on the result, decide if there is a useful linear relationship between the independent variable (X) and the dependent variable (Y).
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling to keep up with your case studies? Check out Malaysia Assignment Help! We offer case study help services that can take the stress off of completing academic case studies. Our case study experts are skilled and experienced so that you know you're getting only the best!
Recent Solved Questions
- BBNG3103: What are policies of the Malaysian government that would encourage and contribute towards international business: International Business Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CV81: You are to write a rather lengthy email to your juniors in the BSc Psychology degree program: History of Psychology Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- Describe how these marketing environmental factors, such as demographic, economic, socio-cultural, and technological forces: Marketing and Management Essay, APU, Malaysia
- What search strategies did you use to identify key papers that should be read to develop your answer to the essay: Psychology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- MGT555: In 2021, the price charged for bottled drinks/box is RM10 for passion fruit, RM8 for mango, and RM6 for calamansi: Business analytics Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- LAW1014: On 3 May 2014, Azam wrote to Ben offering to sell to Ben his boat for RM2 million: Business law Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- You are required to select a business organisation to analyse its’ strategic management: Stretegic Management Assignment, ASB
- CCS20903: Create a complete web application using Java Servlet and Java Server Pages technologies. Create a Java web application: Client Server Computing Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- KT34103: Hand, foot, and mouth disease is a mild, contagious viral infection common in young children. The enteroviruses that cause HFMD: Artificial Intelligence Case Study, UMS, Malaysia
- MAT1830: The Corruption Perceptions Index uses perceptions of the general public, business people: Discrete mathematics for computer science Assignment, MUM, Malaysia