He was the son of Abeto Fasil, as well as the grandson of Abeto Yakob and the great-grandson of Dawit II: History Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
He was the son of Abeto Fasil, as well as the grandson of Abeto Yakob and the great-grandson of Dawit II. As a result, while some authorities list Susenyos as a member of the Solomonic dynasty, others consider him—rather than his son, Fasilides—as the founder of the Gondar line of the dynasty.
The life of Susenyos is known through his chronicle, written by several official writers. The Jesuits, who were closely associated with Susenyos’s reign, also left numerous documents on their mission in Ethiopia.
Manuel de Almeida, a Portuguese Jesuit who lived in Ethiopia during Susenyos’ reign, described the emperor as tall with the features of a man of quality, large handsome eyes, “and an ample and well-groomed beard.” He wore “a tunic of crimson velvet down to the knee, breeches of the Moorish style, a sash or girdle of many large pieces of fine gold, and an outer coat of damask of the same color, like a capelhar.”
Of Amhara descent, Susenyos I was born to Hamalmal Warq, the daughter of a provincial chief from the noble family of Shime, and Abeto Fasil the son of Prince Abeto Yaeqob, who in turn was the son of King Dawit II
Susenyos was the youngest of his mother’s five sons. His brothers Se’ela Krestos, Make’d Krestos, Yamana Krestos, and Afa Krestos held the most important posts during his reign.
As a boy, a group of marauding Oromos captured him and killed his father Abeto Fasil and a number of others. Susenyos were held captive for over a year until they were rescued by the Dejazmach Asbo in 1585 in a military campaign against the Oromos led by Emperor Sarsa Dengel, his uncle.
Upon his rescue, Susenyos was entrusted to the care of Dowager Empress
Admas Mogasa, who supervised his early education. The Queen mother was the mother of Sarsa Dengel and widow of Emperor Menas, and great-aunt of Susenyos. So that he could support himself, the queen’s mother, returned to him the lands previously held by his father in Gojjam.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you're looking for homework help, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the perfect website for you! Here, you can find homework helpers and experts in a variety of fields who are available to provide assistance with your assignments. With their highly qualified assignment writing help, they completely understand student needs and offer quality services at affordable prices.
Recent Solved Questions
- BKAN1013: Gurkha Consultancy Sdn Bhd is a company that provides consultation to entrepreneurs: Basic Accounting Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Labor crunch main stumbling block to hospitality recovery in Malaysia” According to this headline: Introduction to Hospitality Essay, TU, Malaysia
- students are required to evaluate the psychological tests and reflect on the usability of the test in the Malaysian context: Psychological Test and Measurements Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PRJ 3036: The research project is intended to provide you with the opportunity to explore at length and in-depth aspects of theory, knowledge, experience: Research Project 2 Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- You are working for a marketing company that specializes in helping companies to market their products: Programming model Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- West End Bicycle is a company that has been manufacturing bicycles since 1985: IT Audit and Risk Management Report, ASB, Malaysia
- An assessment test is used to measure a person’s readiness for college The mathematics scores in the test are scaled to have a normal distribution with a mean of 500 and a standard deviation of 100: Statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- My Personal Development Plan has been influenced by my work experience as a supervisor in a small: Professional Management and Leadership Development Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- The mean increment for the monthly salary of the employees from company A is RM 456.5 with a standard deviation of RM 90.5: statistics Assignment, UM, malaysia
- GM501/ MBG1033/ GM530: Following transactions for the month of July 2022 pertain to Techno World Ltd: Financial Accounting and Analysis/ Business Accounting for Decision Making Assignment, Malaysia