He was the son of Abeto Fasil, as well as the grandson of Abeto Yakob and the great-grandson of Dawit II: History Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
He was the son of Abeto Fasil, as well as the grandson of Abeto Yakob and the great-grandson of Dawit II. As a result, while some authorities list Susenyos as a member of the Solomonic dynasty, others consider him—rather than his son, Fasilides—as the founder of the Gondar line of the dynasty.
The life of Susenyos is known through his chronicle, written by several official writers. The Jesuits, who were closely associated with Susenyos’s reign, also left numerous documents on their mission in Ethiopia.
Manuel de Almeida, a Portuguese Jesuit who lived in Ethiopia during Susenyos’ reign, described the emperor as tall with the features of a man of quality, large handsome eyes, “and an ample and well-groomed beard.” He wore “a tunic of crimson velvet down to the knee, breeches of the Moorish style, a sash or girdle of many large pieces of fine gold, and an outer coat of damask of the same color, like a capelhar.”
Of Amhara descent, Susenyos I was born to Hamalmal Warq, the daughter of a provincial chief from the noble family of Shime, and Abeto Fasil the son of Prince Abeto Yaeqob, who in turn was the son of King Dawit II
Susenyos was the youngest of his mother’s five sons. His brothers Se’ela Krestos, Make’d Krestos, Yamana Krestos, and Afa Krestos held the most important posts during his reign.
As a boy, a group of marauding Oromos captured him and killed his father Abeto Fasil and a number of others. Susenyos were held captive for over a year until they were rescued by the Dejazmach Asbo in 1585 in a military campaign against the Oromos led by Emperor Sarsa Dengel, his uncle.
Upon his rescue, Susenyos was entrusted to the care of Dowager Empress
Admas Mogasa, who supervised his early education. The Queen mother was the mother of Sarsa Dengel and widow of Emperor Menas, and great-aunt of Susenyos. So that he could support himself, the queen’s mother, returned to him the lands previously held by his father in Gojjam.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you're looking for homework help, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the perfect website for you! Here, you can find homework helpers and experts in a variety of fields who are available to provide assistance with your assignments. With their highly qualified assignment writing help, they completely understand student needs and offer quality services at affordable prices.
Recent Solved Questions
- Theoretical Aspects Of Computer Science Assignment, MUM Malaysia, you are required to develop a computer program with Python programming language to try and solve it
- FBF1163: Presume that your class at UCSI finishes at 6:30 pm and you must travel 6 km to reach your home for dinner: Fundamentals of Programming Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- Collect data on a range of financial instruments (including shares, indices, currencies, and cryptocurrencies: Finance in Action Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- BTM3001: By their very nature, traditional companies are not equipped to deal with social problems: Ethics and sustainability in business environment Research Paper, MUM, Malaysia
- When thinking about climate change, what is your main MANGETOUT MOMENT : Environmental Science Report, OUM, Malaysia
- BCS302/03: Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies: Corporate Governance Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- OUMM3203 The purpose of this assignment is to develop learners’ ability to evaluate the importance of the rule of law: Etika Professional Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Describe windows system artifacts, Outline the key artifacts from the windows operating system: Cyber Forensics & Information Technology Assignment, LBS, Malaysia
- China has emerged as a major player in international affairs in the last few decades with global interests and the ability: International Relations Dissertation, UITM, Malaysia
- As a newly hired Chief Social Media Manager for the head office of an international organisation: BM004-3-1 BCS Business Communication Report, APU, Malaysia