We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane: High Electron Mobility Transistor Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
|University of Michigan (UM)
|High Electron Mobility Transistor
We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane. Separated, a sample pool and a reference pool in a water-gated SnO2 thin-film transistor (SnO2 WGTFT) with such a membrane leads to membrane potential, and thus transistor threshold shift in response to the common drinking water pollutants Pb2þ or Cu2þ in the sample pool. Threshold shift with ion concentration, c, follows a Langmuir–Freundlich (LF) characteristic.
As the LF characteristic shows the steepest slope in the limit c → 0, this opens a window to limits-of-detection (LoDs) far below the ‘action levels’ of the ‘lead-and-copper rule’ for drinking water: Pb2þ: LoD 0.9 nM vs 72 nM action level, Cu2þ: LoD 14 nM vs 20.5 μM action level. LoDs are far lower than for membranes using organic macrocycles as their sensitive elements.
Threshold shifts at the lead and copper action levels are more significant than shifts in response to variations in the concentration of non-toxic co-cations, and we discuss in detail how to moderate interference. The selective response to lead and copper qualifies clinoptilolite-sensitized WGTFTs as a low-footprint sensor technology for monitoring the lead-and-copper rule and confirming the effectiveness of attempts to extract lead and copper from
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Need to help with your homework in Malaysia? No need to worry, Malaysia Assignment Help! We understand the challenges students face in managing their coursework and meeting deadlines, which is why we offer expert help with assignments and homework in a wide range of subjects. Our team of experienced tutors and writers are dedicated to providing personalized support to each and every student, ensuring that you receive the help you need to achieve your academic goals. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help with your assignments and homework in Malaysia!
Recent Solved Questions
- ACC6202 Evaluate the local economy in light of GDP, interest rates, inflation, and currencies. Explain how these factors would affect the chosen company: Accounts and Financy Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- Analyse general problem-solving strategies and algorithmic paradigms, and apply them to solving new problems: Algorithms and Data Structure Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- BMR3174: Identify the key elements of Supply Chain Management And Propose the best alternatives: Supply Chain Management Assignment, MUST, Malaysia
- BAGB1023: Organizational Behaviour Assignment, UIU, Malaysia You are required to prepare a Change Management Plan for the Company
- Newcom is a newly established private limited company in Malaysia that supplies telecommunication services: Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- What is a project network diagram? Explain the concept of forward planning and backward planning and state: Project Management for Professional MBA Coursework, UTM, Malaysia
- MEE3221: In a room with no wind, a worker pushes a 10-kg trolley to a velocity of 1.5 m/s before letting go, as shown in Figure: Fluid Mechanics 2 Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- Describes the clinical evaluation process and outcome for creating a tool: Nursing Assignment, UIM, Malaysia
- BUSN6120: Based on the concept of Porter’s five forces Model existing level of competitive rivalry in the industry: Managerial Economics Course Work, UNM, Malaysia
- Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives: Faculty of Behavioural Sciences Assignment, HU, Malaysia