TIS3351: This is an individual assignment STRICTLY NO COPYING from other sources except codes given in this course If detected all parties involved will get 0 marks: Advanced Database Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
|Subject||TIS3351: Advanced Database|
This is an individual assignment. STRICTLY NO COPYING from other sources except codes given in this course. If detected all parties involved will get 0 marks.
In this assignment, designed and implement an operational data store and a data warehouse with an ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) scheme for the Faculty of Computing and Informatics at Multimedia University.
The main entities to be modelled include but are not limited to students, lecturers, Courses, and Assessment Marks. Add more entities if needed. Attributes related to the Student should include high school, state of origin, SPM or UEC results, gender, and age. Attributes related to Lecturer should include the highest qualification, major, age, and academic post.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
GPA and CGPA need not be captured in this assignment.
There are three parts to implement.
Draw the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) of the operational data stored in the third normal form and convert the ERD to a relational schema. Describe any design assumptions made. Implement the relational schema with an SQL script file. Insert sufficient example data for thirty students, nine courses (three for each trimester for trimesters 1, 2, and 3 ), and six lecturers.
Draw the ERD of the data warehouse and convert the ERD to a relational schema. Implement the data warehouse with an SQL script file. Implement an ETL scheme with one or multiple SQL script files, one script file for each trimester, to extract data from the operational data store and load them into the data warehouse. If needed, create and drop temp tables during the ETL process. An ETL operation is to be run every trimester.
Implement five possible queries for the data warehouse. Assume the queries are used by the President of MMU to gain an insight into the current state of MMU from various perspectives.
b) Relational schema
c) Design assumptions made
d) SQL scripts
e) The corresponding SQL output text
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
We offer the best homework help in Malaysia. Our team of expert homework writers are highly trained and experienced to deliver top-quality solution on information technology assignments on time with accurate spelling, and grammar that will help you to get a higher rank in your database assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- Choose any three (3) accounting standards that you have learned in the class and discuss briefly about those standards: Financial Accounting & Reporting 1 Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- PAF3043: Golden Phoenix Bhd is a manufacturing company engaged in food and beverages industries: Financial accounting Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- Let X be an exponential random variable, Show that for a > 0 and b > 0: Statistics Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Discuss the tragedy happened in this movie from the point of view of the Domino Theory and Multiple Causation Theory: Occupational Safety and Health Management Report, OUM, malaysia
- UBTE2013: The Students are Required to Choose one Successful BUMIPUTERA Entrepreneur in Malaysia: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Why do you think Toyota decided to adapt the existing plant in Melbourne rather than build one from the ground: Issues in Global Business Essay, TU, Malaysia
- Ruby Berhad, a Malaysian company signed a contract on 1 December 2019 to buy machinery from Ecuador payable: Advance Financial Accounting Home Work, SU, Malaysia
- Identify the five modes of transportation and what are the advantages and disadvantages: Logistics and Transportation Assignment, MISI, Malaysia
- The IT department is significant in maintaining communications networks for small and large businesses: MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- ACC4294: Today’s environment is one not only of heightened risk but of prolonged uncertainty: Effective Governance Report, HU, Malaysia