TIS3351: This is an individual assignment STRICTLY NO COPYING from other sources except codes given in this course If detected all parties involved will get 0 marks: Advanced Database Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
|Subject||TIS3351: Advanced Database|
This is an individual assignment. STRICTLY NO COPYING from other sources except codes given in this course. If detected all parties involved will get 0 marks.
In this assignment, design and implement an operational data store and a data warehouse with an ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) scheme for the Faculty of Computing and Informatics at Multimedia University.
The main entities to be modeled include but are not limited to students, lecturers, Courses, and Assessment Marks. Add more entities if needed. Attributes related to Student should include high school, state of origin, SPM or UEC results, gender, and age. Attributes related to Lecturer should include the highest qualification, major, age, and academic post.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
GPA and CGPA need not be captured in this assignment.
There are three parts to implement.
Draw the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) of the operational data store in the third normal form and convert the ERD to a relational schema. Describe any design assumptions made. Implement the relational schema with an SQL script file. Insert sufficient example data for thirty students, nine courses (three for each trimester for trimesters 1, 2, and 3 ), and six lecturers.
Draw the ERD of the data warehouse and convert the ERD to a relational schema. Implement the data warehouse with an SQL script file. Implement an ETL scheme with one or multiple SQL script files, one script file for each trimester, to extract data from the operational data store and load them into the data warehouse. If needed, create and drop temp tables during the ETL process. An ETL operation is to be run every trimester.
Implement five possible queries for the data warehouse. Assume the queries are used by the President of MMU to gain an insight into the current state of MMU from various perspectives.
b) Relational schema
c) Design assumptions made
d) SQL scripts
e) The corresponding SQL output text
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
We offer the best homework help in Malaysia. Our team of expert homework writers are highly trained and experienced to deliver top-quality solution on information technology assignments on time with accurate spelling, and grammar that will help you to get a higher rank in your database assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- FIT1048: You are asked to write a set of C++ classes that simulate the operation of an airline: Fundamentals of C++ Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- C19BU: Discuss how you would address any lack of alignment or a mismatch between Blue Sky’s historic activities and its new low-cost or economic strategy: Strategic Management Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- FAR320: WNO Food Bhd purchased 2 industrial buildings in the Pending area on 1 January 2015 Building A is used as a place to process food: Financial Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Real-Time system is subjected to the system response time should be assured within a given time frame, or the system should fulfill: Real Time System Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- BTW1042: Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Classify firms according to the 4 different roles they might play leader, challenger, follower, and niche: Marketing Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- WUC107/03: You are a Malaysian trainer who is a highly sought-out expert in the area of cross-cultural negotiations The Communications Director of a large company has asked you to write an article on ‘Guidelines for cross-cultural negotiations in China’ for their business magazine: Workplace Communication Skills Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- The international tourism industry is taking a major hit as COVID-19 circulates into more countries and fear about it spreads across the world: Bachelor of Enterprise Management System Case Study, MMU, Malaysia
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Business Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia