TBE 101/03: Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||TBE 101/03: Building Materials|
1. Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities. Structures, reinforcements, cladding, roofing, window frames, plumbing, heating equipment, and a variety of other applications all use them. Metals can be found in both old and new buildings, as well as in contemporary design. You are required to:
i. Compare two types of metals and explain the properties of the metals chosen
ii. Interpret the production of metals chosen in
iii. Classify the factors affecting the application of metals chosen in construction Prepare a report according to the above requirement. Appropriate photographs,
figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 30 words.
2. Hardwoods are widely used for walls, ceilings, and floors, while softwoods are frequently utilized for doors, furniture, and window frames. Oak, maple, mahogany, cherry, walnut, and teak are some of the most popular hardwoods. In Malaysia, wooden houses are still popular in both urban and suburban areas.
In this assignment, you are required to:
(i) Present an example of a timber building*. The selected building must have ≥50% of timber application and locate in Malaysia.
(ii) Classify the application of timber in the building.
(iii) Describe the properties of the timber applied in the building.
(iv) Demonstrate the sources and the production of timber in building construction.
(v) Interpret the advantages and disadvantages of the application of timber in building construction.
Complete the assignment based on the above requirement. Appropriate photographs, figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 500 words.
3. Prepare a Site Visit report based on your visit to the selected site. Please read the TBE10105 Site Visit Tutor_Student pdf file (in Flexlearn) for information.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Students of Malaysia direct ask us to do my assignment on time by the experts of Malaysia assignment help. we provide a team of professional experts who have the longest experience to write outstanding solutions for engineering assignments at a market price.
Recent Solved Questions
- UGB161: Knowledge and understanding of different areas of marketing, the relationships between them, and their application to international business organizations: Introduction to Marketing Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- DEE40082: The device has a voice-controlled, Google Assistant smart speaker with a beautiful color segmented LED display: Electrical Engineering Assignment, PM, Malaysia
- BMM 2543: Write a report with references for the application of Fluid Mechanic’s fundamental principles on hydroelectric energy: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- Determine the minimum fresh water and minimum wastewater targets for the above system using water cascade analysis: Advanced process integration Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- JFP463E: Conduct interviews with 5 investors/respondents to explore and understand their investment behavior: Finance Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Solve the following pair of simultaneous differential equations: Mathematics Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- CIN2720: Creativity and innovation are essential to an organization’s success, and both should be infused into every aspect of a business: Creativity and Innovation Assignment, LBS, Malaysia
- Shanghai International Port (Group) Co. Ltd (SIPG), the operator of public terminals in Shanghai’s port is a large scale specialized: Shipping Management Assignment, NMIT, Malaysia
- MPA21603: The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate appropriate tools and techniques: Managerial Economic Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- LEA4173: Identify a topic or research area of interest in designing any software that can be used to solve users’ problems: Academic Research Assignment, SU, Malaysia