TBE 101/03: Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||TBE 101/03: Building Materials|
1. Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities. Structures, reinforcements, cladding, roofing, window frames, plumbing, heating equipment, and a variety of other applications all use them. Metals can be found in both old and new buildings, as well as in contemporary design. You are required to:
i. Compare two types of metals and explain the properties of the metals chosen
ii. Interpret the production of metals chosen in
iii. Classify the factors affecting the application of metals chosen in construction Prepare a report according to the above requirement. Appropriate photographs,
figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 30 words.
2. Hardwoods are widely used for walls, ceilings, and floors, while softwoods are frequently utilized for doors, furniture, and window frames. Oak, maple, mahogany, cherry, walnut, and teak are some of the most popular hardwoods. In Malaysia, wooden houses are still popular in both urban and suburban areas.
In this assignment, you are required to:
(i) Present an example of a timber building*. The selected building must have ≥50% of timber application and locate in Malaysia.
(ii) Classify the application of timber in the building.
(iii) Describe the properties of the timber applied in the building.
(iv) Demonstrate the sources and the production of timber in building construction.
(v) Interpret the advantages and disadvantages of the application of timber in building construction.
Complete the assignment based on the above requirement. Appropriate photographs, figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 500 words.
3. Prepare a Site Visit report based on your visit to the selected site. Please read the TBE10105 Site Visit Tutor_Student pdf file (in Flexlearn) for information.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Students of Malaysia direct ask us to do my assignment on time by the experts of Malaysia assignment help. we provide a team of professional experts who have the longest experience to write outstanding solutions for engineering assignments at a market price.
Recent Solved Questions
- LEI3044: you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- MAF503: Cottesloe Sdn Bhd (CSB) is a trading company that sells end products from overseas. The financial data for: Financial Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- EEE4333: Demonstrates the ability to engage in independent learning of modern tools for the programming of embedded systems: Embedded system Coursework, SU, Malaysia
- A group of students will be part of a project in building a Medical Centre of max 50 beds hospital in Malaysia: Hospital Engineering Report, UPM, Malaysia
- DHT 541: Tourism is the generic term to cover both demand and supply that has been adopted in various forms and used: Tourism and Hospitality Economics Assignment, CUM, Malaysia
- MBA6073: Decide demand and supply factors impacting the launch of the new product service based on the organization that you have selected incorporating short-run and long-run factors: Managerial Economics Assignment, QIUP, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: The Movement Control Order implemented in Malaysia has classified businesses into essential services and non-essential services: English for Written Communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- In CIMB, Datuk Seri Nazir Razak’s participative leadership style can be seen in his establishment of various management: Organization Behavior Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- Mega Technology is a small software design company set up two years ago In Mega Technology’s short period trading: Project Management Case Study, CU, Malaysia
- BFF5915: The Black-Scholes-Merton option pricing model assumes a risk-free rate as the expected rate of return on the asset: OPTIONS, FUTURES AND RISK MANAGEMENT Assignment, MUM, Malaysia