TBE 101/03: Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||TBE 101/03: Building Materials|
1. Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities. Structures, reinforcements, cladding, roofing, window frames, plumbing, heating equipment, and a variety of other applications all use them. Metals can be found in both old and new buildings, as well as in contemporary design. You are required to:
i. Compare two types of metals and explain the properties of the metals chosen
ii. Interpret the production of metals chosen in
iii. Classify the factors affecting the application of metals chosen in construction Prepare a report according to the above requirement. Appropriate photographs,
figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 30 words.
2. Hardwoods are widely used for walls, ceilings, and floors, while softwoods are frequently utilized for doors, furniture, and window frames. Oak, maple, mahogany, cherry, walnut, and teak are some of the most popular hardwoods. In Malaysia, wooden houses are still popular in both urban and suburban areas.
In this assignment, you are required to:
(i) Present an example of a timber building*. The selected building must have ≥50% of timber application and locate in Malaysia.
(ii) Classify the application of timber in the building.
(iii) Describe the properties of the timber applied in the building.
(iv) Demonstrate the sources and the production of timber in building construction.
(v) Interpret the advantages and disadvantages of the application of timber in building construction.
Complete the assignment based on the above requirement. Appropriate photographs, figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 500 words.
3. Prepare a Site Visit report based on your visit to the selected site. Please read the TBE10105 Site Visit Tutor_Student pdf file (in Flexlearn) for information.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Students of Malaysia direct ask us to do my assignment on time by the experts of Malaysia assignment help. we provide a team of professional experts who have the longest experience to write outstanding solutions for engineering assignments at a market price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Based on the works of any two authors you have read, discuss the portrayal of the social outcast or solitary figure and demonstrate: Bachelor of Arts Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- The purpose of this chapter is to briefly explain the overall research topic by dividing them into sections of research background: Social Media Influencers Roles in Influencing Research Paper, UPM, Malaysia
- Discuss the steps to implement quality improvements in a manufacturing company: Quality management Report, UKM, Malaysia
- Determine the minimum fresh water and minimum wastewater targets for the above system using water cascade analysis: Advanced process integration Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- Foreign subsidiaries financial statements are generally prepared in the local currency of the country it is operates in: Financial Accounting & Reporting 3 Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- In this laboratory practical, students are required to separate and purify unknown compounds of a given sample mixture using appropriate: Bachelor of Science in Analytical Chemistry Report, TARC, Malaysia
- E-Waste Management in Malaysia: Residents’ Willingness to Pay for Household E-Waste Recycling in Kuching, Sarawak: Social Science Research Paper, UMS, Malaysia
- MKAE1083: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Reinforced Concrete Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Syarikat Layang uses the First-in, First-out costing method for its perpetual inventory system: Bachelor of Business Accounting Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- SKAA 4313: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design Assignment, UTM, Malaysia