Seb has been employed by Longton Water Company plc, Northampton, maintaining and repairing water pipes since: Employment Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
Seb has been employed by Longton Water Company plc, Northampton, maintaining and repairing water pipes since 10th March 2013. His hours of work are 8 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday but additionally has to be on call one night a fortnight, 8 pm to 8 am on a rota basis with his colleagues. This is to cover any emergencies which might occur. Employees are prohibited from drinking alcohol whilst on call. Seb is a very good employee who has excellent performance reviews.
Seb’s Team Leader is Jack whom the team dislikes as he always ignores issues they raise about health and safety and is generally not very approachable.
Two months ago Seb made a complaint about Jack’s behavior to the Maintenance Manager, Sam. Jack was annoyed at this and looked at Seb’s Facebook account. He discovered that it was not set to private so he looked through Seb’s posts. Jack saw a conversation in 2020 between Seb and one of his teammates, complaining about him and calling him rude and derogatory names. Seb also said that he was on call at the time of posting and was drinking Vodka and apple juice which he had not tried before but which was very nice. There was nothing on Seb’s Facebook page indicating who he was employed by.
Jack reported these posts to the Operations Manager, Ali, who telephoned Seb a month ago and told him to report to head office the next morning at 8 am for a meeting about his conduct. Seb asked a colleague to attend the meeting with him but he was unable to as he had to go to a medical appointment. Ali refused to postpone the meeting. At the meeting, Seb was shown copies of his Facebook posts which surprised Seb as his account had been set to private.
Seb said his Facebook account must have been hacked and that the comments were just a bit of banter between teammates and he meant no harm. He denied drinking alcohol and said he was only joking and would never drink whilst on call. He apologized for his comments.
The next day Seb received an email that said he was being dismissed for gross misconduct as he was in breach of the company’s social media policy which said “ Any action on the internet which might embarrass Longton Water Company plc, for example by posting comments on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social networking platforms would amount to gross misconduct and could result in summary dismissal” and his comments would damage public confidence in the company. Seb appealed against the decision but his appeal was not upheld. Seb was paid his correct notice pay.
Seb is very upset, particularly as the teammate he was chatting with on Facebook only received a final written warning.
Advise Seb whether he can make any claims against Longton Water Company plc and if he were to be successful what his remedies would be.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for an experienced homework helper in Malaysia? Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is an online homework assistance that provides quality help to students from all walks of life. Our team consists of trained and knowledgeable assignment help experts who know exactly how to solve even the most complex academic problems. Our service has been used by students from all around the world to ensure their academic success - join us today and let us help you reach your goals!
Recent Solved Questions
- Identify and evaluate the role and function of research & Identify five different types of research methods in the business computing field: Research Methodology Research Paper, MSU, Malaysia
- CCS21203/DSE20203: Apply the principles and theories related to information technology and application in the Operating System environment: OPERATING SYSTEM Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- LAW416: Lena a housewife, visits Tenggara Bhd, a company that sells various kinds of electrical goods for household purposes: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- LEI2043: Based on the above article, kindly explain and elaborate what is the extent of discretionary powers of a police officer: CURRENT ISSUES IN LAW ENFORCEMENT Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- To examine the relationship between Services Quality and customer satisfaction in the Johor Bharu property industry: Business Research Thesis, SUT, Malaysia
- CSC2773: The board director of Cekap Memandu Institute is looking forward to the possibility of connecting all places: Local Area Networking Technologies Assignment, KPTM, Malaysia
- ITS64304: You are informed that this message has been encrypted as a mono-alphabetic cipher: Theory of Computation Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Evaluate the impact of emerging technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence on the protection of intellectual: Management Information System Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward not necessarily easy: Managing Organizational Health Essay, UWS, Malaysia
- Critically discuss pertaining to the FIVE (5) important viewpoints on what makes a Good Project Manager to decide on the above matter: Procurement Management Case Study, TARC, Malaysia