Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor: Medical Law Report UCISS, Malaysia
|University||UCISS Malaysia (UCISS)|
(a) Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor because she was complaining of severe abdominal pain and was losing weight. After preliminary investigations and a referral to see a consultant, the doctors believe she may have cancer of the uterus and they recommend exploratory surgery. Penelope denies that she has cancer and refuses surgery saying that the doctors ‘just want to use her for their experiments.’ The medical team wish to know whether they need a court order before they can operate. They also anticipate that she will physically resist treatment and want to know if a sedative can lawfully be administered to her at home so that she can be brought to hospital without a struggle.
b) Spencer, a competitive street dancer, developed sciatica, which involves compression of a spinal nerve causing pain and which affected his ability to walk. Spencer’s General Practitioner (GP) referred him to Mr Alvez, a neurosurgeon who works for the local NHS Trust. Mr Alvez recommended surgery. Mr Alvez says that, when he first met Spencer for a consultation, he asked Spencer whether he had any questions about the operation, and Spencer said ‘No, I don’t think so. I’ve already checked it out on the internet’. Despite the operation being performed by Mr Alvez with reasonable care, Spencer suffered damage to a nerve in his leg that has resulted in on-going pain and significantly reduced ability to walk unaided. The risk of this type of nerve damage occurs in around 2 per cent of cases. Spencer wishes to sue Mr Alvez and says that, had he known about this risk of permanent damage to a nerve in his leg, he thinks he would not have consented to the operation and would have persisted with physiotherapy and other non-surgical treatments for longer. Mr Alvez says that he assumed that Spencer was aware of the various treatment options and their respective risks.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Avail high-quality report writing help for Medical Law by the experts of Malaysia Assignment help our capable report writers can produce the detailed report on law assignments. you can also check BCM563 Construction Law Assignment Sample, LAW299 Business Law Assignment Sample, LAW346 Introduction To Partnership And Company Law Assignment Example, and LAW570 Law Relating To Health Care UiTM Assignment Example for expert guidance.
Recent Solved Questions
- Oral cancer represents the sixth most common malignancy in the world. There are a lot of oral cancers depending: Operations Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- The junctions of the square grid shown above were levels taken to determine the volume of excavation necessary: Land Surveying Assignment, UGM, Malaysia
- Jubahsauk produces two new designs of baju kurung, A and B. Through market research and survey, the company determines: Applied Calculus Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- LAW 3711: Mee Lan left RM 3000 for the maintenance of aged and poor people at Gunung Ledang: Equity & Trusts II Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- Evaluate the minimum fresh usage and minimum terminal losses of identified compound by using the mass integration approach: ENERGY OPTIMISATION AND ECONOMICS Report, Malaysia
- Computational social choice exploits the idea that any mechanism we may use to make collective decisions is ultimately an algorithm: Management Science Report, UON, Malaysia
- MOM705: Ali makes ping-pong balls in his Malaysia plant. With recent increases in his costs, he has a newfound interest: Operations Management Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- M250: Object-Oriented Development with Java COVID-19 VACCINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM: Oriented Development with Java Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CBC3013N: Explain the roles and responsibilities of management. Explain management principles and the tasks of managers: Principles of Management Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- UBML2013: Select any one current news report from Star Online that is relevant to any topic from Topic 5 to Topic 8: Company Law Report, UTAR, Malaysia