Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor: Medical Law Report UCISS, Malaysia
|University||UCISS Malaysia (UCISS)|
(a) Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor because she was complaining of severe abdominal pain and was losing weight. After preliminary investigations and a referral to see a consultant, the doctors believe she may have cancer of the uterus and they recommend exploratory surgery. Penelope denies that she has cancer and refuses surgery saying that the doctors ‘just want to use her for their experiments.’ The medical team wish to know whether they need a court order before they can operate. They also anticipate that she will physically resist treatment and want to know if a sedative can lawfully be administered to her at home so that she can be brought to hospital without a struggle.
b) Spencer, a competitive street dancer, developed sciatica, which involves compression of a spinal nerve causing pain and which affected his ability to walk. Spencer’s General Practitioner (GP) referred him to Mr Alvez, a neurosurgeon who works for the local NHS Trust. Mr Alvez recommended surgery. Mr Alvez says that, when he first met Spencer for a consultation, he asked Spencer whether he had any questions about the operation, and Spencer said ‘No, I don’t think so. I’ve already checked it out on the internet’. Despite the operation being performed by Mr Alvez with reasonable care, Spencer suffered damage to a nerve in his leg that has resulted in on-going pain and significantly reduced ability to walk unaided. The risk of this type of nerve damage occurs in around 2 per cent of cases. Spencer wishes to sue Mr Alvez and says that, had he known about this risk of permanent damage to a nerve in his leg, he thinks he would not have consented to the operation and would have persisted with physiotherapy and other non-surgical treatments for longer. Mr Alvez says that he assumed that Spencer was aware of the various treatment options and their respective risks.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Avail high-quality report writing help for Medical Law by the experts of Malaysia Assignment help our capable report writers can produce the detailed report on law assignments. you can also check BCM563 Construction Law Assignment Sample, LAW299 Business Law Assignment Sample, LAW346 Introduction To Partnership And Company Law Assignment Example, and LAW570 Law Relating To Health Care UiTM Assignment Example for expert guidance.
Recent Solved Questions
- BUSM50003: Explain your research philosophy and methodologies and In particular, comment on the research design: Big Data Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- The primary purpose of this research is to examine the relationship between employee perception: Employee Acceptance Towards E-HRM: Electronic Human Resource Management Dissertation, APU, Malaysia
- Discuss typical real-time systems, their requirements for asynchronous operation, concurrency, and robustness: Real time Systems Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- Impairment losses of RM4 million were deemed to have arisen by 30 September 2021 in respect of goodwill of ST Berhad: Financial Accounting Case Study, UON, Malaysia
- ISA 700 (Revised), Forming An Opinion And Reporting On Financial Statements, deals with the auditor’s responsibility: Auditing Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- CLOUD-ASSISTED cyber-physical systems have broad applications, ranging from healthcare to smart electricity grid: Company Law Assignment, BAC, Malaysia
- Heartsong LLC is a designer and manufacturer of replacement heart valves based in Peoria, Illinois. While a relatively small company: Strategic Management Case Study, UTM, Malaysia
- what are the lessons we have learned in the past from handling Covid 19 Pandemic to prepare for any anticipated new outbreak: Safety, Health and Welfare Assignment, AMU, Malaysia
- Discuss the concepts of operations input resources, transformation processes, and outputs: Operation Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Great Excel Traders has a branch at Kota Tinggi. All accounts are maintained at the Head Office in Johor Bahru: Accounting and Finance Assignment, UUM, Malaysia