PDS0101:A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage: Intro to Digital Systems, Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|Multimedia University (MMU)
|PDS0101 Intro to Digital Systems
A classic logic puzzle is as follows:
A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage. There is a boat that can fit himself plus either the wolf, the goat, or the cabbage only. If the wolf and the goat are alone on any shore, the wolf will eat the goat. If the goat and the cabbage are alone on any shore, the goat will eat the cabbage. Only the farmer can drive the boat.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
How can the farmer bring the wolf, the goat, and the cabbage across the river?
Your goal is to design an alarm circuit that will let the farmer know if a condition is violated so that the farmer can safely transport all three objects across the river without losing any of them. Assuming that your alarm circuit operates when the items are on the banks of the river (and not during the trips back and forth) complete the following requirements:
a) Identify the four inputs to the circuit from the scenario above (the output is the alarm itself – so you only have one output) and draw a truth table to show when the alarm will trigger based on the inputs. Use the binary conditions of 0 to signify when an object is on one bank of the river and 1 when it is on the other.
b) Write the boolean expression derived from the truth table in (a)
c) Simplify the boolean expression obtained (you may use any method you prefer)
d) Draw the final logic circuit for the simplified expression above.
You are to design a combinational circuit that controls the lights in a room with multiple switches.
The requirements are as follows
∙ There are 3 switches in the room at different sides – one at the front door (A), one at the side door (B), and another at the back door (C)
∙ In the initial state, the room lights are OFF. Additionally, the switch at the front door is ON whilst the others are OFF.
∙ From the initial state, flipping any switch position will turn the lights ON. Flipping any switch position again will turn the lights OFF and so on. Draw the truth table for the inputs and outputs above and derive the final boolean expression from the truth table. Simplify your boolean expression (if possible) and then draw the logic circuit for the switch controls in the room You wish to design a magnitude comparator circuit for 2-bit binary numbers A and B with the following conditions
∙ The two 2-bit binary numbers have A=A1A0 and B=B1B0 bits respectively. ∙
The circuit will have two possible outputs X and Y.
∙ The outputs of the comparator, X=1 if A>=B and Y=1 if A<B. For all other conditions, the outputs are 0.
a) Draw the truth table of the comparator, indicating the different conditions for A1, A0, B1, B0, X, and Y
b) From the truth table, determine the functions for X and Y
c) Using a 4-to-16 line decoder implement the comparator design you obtained above
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for experienced writers to do my assignment Malaysia on PDS0101: Intro to Digital Systems? then you have come to the right website. Malaysia Assignment Help has a huge group of experts who have more than 10 years of experience to provide faultless solutions in different disciplines such as accounting assignment help and nursing assignment help with the tight deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Students are required to extract data on the performance of a country in terms of sustainability policies and management practices: Master of Policy Sciences Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- TCP1101 In this assignment, you will implement an assembly language interpreter that will run assembly language: Programming Fundamentals, UM, Malaysia
- Entrepreneurship is the art of creating something new, whether a new business or enterprise: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- Explain the history and journey of the regulatory framework governing the financial reporting practices in Malaysia: Accounting and Finance Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: You are required to write a report about your own personal problem and propose a solution to the problem: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Report, OUM, Malaysia
- In a digitalized e-commerce system, entrepreneurs have to use Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) strategies: Entrepreneurial Marketing Essay, CU, Malaysia
- MGW2230: What is Organizational behavior (OB) Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- LGV7024: Syarikat Advanze Thermo Sdn Bhd (“Advanze Thermo” or “the company”) is a private company that was incorporated in 2010: corporate law Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- ABPR1103: A psychologist studied the number of hours a worker sleeps at night and the number of errors made in a given task: Statistics for Psychology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MGT3443: Determine The Transportation Mode Throughout The Supply Chain Of The Organization: Transportation Management Report, UPTM, Malaysia