PDS0101:A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage: Intro to Digital Systems, Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
|Subject||PDS0101 Intro to Digital Systems|
A classic logic puzzle is as follows:
A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage. There is a boat that can fit himself plus either the wolf, the goat, or the cabbage only. If the wolf and the goat are alone on any shore, the wolf will eat the goat. If the goat and the cabbage are alone on any shore, the goat will eat the cabbage. Only the farmer can drive the boat.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
How can the farmer bring the wolf, the goat, and the cabbage across the river?
Your goal is to design an alarm circuit that will let the farmer know if a condition is violated so that the farmer can safely transport all three objects across the river without losing any of them. Assuming that your alarm circuit operates when the items are on the banks of the river (and not during the trips back and forth) complete the following requirements:
a) Identify the four inputs to the circuit from the scenario above (the output is the alarm itself – so you only have one output) and draw a truth table to show when the alarm will trigger based on the inputs. Use the binary conditions of 0 to signify when an object is on one bank of the river and 1 when it is on the other.
b) Write the boolean expression derived from the truth table in (a)
c) Simplify the boolean expression obtained (you may use any method you prefer)
d) Draw the final logic circuit for the simplified expression above.
You are to design a combinational circuit that controls the lights in a room with multiple switches.
The requirements are as follows
∙ There are 3 switches in the room at different sides – one at the front door (A), one at the side door (B), and another at the back door (C)
∙ In the initial state, the room lights are OFF. Additionally, the switch at the front door is ON whilst the others are OFF.
∙ From the initial state, flipping any switch position will turn the lights ON. Flipping any switch position again will turn the lights OFF and so on. Draw the truth table for the inputs and outputs above and derive the final boolean expression from the truth table. Simplify your boolean expression (if possible) and then draw the logic circuit for the switch controls in the room You wish to design a magnitude comparator circuit for 2-bit binary numbers A and B with the following conditions
∙ The two 2-bit binary numbers have A=A1A0 and B=B1B0 bits respectively. ∙
The circuit will have two possible outputs X and Y.
∙ The outputs of the comparator, X=1 if A>=B and Y=1 if A<B. For all other conditions, the outputs are 0.
a) Draw the truth table of the comparator, indicating the different conditions for A1, A0, B1, B0, X, and Y
b) From the truth table, determine the functions for X and Y
c) Using a 4-to-16 line decoder implement the comparator design you obtained above
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for experienced writers to do my assignment Malaysia on PDS0101: Intro to Digital Systems? then you have come to the right website. Malaysia Assignment Help has a huge group of experts who have more than 10 years of experience to provide faultless solutions in different disciplines such as accounting assignment help and nursing assignment help with the tight deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- A supermarket has two customers waiting for their purchases at counter 1 and one customer waiting to pay at counter 2: Probability & Mathematical Statistics Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Delta tech Digital Solutions is an IT company, which is supplying all IT-related hardware equipment and networking services: Digital Image Production Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- Curricula are defined at various levels, the state and classroom levels being the most well-known: Curriculum Development Dissertation, UKM, Malaysia
- EER1001: What is Total Connected Load (TCL)?: Electrical Services for Facilities Assignment,TP, Malaysia
- Students are given an article British Airways suffers data breach compromising information: Information Technology Case Study, UTP, Malaysia
- Mr Wong is a Burger Queen outlet franchisee. As a franchisee, Mr Wong is expected to fulfill his contractual obligation to ensure his outlet: Operation Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- TBE103/03: The elements of the environmental design have played major roles in providing comfort to the occupants of a building: Environmental Science and Design Report, WOU, Malaysia
- E-Waste Management in Malaysia: Residents’ Willingness to Pay for Household E-Waste Recycling in Kuching, Sarawak: Social Science Research Paper, UMS, Malaysia
- STA404: A study has been made to compare the average amount of sugar content for two brands of energy drinks: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- HMEF5133: The objective of the assignment is to enhance learners’ ability in researching a topic of study : Directed Reading Assignment, OUM, Malaysia