Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Production and Operations Management|
Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever. With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop their special way of selling furniture. Their stores’ layout means customers often spend two hours in the store – for longer than in rival furniture retailers.
IKEA’s philosophy goes back to the original business, started in the 1950s in Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad. He built a showroom on the outskirts of Stockholm where land was cheap and simply displayed suppliers’ furniture as it would be in a domestic setting.
Increasing sales soon allowed IKEA to start ordering its self-designed products from local manufacturers. But it was innovation in its operations that
dramatically reduced its selling costs.
These included the idea of selling furniture as self-assembly flat packs, which reduced production and transport costs, and its ‘showroom-warehouse’ concept, which required customers to pick the furniture up themselves from the warehouse. Both of these operating principles are still the basis of IKEA’s retail operations process today.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for professional case study writing help for your Production and Operations Management Case Study? Then, Malaysia assignment help have a huge team of professional writers. Who are talented and knowledgeable to develop a unique case study at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BOI207: Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another: General Microbiology Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- ACC4213: Identify and critically evaluate strategic management accounting techniques applied by two (2) companies in attaining business competitive advantage: Strategic Cost Management Assignment, UH, Malaysia
- Evaluate the role of Ocean fertilization in addressing climate change In the introduction briefly explain climate change and ocean fertilization : GEO ENGINEERING Essay, UITM, Malaysia
- Catalytic deoxygenation of palm oil and its residue in green diesel production: A current technological review: Inorganic Chemistry Thesis, UTM, malaysia
- The figure below shows a longitudinal section along the proposed centre line of a road together with a series of six cross-sections taken at 25 m intervals: Land Survey Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- MKW2460: Your group is to assume that you are the Marketing Communication Manager (IMC Manager), and you are to develop a new product: Integrated marketing communication Report, MUM, Malaysia
- BAGB1023: You are required to prepare a Change Management Plan for the Company: Organizational Behaviour Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- Discuss critically the 3 Short-term Impacts & 3 Long-term Impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Economic: Economic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- In view of relevant case-law and academic opinion, critically examine to what extent the rise of AI may be a good opportunity: Intellectual Property Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
- This is a task where you must demonstrate your understanding of the module by supporting your points of analysis and discussion: Professional Management and Leadership Assignment, SC, Malaysia