Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Production and Operations Management|
Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever. With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop their special way of selling furniture. Their stores’ layout means customers often spend two hours in the store – for longer than in rival furniture retailers.
IKEA’s philosophy goes back to the original business, started in the 1950s in Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad. He built a showroom on the outskirts of Stockholm where land was cheap and simply displayed suppliers’ furniture as it would be in a domestic setting.
Increasing sales soon allowed IKEA to start ordering its self-designed products from local manufacturers. But it was innovation in its operations that
dramatically reduced its selling costs.
These included the idea of selling furniture as self-assembly flat packs, which reduced production and transport costs, and its ‘showroom-warehouse’ concept, which required customers to pick the furniture up themselves from the warehouse. Both of these operating principles are still the basis of IKEA’s retail operations process today.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for professional case study writing help for your Production and Operations Management Case Study? Then, Malaysia assignment help have a huge team of professional writers. Who are talented and knowledgeable to develop a unique case study at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Strategy implementation occurs when a firm adopts organisational policies and practices that are consistent with its strategy: Strategic Management Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- CBMS4303: Organizational integration happens when a company’s internal and external factors successfully mesh: Management Information System Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- If you had to advise an entrepreneur who is considering entering this country to sell his product, what would you say about strategic issues: Entrepreneurship Essay, MSU, Malaysia
- Discuss the suitable research design and method that could be used to collect data for the study, then, explain THREE (3)advantages of the chosen method: Marketing Essay, UTM, Malaysia
- EEPB353: Refer to the simplified Power System Network of a transmission system network Recently, The government’s economic planning: Power System Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- What is the Factory and Machine Act 1967? Why was the promulgation of this Act necessary? Who is the enforcement authority: Legislation Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Huraikan isu-isu dalam pendidikan dan tunjukkan jurang literatur yang dikemukakan: Research Methods in Education Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- To examine the relationship between Services Quality and customer satisfaction in the Johor Bharu property industry: Business Research Thesis, SUT, Malaysia
- The mean daily milk production of a herd of goats has a normal distribution with a mean of 70kg and a standard deviation of 13kg What is the probability that: Statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- The entire organization or One unit of the organization or One major long-term financial and strategic investment: Managerial Finance Course Work, MUS, Malaysia