Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Production and Operations Management|
Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever. With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop their special way of selling furniture. Their stores’ layout means customers often spend two hours in the store – for longer than in rival furniture retailers.
IKEA’s philosophy goes back to the original business, started in the 1950s in Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad. He built a showroom on the outskirts of Stockholm where land was cheap and simply displayed suppliers’ furniture as it would be in a domestic setting.
Increasing sales soon allowed IKEA to start ordering its self-designed products from local manufacturers. But it was innovation in its operations that
dramatically reduced its selling costs.
These included the idea of selling furniture as self-assembly flat packs, which reduced production and transport costs, and its ‘showroom-warehouse’ concept, which required customers to pick the furniture up themselves from the warehouse. Both of these operating principles are still the basis of IKEA’s retail operations process today.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for professional case study writing help for your Production and Operations Management Case Study? Then, Malaysia assignment help have a huge team of professional writers. Who are talented and knowledgeable to develop a unique case study at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- ECO2103: The global spread of covid-19 impacts all the industries throughout the world: Principles of microeconomics Essay, IIU, Malaysia
- EEE40002: Ability to evaluate the CMOS transistor characteristics and Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge: Integrated Circuit Design Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- The main objective of the Assessment is to allow the students to have further understanding of computer Operating Systems: Computer and Operating Systems Assignment, PSB Academy, Malaysia
- MBSA1623: Choose one of the topics in Talent Management in a chosen industry and Identify the key problem in the topic: Leading talent in organization Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- BBM103/03: You have been asked to form a task force to deal with an issue at your workplace: Principles and Practice of Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BGN352: English Law plays an important part in the Malaysian legal system and Explain the application of English Law as a source: Building Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- The law on adverse possession has always been depicted as a scandalous interference with the rights of legitimate property owners: Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Coursework, UCISS, Malaysia
- UBTE2013: The Students are Required to Choose one Successful BUMIPUTERA Entrepreneur in Malaysia: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- KNS2163: Work to remediate failed slope along Jalan Sebauh, Bintulu is proposed and The affected slope is along a 5 km section of the road: Geotechnical Engineering Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
- MPU3313: evaluate learners’ analytical and reflective skills in addressing issues related to health and wellness promotion for individuals, families, and communities: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia