Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Production and Operations Management|
Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever. With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop their special way of selling furniture. Their stores’ layout means customers often spend two hours in the store – for longer than in rival furniture retailers.
IKEA’s philosophy goes back to the original business, started in the 1950s in Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad. He built a showroom on the outskirts of Stockholm where land was cheap and simply displayed suppliers’ furniture as it would be in a domestic setting.
Increasing sales soon allowed IKEA to start ordering its self-designed products from local manufacturers. But it was innovation in its operations that
dramatically reduced its selling costs.
These included the idea of selling furniture as self-assembly flat packs, which reduced production and transport costs, and its ‘showroom-warehouse’ concept, which required customers to pick the furniture up themselves from the warehouse. Both of these operating principles are still the basis of IKEA’s retail operations process today.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for professional case study writing help for your Production and Operations Management Case Study? Then, Malaysia assignment help have a huge team of professional writers. Who are talented and knowledgeable to develop a unique case study at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Mr. Aamir is a 45-year-old physiotherapist who has had a history of occasional stiffness and pain in the lower back region for the past 3 years: Physiotherapy Practice in Musculoskeletal Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- PL-101: By the 13th Century, a parliament was when kings met up with English barons to raise cash for fighting war: Public Law, Coursework, BAC, Malaysia
- BUS7AN: you need to explain the challenges that the leaders are facing: Contemporary Leadership Themes Assignment, WGU, malaysia
- Priya has been employed as a packer for Stevenage Packaging Company Ltd (SPC) since 1st January 2021: Employment law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Development of Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance using Fuzzy Logic in Simulated Environment: machine learning, APU, Malaysia
- Mei saw an advertisement by Amazing Tours in the newspaper: ‘Fabulous deal: Bali from RM 999 for 2: Business law Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- Law1013: Illustrate the hierarchy of the court system in Malaysia and explain the advantages of having a hierarchy of courts in Malaysia: Business and Company Law Assignment, CIC, Malaysia
- EEE4992: Develop an IOT based Smart Energy Meter Monitoring with Theft Detection with the following components: Integrated Design Project Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- To create a report and dashboard of sales analytics. Also, using the power bi technique, different customer types, product groups: Management Information Systems Report,AIMST University, Malaysia
- BBSB4103: The ideological power of the jury system should not be underestimated. It represents the ordinary person’s: Cross Cultural Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia