Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)|
|Subject||Production and Operations Management|
Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever. With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop their own special way of selling furniture. Their stores’ layout means customers often spend two hours in the store – for longer than in rival furniture retailers.
IKEA’s philosophy goes back to the original business, started in the 1950s in Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad. He built a showroom on the outskirts of Stockholm where land was cheap and simply displayed suppliers’ furniture as it would be in a domestic setting.
Increasing sales soon allowed IKEA to start ordering its own self-designed products from local manufacturers. But it was innovation in its operations that
dramatically reduced its selling costs.
These included the idea of selling furniture as self-assembly flat packs, which reduced production and transport costs, and its ‘showroom-warehouse’ concept, which required customers to pick the furniture up themselves from the warehouse. Both of these operating principles are still the basis of IKEA’s retail operations process today.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for professional case study writing help for your Production and Operations Management Case Study? Then, Malaysia assignment help have a huge team of professional writers. Who are talented and knowledgeable to develop a unique case study at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- ENT1100: Write a report in which you analyze the potential opportunities and challenges for the development: Entertainment Technology Course Work, NYCCT, Malaysia
- Tourism impacts are derived from various types of tourism development and activities The positive impacts of tourism generate many benefits: Project Management Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- This assignment seeks to enhance the students’ knowledge of the various development policies that have been formulated: Construction Economics Report, HWU, Malaysia
- EMOM5103: enable the student to demonstrate their understanding and skills in the change management plan process to resolve the issue in managing the change: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- FTA541: Carefully organize their research process, from identifying a feasible topic, developing an argument, employing a research: Academic Exercise Research Paper, UiTM, Malaysia
- GLUL2023: Mahawangsa Bhd. telah bersetuju untuk membeli tiga lot tanah dari Dato’ Abdullah Kedua dua pihak telah bersetuju untuk melaksanakan: Business Law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- KMC3264: The media industry is constantly evolving, and companies often need to be able to adapt to thrive or survive: Managing Media and Business Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- The purpose of this chapter is to briefly explain the overall research topic by dividing them into sections of research background: Social Media Influencers Roles in Influencing Research Paper, UPM, Malaysia
- The Grid System is required to be operated by the GSO to account for such factors as planned and unplanned outages on the Grid System: Engineering Essay, MUM, Malaysia