HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology|
- Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet”.
- Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai.
- To answer this part, you need to identify and describe twenty-five instances where the readers pronounce words or phrases differently.
- Your task is to find differences in the speech used by the two readers in their readings of the poem.
- To complete this task, you need to do the following:
i) Find twenty-five instances in which the readers pronounce words differently.
ii) One sample answer is given below.
- Support your findings using IPA transcriptions of the sounds to which you refer. You are advised to use the online phonetic transcriber, the online IPA symbols writer, and the IPA phonetic symbols reference site to make your work easier and more accurate. This will be graded on the basis of the following:
- Consistent use of the IPA alphabet.
- Correct transcription of the words and phrases selected.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Avail of the highest quality coursework writing help on HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology. our talented coursework writers are capable to write flawless solutions on almost subject such as finance, accounting, engineering assignment, and many more at a friendly price.
Recent Solved Questions
- LAW 3711: Mee Lan left RM 3000 for the maintenance of aged and poor people at Gunung Ledang: Equity & Trusts II Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF POVERTY Identify and describe comprehensively the impacts of poverty on the chosen country in Part I: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- PGBM156: Critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations operating in an industry: Strategic Management in an International Context Case Study, UOS, Malaysia
- It should be read in conjunction with the material available on CANVAS: Accounting and Business Finance Dissertation, HWU, Malaysia
- Fast Energy Generation Prediction Using Automated Solar PV System Design Optimization: Dissertation, Malaysia
- The visitor’s walk is along a straight line parallel to the wall. The viewer is looking both at the wall and forward: Computer Graphic Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- To develop knowledge of the important labor supply and demand concepts and demonstrate this knowledge in the assignment: workforce planning Report, OUM, Malaysia
- Love it or hate it, IKEA is the most successful furniture retailer ever With 276 stores in 36 countries, they have managed to develop: Production and Operations Management Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
- This assignment gives you an opportunity to learn about Information Technology and investigate a topic that interests you: Information Systems & Technology Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- KMC3264: The media industry is constantly evolving, and companies often need to be able to adapt to thrive or survive: Managing Media and Business Assignment, SUT, Malaysia