HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology|
- Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet”.
- Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai.
- To answer this part, you need to identify and describe twenty-five instances where the readers pronounce words or phrases differently.
- Your task is to find differences in the speech used by the two readers in their readings of the poem.
- To complete this task, you need to do the following:
i) Find twenty-five instances in which the readers pronounce words differently.
ii) One sample answer is given below.
- Support your findings using IPA transcriptions of the sounds to which you refer. You are advised to use the online phonetic transcriber, the online IPA symbols writer, and the IPA phonetic symbols reference site to make your work easier and more accurate. This will be graded based on the following:
- Consistent use of the IPA alphabet.
- Correct transcription of the words and phrases selected.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Avail of the highest quality coursework writing help on HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology. our talented coursework writers are capable to write flawless solutions on almost subject such as finance, accounting, engineering assignment, and many more at a friendly price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Implement the counter using JK flip-flop, and assume that any unused states can be considered ‘don’t care states: Digital Electronics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BBPP1103 Select any ONE organization in Malaysia that you are familiar with or have access to information: Principle in management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BPMG3033: What type of transportation mode should be used by ORKID to manage the distribution of their products to the customers: Urban and rural transport management Case Study, UUM, Malaysia
- MGT506: Venus Tyres is a major regional player in the motorcycle industry with operations in five countries in South East Asia: Leadership & Organizational Behavior Assignment, NUN, Malaysia
- WUC203/03: What are the two advantages and two disadvantages of food delivery service: Writing Skills for University Studies Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Beantown Bikes is satisfied with the quotation and agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale: Enterprise Resource Planning Course Work, MMU, Malaysia
- LAW416: Lena a housewife, visits Tenggara Bhd, a company that sells various kinds of electrical goods for household purposes: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- TBE103/03: Green and sustainable development is globally promoted, and “Go Green” initiatives are also widely being encouraged in the country: Environmental Science and Design Report, WOU, Malaysia
- Writers create rules that supposedly apply to all human communication, but these rules are often proven to be not: General Linguistics Essay, AeU, Malaysia
- If you are required to travel for business purposes on the scheduled presentation, you are responsible: Entrepreneur new Business Plan Essay, IUMW, Malaysia