HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology|
- Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet”.
- Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai.
- To answer this part, you need to identify and describe twenty-five instances where the readers pronounce words or phrases differently.
- Your task is to find differences in the speech used by the two readers in their readings of the poem.
- To complete this task, you need to do the following:
i) Find twenty-five instances in which the readers pronounce words differently.
ii) One sample answer is given below.
- Support your findings using IPA transcriptions of the sounds to which you refer. You are advised to use the online phonetic transcriber, the online IPA symbols writer, and the IPA phonetic symbols reference site to make your work easier and more accurate. This will be graded based on the following:
- Consistent use of the IPA alphabet.
- Correct transcription of the words and phrases selected.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Avail of the highest quality coursework writing help on HBET1203: English Phonetics and Phonology. our talented coursework writers are capable to write flawless solutions on almost subject such as finance, accounting, engineering assignment, and many more at a friendly price.
Recent Solved Questions
- FIN62504: For trends related to the Fintech industry, students may refer to Bloomberg Intelligence via the Bloomberg terminal: FinTech and Innovation Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: Draw a demand and supply graph for the global market for crude oil and Explain the effects of the Russian-Ukraine war on market price: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles: Strategic Management Case Study, UM, Malaysia
- MGT6208E: Rakyat Quality of Life” is the core of the New Economic Model for Malaysia, and as the Nation embarks on reaching the developed-country: STATISTICS AND DECISION ANALYSIS Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- SEM207: Student is required to collect macroeconomic data of a nation that are relevant to explaining the country’s GDP: Basic Econometrics Report, XUM, Malaysia
- Suppose that an economic crisis led to the depreciation of Wakandian dollars. Presidential candidate Reno Miller openly declared: Economic (Trade finance and foreign exchange) Report, Malaysia
- The main objective of the Assessment is to allow the students to have further understanding of computer Operating Systems: Computer and Operating Systems Assignment, PSB Academy, Malaysia
- How does entrepreneurship orientation integrated into corporations influence the organization’s performance: Strategic Entrepreneurship Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important: Introduction to Business Ethics and Values Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- FIT3155: Write a program that implements a binary heap and binary search tree data structure to manage a list of job requests in a computer repair shop: Advanced data structures and algorithms Assignment, MUM, Malaysia