D2FIN100: Suppose the stock of Host Hotels & Resorts is currently trading for $20 per share. If Host does a 3:2 stock split: Introduction to Finance Assignment, HU, Malaysia
|University||HELP University (HU)|
|Subject||D2FIN100: Introduction to Finance|
- Suppose the stock of Host Hotels & Resorts is currently trading for $20 per share.
a. If Host does a 3:2 stock split, what will its new share price be?
b. If Host does a 1:3 reverse split, what will its new share price be?
- Given the earnings per share over the period 2016 – 2021 shown in the following table, determine the annual dividend per share under each of the policies set forth in parts a and b.
a) Pay a $1.60 dividend per share and increase to $1.90 per share whenever earnings per share rise above $2.9 per share for two consecutive years. After that, the new earnings plateau is to further increase the dividend per share to $2.3 whenever earnings per share rise above $4.2 for two consecutive years.
b) Pay $1.60 per share except when earnings exceed $3.20 per share, in which case pay an extra dividend of 60% of earnings above $3.20 per share.
- The dividend payout ratio equals dividends paid divided by earnings. How would you expect this ratio to behave during a recession? What about during an economic boom?
- Canadian-based mining company Canada Gold (CG) suspended its dividend in March 2016 as a result of declining gold prices and delays in obtaining permits for its mines in Greece. Suppose you expect CG to resume paying annual dividends in two years’ time, with a dividend of $2.25 per share, growing by 5% per year. If CG’s equity cost of capital is 10%, what is the value of a share of CG today?
- Procter and Gamble (PG) Company has just paid an annual dividend of $2.50. Analysts are predicting dividends to grow by 8% per year over the next three years. After then, PG’s earnings are expected to grow 3% per year, and its dividend payout rate will remain constant. If PG’s equity cost of capital is 8.5% per year, what price does the dividend discount model predict PG stock should sell for today?
- What is the cost of capital? What role does the cost of capital play in the firm’s long-term investment decisions? How does it relate to the firm’s ability to maximize shareholder wealth?
- Do the net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) always agree with respect to accepting–reject decisions? With respect to ranking decisions? Explain.
- Robin Millar has the opportunity to invest in project A which costs $18,000 today and promises to pay annual end-of-year payments of $4,400, $5,000, $5,000, $4,000, and $3,600 over the next 5 years. Determine the payback period for project A.
International Business Machine is considering relaxing its credit standards to increase its currently sagging sales. As a result of the proposed relaxation, sales are expected to increase by 10% from 10,000 to 11,000 units during the coming year, the average collection period is expected to increase from 45 to 60 days, and bad debts are expected to increase from 1% to 3% of sales. The sale price per unit is $40, and the variable cost per unit is $31. The firm’s required return on equal-risk investments is 25%. Evaluate the proposed relaxation, and make a recommendation to the firm.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Recent Solved Questions
- Estimate The Break-Even Point (BEP) for your company’s product What pricing implications does your BEP present for achieving a short- or long-term ROI: Supply Chain Management Case Study, OUM, Malaysia
- System Auto is a premier enterprise software company offering multiple products at scale both in the enterprise arena: Diploma in Network Technology Assignment, UCISS, Malaysia
- Write 2 Summaries and Evaluations of 2 different research articles based on any topics that students choose related to Evaluation: English Essay, UM, Malaysia
- For each of the following scenarios, use a supply and demand diagram to illustrate the effect of the given shock on the equilibrium price: Microeconomics Assignment, UNMC, Malaysia
- When Google decided to “build a better boss”, it studied data from performance reviews, feedback surveys and also supporting documents: Management Function and Managerial Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Explain in your own words, the role that an Advocate & Solicitor has in the resolution of a dispute: Ethics Essay, UTHM, Malaysia
- BUSM50003: Explain your research philosophy and methodologies and In particular, comment on the research design: Big Data Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- 3343/03: There are a number of ways for children to be socialised in order to become fully functioning: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- This assignment aims to demonstrate your knowledge and competency in planning, designing, preparing, administering, and appraising: Educational Assessment Malaysia
- MGF5020: Explanation of4 elements of CSR dimensions with supporting evidence from the annual report: Business ethics in a global environment Report, MUM, Malaysia