BBQT1013: Misuse and abuse of trade discounts infringe on fair trade laws and can cost companies stiff fines and legal fees: Business Mathematics Assignment, CUM, Malaysia
|University||City University Malaysia (CUM)|
|Subject||BBQT1013: Business Mathematics|
Assignment Brief and Guidance:
Misuse and abuse of trade discounts infringe on fair trade laws and can cost companies stiff fines and legal fees. One way to avoid misuse is to establish the same discount for everyone and give rebates based solely on volume.
Green Manufacturing, Inc., uses this policy for equipment sales to companies that develop photographs. For example, one developing machine component, a special hinge, sells for $3.10 and is discounted to $3 with the purchase of 15,000 pieces per month.
In an effort to run more cost-efficient large jobs and capture market share, Green Manufacturing will give an incentive for higher volume. It offers a 5% rebate on orders of 20,000 pieces per month, or a 20 cents a piece rebate for orders of at least 22,000 pieces per month. The increased volume needed for a rebate is determined by market research that tells Green Manufacturing factors such as the volume a customer is capable of ordering per month, and the volume and cost of the same part a customer currently buys from other suppliers. The rebate amount is determined by Green Manufacturing’s profit margin and the company’s ability to acquire sufficient raw materials to produce larger volumes without raising production costs. In some industries, this is called a bill-back because the buyer receives credit toward the next order rather than a rebate check.
However, Green manufacturing, Inc. uses a machine to produce the hinge and since the discounts are implemented, the order increased dramatically. Green Manufacturing, Inc. is planning for a second machine to overcome scarce resources on production capacity. The machines cost $225,000 and can be used for 8 years. Meanwhile, the supplier also offers lease service on a 30% cost increment for lease price and repayable for 8 years with an interest rate
of 10%. Upon acquisition, the old machine can be trade-in for $5,000.
1. Explain the following and provide an appropriate example:
B. Discount and rebate
C. Single and multiple discounts
D. Cost and profit
F. Interest rate
G. Time value
H. Different investments
2. Calculate, and round to the nearest hundredth, the revenue, discount amount, and rate assuming if the purchase is:
A. 16,000 pieces
B. 20,500 pieces
C. 24,000 pieces
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get MBA Assignment Help on BBQT1013: Business Mathematics by Malaysia Assignment Help. our brilliant writers have years of experience to write step-by-step error-free and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on ENT 300 Fundamentals Of Entrepreneurship UITM Assignment, MGT555 Business Analytics Assignment, and BUSN6120 Managerial Economics Assignment at market price.
Recent Solved Questions
- The newly graduated nurses will start their career in the hospital setting either in the government or private sector: Vitals role of nurse manager in Precepting Assignment, BCU, Malaysia
- Lim agreed to sell to Ricky his house “Awesome Villa” on Tioman Island at the prevailing market value. Before the contract was signed: Business Law Course Work, TU, Malaysia
- DPA40113: Display whether the company should buy or continue to manufacture the components: COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING 2 Assignment, PM, Malaysia
- USPP3014: F. H. Bradley philosophizes that metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe upon instinct: Metaphysics Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: Draw a demand and supply graph for the global market for crude oil and Explain the effects of the Russian-Ukraine war on market price: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BBM 208/05: Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders He has also criticized the response to the pandemic: Business Ethics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: You are a government economist analyzing the market for iPhones Consider the following events below: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Jelaskan konsep etika dan peradaban yang diamalkan dalam konteks Malaysia sebagai pelajar bagaimanakah anda mengaplikasikanya: Nueral Crest Cells Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- As Head of Compliance at FirmCorp Sdn Bhd, an organisation regulated in Malaysia: Top 5 Compliance Issues in the Organisation Assignment, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: Workforce concerns have been a hot topic of discussion in Malaysia’s many industries: Organisational Behaviour Report, OUM, Malaysia