At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward not necessarily easy: Managing Organizational Health Essay, UWS, Malaysia
|University||University of the West of Scotland (UWS)|
|Subject||Managing Organizational Health|
At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward −not necessarily easy to do −but a logical process that is easy to define and understand. On deeper inspection that is not the case. Performance management and measurement are complex, reaching every level of the business from the development of a strategy to the management of individual employees.
The performance management process often raises fundamental questions about the purpose and direction of the business, questions senior managers do not always want to ask. It brings to the fore many grey areas and problems for which there are no easy answers but which may have been lying, untouchable, within the organization, and causing trouble for years. It involves a wide range of activities and skills from strategic thinking to detailed analysis and from facilitating discussions to gaining commitment to actions and just making sure things are happening. It is ultimately about getting the right things done.
Many businesses fall into the trap of treating their performance management process almost as a ‘tick box’ exercise, something that can support and run alongside the implementation of their strategy. In fact, if it is to be successful, it needs to be an intrinsic part of strategy formulation as well as be integrated into everyday business. It should involve a broad range of people with different skills and it should touch every employee.
However, too many businesses waste substantial amounts of money, time, and employees’ goodwill on half-hearted processes that do not work or cause more trouble because they lead the business in the wrong direction. Businesses that invest time and effort in getting their systems right can gain a considerable competitive advantage.
Although there are some golden rules, there is no single ‘correct way’ to manage and measure performance. You may already have processes and systems set up−most organizations to have. The book is designed so you can dip into selected chapters and take from them what you feel is appropriate. In the interest of making the book readable, references have not been used in the body of the text in the academic tradition. Clearly, all the ideas are not our own so we have included at the end of each chapter a set of further readings that capture both the original source of the ideas and more detail for people who want to investigate a particular subject further.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is revolutionizing the university assignment writing landscape. With their hand-picked university assignment writers and user-friendly platform, they are the perfect partner for students seeking out assignment help Malaysia. Their assignment writers can provide students with the guidance and experience needed to craft high-quality written assignments that students can trust.
Recent Solved Questions
- The Family Education Workshop is an event aimed at fostering the bond between parents and their children: Family and Community in Early Childhood Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- F79MA: You are a statistical trainee actuary working for an insurance comparison website and insurance broker: Statistical Model Course Work, HWU, Malaysia
- ACC30305: Mr Peter, a sole trader, started his frozen food business on 1st January 2021 under the name of Peter Frozen Enterprise: Principles of Accounting Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- This assignment gives you an opportunity to learn about Information Technology and investigate a topic that interests you: Information Systems & Technology Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Identify one business organization- IJM Corporation Berhad. Use SWOT analysis to identify which leadership: Business Strategy and Leadership Essay, HWU, Malaysia
- ACC116: Earmax Bhd. is a company that involves in the business of manufacturing speakers for a home theatre company: Introduction to Cost Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- You are expected to read beyond textbooks and able to apply the knowledge gain from real life examples either from your working environment: Portfolio and Risk Management Report, APU, Malaysia
- MPU3223/03: What are the challenges that you face when making decisions at the workplace: Decision Making Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- In order to test the proportion of smokers who agree with the prohibition of smoking in public buildings, a researcher takes: Statistics and Probability Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- Discuss an issue/ problem/ process improvement that occurs in the current construction project: Project Cost Auditing Assignment, UITM, Malaysia