In October 2020, Smart Co signed an agreement with Clear Inc. to divest the server memory business, including the memory fabrication facility: Accounting Case Study, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
In October 2020, Smart Co signed an agreement with Clear Inc. to divest the server memory business, including the memory fabrication facility and certain related equipment and tangible assets, memory technology, and wafer manufacturing business for cash consideration of $9B. The transaction is to be consummated over two closings at different dates to comply with certain restrictions with M Tech where the IP was co-developed between Smart Co and M Tech under a previous joint venture.
An asset sale will occur upon satisfaction of all applicable closing conditions, including customary regulatory approvals, but no earlier than Q3 2021. Smart Co will transfer the first segment for cash consideration of $7B.
Smart Co will transfer the remaining equity and receive the remaining cash consideration of $2B which is not contingent upon any performance obligation or regulatory approval and the transfer of the Les in 2025 is for a fixed and determinable price. In the event that Clear Inc abandons the second closing, it is subject to a $1b penalty.
In Q3 2021, Smart Co sold to Clear Inc the Fab Assets and transferred certain employees, co-developed IP, and other assets related to the Business to a separately created wholly owned subsidiary of Smart (China Co) except the IP. The equity interest of the Business will transfer to Clear at the second closing. In connection with the first closing, Smart and certain affiliates of Clear also entered into a wafer manufacturing and sale agreement (MSA), pursuant to which Smart will manufacture and sell to Clear the memory wafers to be manufactured using the Fab Assets in China until the second closing.
Smart have concluded based on the terms of the transaction agreements that the subsidiary will be variable interest entities for which Smart are not the primary beneficiary because the governance structure of these entities does not allow us to direct the activities that would most significantly impact their economic performance.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling with your report writing in Malaysia? Dont worry, Malaysia Assignment Help is here to save the day! Our experienced writers provide you with the highest quality of report writing help and assist you in meeting those tough deadlines. Also, you’ll have reliable, professional assignment help at any time of the day or night, enabling you to focus on other aspects of your work while we take care of the difficult writing task.
Recent Solved Questions
- Alexander the Great’s conquest of much of the Western world in the 4th century BC gave Hellenistic travelers: English Language Proficiency Essay, UOM, UK
- PSY1044: Explain the physical, cognitive, and socioemotional changes that occur throughout childhood: Lifespan Development Report, SU, Malaysia
- Explain whether a third party is required to have constructive notice of the contents or requirements of a company’s: Corporate Law Assignment, VUC, Malaysia
- Coway has been committed to the Malaysian market for over 15 years. According to GfK 2020 brand health survey: Marketing Innovations Report, APU, Malaysia
- ESE633: An English test was administered to two classes of secondary school students. Explain the distribution: Statistics of Education Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- CCS21403: Write a program to execute multiple tasks concurrently and with some elements of thread control using the available methods: Real-Time System Assignment, MTU, Malaysia
- Describe the breaches of US sanctions committed by ABC in respect of the three (3) sanctioned countries: Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism Practices Assignment, ICTA, Malaysia
- Find recent cases of successful text mining and Web mining applications. Visit the websites of some text: Business Intelligence and Analytics Systems Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- The future of talent management Changing the way you attract, acquire, develop and retain talents: Strategic Talent Management, Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Write a menu-based program to create a list of records (at least 3 data) using the queue concept: Algorithm and Data Structure Assignment, MUM, Malaysia