BSR100 Building Construction I UITM Assignment Sample Malaysia
BSR100 Building Construction I course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of building construction. It covers topics such as basic materials, tools and techniques needed in the field, legal requirements for construction, and safety protocols. Students learn to read blueprints and plan a project from start to finish. They will also explore various methods of constructing walls, roofs, foundations, and other elements of a structure.
The course also introduces concepts related to sustainable buildings and green construction technologies. After completing this course, students will be able to understand the basics of building construction and have a better understanding of how it affects their lives. They will also have the knowledge and skills necessary to embark on a career in the field.
Buy Non Plagiarized & Properly Structured Assignment Solution
Get assignment samples for BSR100 Building Construction I course
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is an online writing service that provides assignment samples for BSR100 Building Construction I course. Our writers have immense experience in this area and can provide you with the best possible solutions to your assignments. We guarantee a 100% plagiarism-free content, timely delivery, and round the clock customer support.
In this section, we will discuss some assignment activities. These are:
Assignment Activity 1: Explain the basic process in construction industry and parties involved which is related to Building Surveying’s scope of work.
The construction process in the building industry involves a series of stages that include designing, planning, procurement, construction, and post-construction. Building Surveying is a discipline within the construction industry that covers a range of services relating to the assessment and management of buildings and construction projects. Building Surveyors are typically involved in the early stages of the construction process, but their involvement may continue throughout the entire project.
The following are the basic stages of the construction process and the parties involved that are related to Building Surveying’s scope of work:
- Design stage: This stage involves the preparation of plans, specifications, and other documents necessary for the construction of the building. Building Surveyors may be involved in reviewing the design to ensure that it complies with building regulations and standards.
- Planning stage: This stage involves obtaining necessary planning permission and other approvals required for the construction project. Building Surveyors may be involved in preparing and submitting planning applications and providing advice on planning requirements.
- Procurement stage: This stage involves the selection of contractors and suppliers to carry out the construction work. Building Surveyors may be involved in the selection process, evaluating tenders, and advising on the suitability of contractors and suppliers.
- Construction stage: This stage involves the actual construction of the building, and Building Surveyors may be involved in monitoring the construction progress, inspecting the works to ensure they comply with building regulations and standards, and providing advice on any necessary remedial action.
- Post-construction stage: This stage involves the final inspection of the building and the preparation of the necessary documents, such as certificates of completion and compliance. Building Surveyors may be involved in preparing these documents and providing advice on any necessary post-construction works or maintenance.
Hire Writer For Custom Assignment Assistance
Assignment Activity 2: Describe the preliminaries works, classification of building, basic building structure system and substructure system based on building and construction regulations.
The preliminary works in building construction typically involve site investigation and analysis, site preparation, and obtaining necessary permits and approvals. Site investigation and analysis involve assessing the geotechnical conditions of the site, identifying any potential hazards, and evaluating the suitability of the site for the intended use. Site preparation may include clearing the site, grading the land, and installing utilities such as water, sewer, and electrical connections. Obtaining necessary permits and approvals involve complying with local zoning regulations, building codes, and environmental regulations.
Buildings are generally classified based on their use or occupancy. For example, residential buildings are designed for living purposes, commercial buildings are designed for business or commercial activities, and industrial buildings are designed for manufacturing or industrial processes. The classification of a building is important because it determines the applicable building codes, fire safety requirements, and other regulations that must be followed during construction.
The basic building structure system typically consists of the foundation, columns, beams, and roof. The foundation is the base of the building and is designed to transfer the weight of the building to the ground. Columns and beams are structural members that support the floors and roof of the building. The roof system includes roof framing and roof covering, which protect the building from the elements.
The substructure system is the portion of the building that is below ground level and includes elements such as the basement walls, footings, and retaining walls. These elements provide structural support and stability for the building and are designed to resist lateral and vertical loads.
Building and construction regulations vary by location, but they typically include requirements for structural design, fire safety, accessibility, and energy efficiency. Compliance with these regulations is important to ensure the safety and durability of the building and to avoid potential legal issues in the future.
Assignment Activity 3: Discuss in report writing the function,types, methods and factors to be considered in preliminary and substructure works.
REPORT ON PRELIMINARY AND SUBSTRUCTURE WORKS
Preliminary and substructure works refer to the initial stages of any construction project that involves site preparation, excavation, foundation construction, and other related activities. The main aim of these works is to ensure the stability and safety of the building structure. This report aims to discuss the function, types, methods, and factors to consider in preliminary and substructure works.
Function of Preliminary and Substructure Works:
The primary function of preliminary and substructure works is to provide a stable and safe foundation for the building. These works are critical for ensuring that the building structure is adequately supported, can withstand the weight of the building, and can resist external forces such as wind and earthquakes.
Types of Preliminary and Substructure Works:
There are several types of preliminary and substructure works that may be required for a construction project, including:
- Site Investigation: This involves assessing the condition of the site, including the soil, water table, and geological conditions.
- Site Clearance: This involves clearing the site of any obstructions, such as trees, debris, or existing structures.
- Excavation: This involves digging and removing soil to create a foundation for the building.
- Piling: This involves driving piles into the ground to provide support for the foundation.
- Foundation Construction: This involves constructing the foundation for the building, which may include footings, walls, or slabs.
Methods of Preliminary and Substructure Works:
The methods used for preliminary and substructure works will depend on the specific requirements of the construction project. However, some common methods include:
- Manual excavation using hand tools such as shovels and picks.
- Mechanical excavation using machineries such as excavators and bulldozers.
- Piling using pile driving equipment.
- Concrete pouring using a concrete pump or mixer.
Factors to Consider in Preliminary and Substructure Works:
Several factors must be considered when planning and executing preliminary and substructure works, including:
- Soil Condition: The soil condition is a critical factor that determines the type of foundation required. A thorough site investigation should be carried out to determine the soil’s load-bearing capacity, water table, and other relevant factors.
- Building Design: The design of the building will also determine the type of foundation required. The size, weight, and height of the building are factors that need to be considered.
- Environmental Factors: Environmental factors such as wind, earthquakes, and flooding must be considered when designing the building’s foundation.
- Safety: Safety is paramount in any construction project. All works should be carried out in compliance with health and safety regulations.
Pay & Get Instant Solution Of Assignmets and Essays By Malaysian Writers
Experience the highest quality BSR100 BUILDING CONSTRUCTION I assignments at competitive prices when you hire us today.
The assignment sample discussed above is based on BSR100 BUILDING CONSTRUCTION I. This is just an example of the type of assignments we are capable of providing. Our team of assignment help experts is highly skilled and experienced in this field, ensuring that all assignments produced are both accurate and up to date.
In addition, our team can provide you with engineering assignment help for a wide range of topics and subjects. Whether you need help understanding the basics of building construction or need detailed guidance involving complex theories, we can provide it all. From research papers to case studies, we always ensure that all assignments provided are original and free from plagiarism. To make your experience with us even more enjoyable, we also provide a thesis writing service. We understand how important it is to get a good grade on your thesis and that’s why our team of experts is here to help. We will create an original and well-researched paper for you that is sure to be up to par with your professor’s expectations.
So why wait? Get the best quality assignments done quickly and easily when you pay someone to do assignment with us. Our team of professionals is here to help make your academic life easier. Contact us today and start experiencing the highest quality BSR100 assignments at competitive prices!