Your report is to be presented at a meeting of the Trust’s legal department as soon as it is complete: (a) Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life: Medical Law Report UCISS, Malaysia
|University||UCISS Malaysia (UCISS)|
Your report is to be presented at a meeting of the Trust’s legal department as soon as it is complete:
(a) Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor because she was complaining of severe abdominal pain and was losing weight. After preliminary investigations and a referral to see a consultant, the doctors believe she may have cancer of the uterus and they recommend exploratory surgery. Penelope denies that she has cancer and refuses surgery saying that the doctors ‘just want to use her for their experiments.’ The medical team wish to know whether they need a court order before they can operate. They also anticipate that she will physically resist treatment and want to know if a sedative can lawfully be administered to her at home so that she can be brought to hospital without a struggle.
b) Spencer, a competitive street dancer, developed sciatica, which involves compression of a spinal nerve causing pain and which affected his ability to walk. Spencer’s General Practitioner (GP) referred him to Mr Alvez, a neurosurgeon who works for the local NHS Trust. Mr Alvez recommended surgery. Mr Alvez says that, when he first met Spencer for a consultation, he asked Spencer whether he had any questions about the operation, and Spencer said ‘No, I don’t think so. I’ve already checked it out on the internet’. Despite the operation being performed by Mr Alvez with reasonable care, Spencer suffered damage to a nerve in his leg that has resulted in on-going pain and significantly reduced ability to walk unaided. The risk of this type of nerve damage occurs in around 2 per cent of cases. Spencer wishes to sue Mr Alvez and says that, had he known about this risk of permanent damage to a nerve in his leg, he thinks he would not have consented to the operation and would have persisted with physiotherapy and other non-surgical treatments for longer. Mr Alvez says that he assumed that Spencer was aware of the various treatment options and their respective risks.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Avail high-quality report writing help for Medical Law by the experts of Malaysia Assignment help our capable report writers can produce the detailed report on law assignments. you can also check BCM563 Construction Law Assignment Sample, LAW299 Business Law Assignment Sample, LAW346 Introduction To Partnership And Company Law Assignment Example, and LAW570 Law Relating To Health Care UiTM Assignment Example for expert guidance.
Recent Solved Questions
- Discuss the suitable research design and method that could be used to collect data for the study, then, explain THREE (3)advantages of the chosen method: Marketing Essay, UTM, Malaysia
- During the classroom presentation, you were introduced to a number of examples of businesses ideas: Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Evaluate the three mutual funds using Sharpe and Treynor measure and Given the risk-free rate is 5%: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- ACC4264: Describe the importance of having a Performance Measurement System and critically discuss several types: Advanced Management Accounting Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- M-Storm Electrical Trading started its business on 1 January 2022 The following transactions took place in the first month of its operation: Accounting Homework, UM, Malaysia
- Identify suitable mathematical models based on different types of problems that exist related to appropriate approaches: Operational Research Research Paper, TUE, Malaysia
- BLO3405: Adrian is a chef from New Zealand and has recently moved to Melbourne He is keen to open up a Café in St Kilda: Law Of Financial Institutions Assignment, VU, Malaysia
- Write a Critical Response Reviewing the Research Discussed in the Article and Relate it’s Implications to the Early Literacy in Children: English Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- Prepare a detailed report in terms of identifying the current innovation challenges of the organization: Management & Innovation Report, HWU, Malaysia
- Kirakan nisbah kewangan bagi Asyeek Berhad bagi tahun 2015 berserta komen, prestasi syarikat berbanding purata industri: Financial Management Assignment, KYPJ, Malaysia