With climate change, water scarcity will likely be amplified due to drought and wildfire coupled with increasing demand: Energy Economics Report, SU, Malaysia
|University||Sunway University (SU)|
With climate change, water scarcity will likely be amplified due to drought and wildfire coupled with increasing demand from the growing population and less available fresh water due to pollution contamination. For the agricultural sector, the deployment of an efficient irrigation system is paramount to prevent adverse effects on crop growth and production as a result of a lack of freshwater supply.
Most water pumps utilized for irrigation purposes are powered by engines running on fossil fuels (diesel, petrol, gas) or on electricity supplied from the grid (and thus produced by fossil fuel-based generators). Fossil energy sources are limited in availability and the emissions from their utilization have severe impacts on the global climate. At the same time, grid-based electricity supply tends to be insufficient and unreliable in developing countries, if not largely absent in rural areas.
A plantation company that you are working for, is planning to deploy a new irrigation system for its paddy and maize fields located in a remote area. As the company is environmentally conscious and is fully committed to achieving its net zero targets, a SolarPowered Irrigation System (SPIS) has been considered as an alternative to the DieselPowered Irrigation System (DPIS). The company has appointed you as the project manager and one of the tasks that you have been assigned to is to conduct an economic analysis for the new irrigation system based on the aforementioned alternatives.
You are required to produce a report and make a presentation on the analysis findings to the top management of the company. In order to complete the task, the following three parts must be satisfactorily addressed: (1) selection between alternatives (SPIS vs DPIS) (2) impact of green incentive (3) replacement analysis.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for reliable Malaysian assignment experts to help you with your energy economics report? Malaysia Assignment Help is your go-to report-writing service. Our team of experienced writers at Sunway University (SU) specializes in energy economics and can provide you with a unique and well-researched report tailored to your requirements.
Recent Solved Questions
- BDAU2103: How do law and rule differ? Explain using relevant examples. What is the relationship between law and justice: Elements of Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- The IT department is significant in maintaining communications networks for small and large businesses: MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- You are required to analyze the growth of per capita income in Malaysia as per the graph below and the economic policies: Malaysian Economy Report, USM, Malaysia
- Multinational corporations are increasing major risks multinational corporations face opportunities but pose: Issues In Global Business Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- ELC501: Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Target Market Who are Starbucks Malaysia’s target customers and Describe the types of products from Starbucks Malaysia: Bachelor of Marketing with Honours Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BUS706: You are a senior manager in a business unit of a medium-sized enterprise, with functional management and organizational leadership responsibilities: Finance for Managers Assignment, LIBT, Malaysia
- CBCT2203: Hari ini, pembangunan dan kecanggihan Maklumat dan Teknologi (IT) dilihat sebagai fenomena penting yang memberi: Basic Concepts of Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBF3084: To analyze the impacts of COVID- 19 pandemic on the company of your choice generally. To evaluate the industry’s attractiveness of the company: Global Finance Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- CL101: Mr. M aged 65, with colon cancer, had a colectomy surgery. An Assessment finding shows he appears depressed: Criminal Law Course Work, BAC, Malaysia