Today a 25-year-old male presented to the pharmacy and expressed concern to the pharmacist about the frequency: Pharmacology Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)|
Today a 25-year-old male presented to the pharmacy and expressed concern to the pharmacist about the frequency of one of his medication prescriptions. He has recently been prescribed the antibiotic amoxicillin for an upper respiratory tract infection.
The antibiotic needs to be taken daily 3 times per day, and he is having trouble remembering to take it. He asks the pharmacist why the antibiotic must be taken multiple times per day. Based on the pharmacokinetics parameters of amoxicillin, what factor would be the most involved in the frequency of dosing?
A 3-year-old child is brought to the hospital with a complaint of fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, and chest pain. On examination, he is found to be dull, but irritable with a fast pulse (118/min), rapid breathing (RR 55/min), the indrawing of the lower chest during inspiration, wheezing, crepitations, and mild dehydration.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Body temperature is 40° C. The physician makes a provisional diagnosis of acute pneumonia and orders relevant hematological as well as bacteriological investigations. He decides to introduce antibiotic therapy.
a) In case he selects an antibiotic that can be given orally as well as by i.m or i.v injection, which route of administration will be most appropriate in this case?
b) Should the pediatrician administer the antibiotic straight away or should he wait for the laboratory reports?
What type of oral dosage form generally yields the greatest amount of systemically available drug in the least amount of time? Why?
What effect does the oral administration of atropine sulfate have on the bioavailability of aspirin from an enteric-coated tablet?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you need help with assignments, Malaysia Assignment Help has highly qualified writers who specialize in all types of assignments. They are experienced and well-versed in the Malaysian academic system so their work is always up to the mark. We also offer homework help services for those who need help in completing their assignments on time.
Recent Solved Questions
- MGT7101: A brief introduction of the organization, with a general discussion on its service offering and industry: Managing Operations of Business Assignment, PBS, Malaysia
- GSGM 7334 You are required to critically analyze the project’s key objectives, deliverables, and constraints: project management Course Work, CU, Malaysia
- NEUC Investment Berhad is to review two new proposals for spending money on specific projects. Since this is your first: Financial Management Report, MMU, Malaysia
- You are required to design and apply an IP addressing scheme for the topology shown for the Aman Resort network: Networks and Networking Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- The utilization of fossil fuels has stimulated economic perception and environmental considerations including energy crisis: Inorganic Chemistry Research Paper, UPM, Malaysia
- Evaluate the minimum fresh usage and minimum terminal losses of identified compound by using the mass integration approach: ENERGY OPTIMISATION AND ECONOMICS Report, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: The objectives of the assignment are to expose learners to critical thinking, decision-making skills and enhance the learners: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- Develop a Secure Cloud Storage that can encrypt and decrypt the files using AES and RSA cryptography: Cyber Security Final Year Project Malaysia
- Apply the concepts of democracy that have been discussed in class to reflect on a case study of a particular: Democracy and Society Essay, UKM, Malaysia
- Delta tech Digital Solutions is an IT company, which is supplying all IT-related hardware equipment and networking services: Digital Image Production Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia