Today a 25-year-old male presented to the pharmacy and expressed concern to the pharmacist about the frequency: Pharmacology Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)|
Today a 25-year-old male presented to the pharmacy and expressed concern to the pharmacist about the frequency of one of his medication prescriptions. He has recently been prescribed the antibiotic amoxicillin for an upper respiratory tract infection.
The antibiotic needs to be taken daily 3 times per day, and he is having trouble remembering to take it. He asks the pharmacist why the antibiotic must be taken multiple times per day. Based on the pharmacokinetics parameters of amoxicillin, what factor would be the most involved in the frequency of dosing?
A 3-year-old child is brought to the hospital with a complaint of fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, and chest pain. On examination, he is found to be dull, but irritable with a fast pulse (118/min), rapid breathing (RR 55/min), the indrawing of the lower chest during inspiration, wheezing, crepitations, and mild dehydration.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Body temperature is 40° C. The physician makes a provisional diagnosis of acute pneumonia and orders relevant hematological as well as bacteriological investigations. He decides to introduce antibiotic therapy.
a) In case he selects an antibiotic that can be given orally as well as by i.m or i.v injection, which route of administration will be most appropriate in this case?
b) Should the pediatrician administer the antibiotic straight away or should he wait for the laboratory reports?
What type of oral dosage form generally yields the greatest amount of systemically available drug in the least amount of time? Why?
What effect does the oral administration of atropine sulfate have on the bioavailability of aspirin from an enteric-coated tablet?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you need help with assignments, Malaysia Assignment Help has highly qualified writers who specialize in all types of assignments. They are experienced and well-versed in the Malaysian academic system so their work is always up to the mark. We also offer homework help services for those who need help in completing their assignments on time.
Recent Solved Questions
- With an average annual growth rate of 11.2% over the past twelve years, tourism has been integral to the economy: Fundamental of Integrated Marketing Communication Case Study, UUM, Malaysia
- BKC1253: A researcher wishes to determine the molar mass of a metal and a nonvolatile solute. For the metal determination: Physical Chemistry Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- ABC Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd. is a newly established beverage manufacturing company. Its product which is for the domestic market: Environmental Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- HMEE5013: As a graduate student, you need to be familiar with research and publication as part of the contribution to the corpus of knowledge in tertiary education: Educational Administration Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Students will assume the responsibility of a Chief Strategy Officer by selecting an organization from the public domain or choosing: Strategic Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- LC1204: Identify the non-verbal cues in a particular context/setting e.g., classroom setting or family gathering, or official event: Non-verbal Communication Assignment, UTB, Malaysia
- MBSA1623: Choose one of the topics in Talent Management in a chosen industry and Identify the key problem in the topic: Leading talent in organization Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- The Grid System is required to be operated by the GSO to account for such factors as planned and unplanned outages on the Grid System: Engineering Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- Mr. Arif received his monthly bank statement for the month ended 31 March 2022 on 15 April 2022: Accounting Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- RT Property Management Sdn. Bhd. is a property management company located in Kuala Lumpur. As a property manager: Management Science Case Study, MUM, Malaysia