To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
Examining the nexus of inflation-growth: The case of Malaysia
Low inflation and high economic growth are the two main policy objects targetted by many policymakers. However, both objectives might not achievable at once due to the adverse relationship between inflation-growth. Both theoretical debates and empirical contractory results lead to inconclussive results. In this study, we explore the topic focused in disaggregated data of Malaysia.
The main objectives include:
i. To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia
ii. To apply Markov-switching models to study the nonlinear two-way nexus of inflationgrowth under a two-regime models (high inflation versus low inflation regimes).
iii. To identify other determinants contributing to economic growth
iv. To study the behavior of growth and inflation of Malaysia
The data of CPI and GDP can be collected from the Statistics Department of Malaysia. The sectors of CPI include:
i. Total CPI
iii. Gross rent, fuel and power
iv. Transport and communications
Other main possible determinants to inflation-growth include: exchange rate, export, FDI etc.
The Markov-switching regression will be applied which consist of two types: MSAR and MSDR
The relationship to be examined:
i. CPI = F(GDP, X)
ii. GDP = F(CPI, X)
Here CPI consists of 4 series; X is other possible factors
This study has few contributions:
i. It applies the disaggregated data of CPI which is seldom found in previous studies. This enables deeper information to be revealed on the inflation-growth nexus
ii. It applies the nonlinear regression of MS models which enables results to be interpreted under high versus low regimes, the probability transition across regimes and also the expected duration in each regime.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help offers online report writing help to university students in Malaysia. our capable report writers have several years of experience to design perfect-quality reports on all most all academic subjects. our experts work round the clock to deliver Final Year Project help at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- A business plan is a written description of your business’s future. It is a document that describes: Entrepreneurship Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- The Great Wall restaurant is an extremely popular restaurant in southwest Kuala Lumpur. It is located in and is part: Organizational Behaviour Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Let X be an exponential random variable, Show that for a > 0 and b > 0: Statistics Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- FIN 302: Which economic and legal factors have been affecting your selected financial institutions? Give appropriate reasons to justify your arguments: Financial Environment Assignment, MRSB, Malaysia
- BBM203/03: David set a mathematics quiz for his students The quiz is marked out of 10 His students’ marks are summarized: Business Statistics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- FPIT1083: You, as a network engineer, have been required to design a network topology for the company: Introduction to Computer Networks Coursework, TARC, Malaysia
- We are extremely happy and proud to receive “Great Place to Work” certification: managing organisation Case Study, OUM, Malaysia
- LAW 437: Discuss critically the constitutional impact and significance of the following decided cases with special emphasis on the freedom of speech and expression: Constitutional law Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- The purpose of this assignment is to establish students’ skills in identifying issues related to public policy: Bachelor of Environmental Management Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- You are a manager in the HR department of an established multinational manufacturing company Perfect Clean Ltd: Strategic Human Resource Management Assignment, IBAS, Malaysia