To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
Examining the nexus of inflation-growth: The case of Malaysia
Low inflation and high economic growth are the two main policy objects targetted by many policymakers. However, both objectives might not achievable at once due to the adverse relationship between inflation-growth. Both theoretical debates and empirical contractory results lead to inconclussive results. In this study, we explore the topic focused in disaggregated data of Malaysia.
The main objectives include:
i. To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia
ii. To apply Markov-switching models to study the nonlinear two-way nexus of inflationgrowth under a two-regime models (high inflation versus low inflation regimes).
iii. To identify other determinants contributing to economic growth
iv. To study the behavior of growth and inflation of Malaysia
The data of CPI and GDP can be collected from the Statistics Department of Malaysia. The sectors of CPI include:
i. Total CPI
iii. Gross rent, fuel and power
iv. Transport and communications
Other main possible determinants to inflation-growth include: exchange rate, export, FDI etc.
The Markov-switching regression will be applied which consist of two types: MSAR and MSDR
The relationship to be examined:
i. CPI = F(GDP, X)
ii. GDP = F(CPI, X)
Here CPI consists of 4 series; X is other possible factors
This study has few contributions:
i. It applies the disaggregated data of CPI which is seldom found in previous studies. This enables deeper information to be revealed on the inflation-growth nexus
ii. It applies the nonlinear regression of MS models which enables results to be interpreted under high versus low regimes, the probability transition across regimes and also the expected duration in each regime.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help offers online report writing help to university students in Malaysia. our capable report writers have several years of experience to design perfect-quality reports on all most all academic subjects. our experts work round the clock to deliver Final Year Project help at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- A tool to estimate food intake – individual/group. The food Composition Table for the USA has been published in 1981: Food Science and Technology Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- AGMH2423: Program a microcontroller to perform certain tasks using suitable programming languages: Embedded Controller Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- A patient’s sister, who often collects her brother’s medicine, asks for a photocopy of his repeat prescription: Pharmacy Practice Essay, TU, Malaysia
- The management of an airport thinks that the way in which the airport is operated means that incoming flights: JAVA Programming Level 1 Assignment, UNIKL, Malaysia
- MGT7101: A brief introduction of the organization, with a general discussion on its service offering and industry: Managing Operations of Business Assignment, PBS, Malaysia
- E-Waste Management in Malaysia: Residents’ Willingness to Pay for Household E-Waste Recycling in Kuching, Sarawak: Social Science Research Paper, UMS, Malaysia
- To examine the relationship between Services Quality and customer satisfaction in the Johor Bharu property industry: Business Research Thesis, SUT, Malaysia
- Select any ONE restaurant chain in Malaysia that you are familiar with. Compare decision-making in certain conditions: Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Performance Management Practices in Malaysia Conglomerate What do you think & comment on: Performance Management Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- ACC 116: Limau Manis Sdn Bhd is a medium-sized company that manufactures a variety of pickles in the northern region of Malaysia: Introduction To Cost Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia