To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
Examining the nexus of inflation-growth: The case of Malaysia
Low inflation and high economic growth are the two main policy objects targetted by many policymakers. However, both objectives might not achievable at once due to the adverse relationship between inflation-growth. Both theoretical debates and empirical contractory results lead to inconclussive results. In this study, we explore the topic focused in disaggregated data of Malaysia.
The main objectives include:
i. To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia
ii. To apply Markov-switching models to study the nonlinear two-way nexus of inflationgrowth under a two-regime models (high inflation versus low inflation regimes).
iii. To identify other determinants contributing to economic growth
iv. To study the behavior of growth and inflation of Malaysia
The data of CPI and GDP can be collected from the Statistics Department of Malaysia. The sectors of CPI include:
i. Total CPI
iii. Gross rent, fuel and power
iv. Transport and communications
Other main possible determinants to inflation-growth include: exchange rate, export, FDI etc.
The Markov-switching regression will be applied which consist of two types: MSAR and MSDR
The relationship to be examined:
i. CPI = F(GDP, X)
ii. GDP = F(CPI, X)
Here CPI consists of 4 series; X is other possible factors
This study has few contributions:
i. It applies the disaggregated data of CPI which is seldom found in previous studies. This enables deeper information to be revealed on the inflation-growth nexus
ii. It applies the nonlinear regression of MS models which enables results to be interpreted under high versus low regimes, the probability transition across regimes and also the expected duration in each regime.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Recent Solved Questions
- BEE3143: Modeling of a transmission system network using any suitable software with at least able to compute load flow and short-circuit calculations: Power System Analysis Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- AAC20403: Using a diagram clearly explains the concept of price ceiling and Why are traders not able to adhere to the ceiling price of chicken: Financial Accounting and Reporting Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Discuss the suitable research design and method that could be used to collect data for the study, then, explain THREE (3)advantages of the chosen method: Marketing Essay, UTM, Malaysia
- students will be evaluated on their ability to analyze, interpret, justify, create ideas, propose viable and ethical solutions, and apply the best alternatives: Management & Financial Accounting Case study, MUM, Malaysia
- You are to choose an audited annual report of listed companies in Bursa Malaysia: Accounting and Finance Report, UM, Malaysia
- CSC508: This assignment will test your understanding on Sorting and Searching algorithms and Write a complete JAVA program: DATA STRUCTURES Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: You are in a senior management position in a leading international funds management firm: Investment and Portfolio Management Case Study, WOU, Malaysia
- Alter a software program by incorporating design refinements appropriately to improve software quality: Design Patterns Course Work, UA, Malaysia
- BAGB1023: You are required to prepare a Change Management Plan for the Company: Organizational Behaviour Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- MPU3343: Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological theory introduces five main constructs that influence child development: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia