The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) is keen to work with intermediaries and financial technology (fintech) providers: Essentials of Fintech Assignment, APU, Malaysia
|University||Asia Pacific University (APU)|
|Subject||Essentials of Fintech|
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) is keen to work with intermediaries and financial technology (fintech) providers to employ Regulatory Technology (RegTech) as well as Supervisory Technology (SupTech) tools to enhance the nation’s capital market efficiency.
Chairman Datuk Seri Dr Awang Adek Hussin said Malaysia needs to intensify efforts to ensure sustained economic growth amidst the challenging external environment, hence, he called for greater financing of technology and innovative solutions.
At the same time, he noted that it is paramount to preserve investors’ confidence in online platforms and market access points.
“This digital push cannot be at the expense of market integrity. New innovations and technologies typically disrupt the status quo, but they are important tools for progress.
“With the entry of new players into our capital market and industry, digital adoption is a responsibility that the SC does not take lightly,” he said in his speech at the Securities Industry Development Corporation Business Foresight Forum 2022 today.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Awang Adek said the SC expects the intermediaries to practice high standards of accountability and take appropriate measures to ensure the resilience of their systems.
“Concurrently, the SC will continue to closely monitor market activities and transactions.
“From the reporting and supervisory standpoint, there are many opportunities for increased use of technology,’’ he said.
Given the growing demand for online products and services, progressive early steps have ensured relevant regulations and safeguards, including for the trading of digital assets in Malaysia, he said.
Since 2015, Malaysia has registered 10 equity crowdfunding operators, 11 peer-to-peer financing platforms, four digital asset exchanges and two initial exchange offering operators to provide a variety of alternative fundraising and investment products.
Additionally, Awang Adek noted that a holistic talent pipeline is sorely needed as the domestic capital market also suffers from a shortage of skilled resources.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
To this end, he said the SC will introduce a multi-year Capital Market Graduate Programme to enhance the marketability of up to 9,000 young Malaysian graduates within the domestic capital market, as announced in Budget 2023.
“An attractive talent pool will raise awareness of industry career opportunities and strengthen the long-term sustainability of our intermediaries.
“In addition, a structured training programme for women talents will be devised with the cooperation of the Ministry of Finance, the SC and market stakeholders,’’ he said, adding that this will help enhance diversity and inclusiveness at all levels of the organization, including boardrooms.
He also urged boards and management to ‘walk the talk’ by integrating environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) practices into all aspects of their business.
“Failure to do so may impact bottom lines in the short-term, and will ultimately cost the company its long-term sustainability,’’ he warned.
He said the sustainability demands from global business partners, as well as national governments, will only grow stronger, therefore Malaysian companies must take this seriously or risk losing business opportunities.
He added that the capital market stands ready to support the green and sustainable transition, with new product structures and innovations.
In June this year, the SC introduced the Sustainable and Responsible Investment linked Sukuk Framework to facilitate fundraising to address sustainability concerns.
Among other things, the framework is meant to encourage further market innovation to support the transition to a net-zero economy.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking Online Assignment Help for your Fintech Assignment? Get expert assistance at Malaysia Assignment Help! Our skilled writers at APU specialize in delivering top-notch assignments tailored to the essentials of Fintech. Score high grades with our Do My Assignment service and excel in your studies. Trust our reliable and timely solutions to meet your academic needs.
Recent Solved Questions
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- According to Khalifa & Alswailem, (2021) at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Saudi Arabia, the implementation and upgrading of the hospital information: MBA in Healthcare Management Case Study, APU, Malaysia
- MGT555: Performance Lawn Equipment (PLE), headquartered in St.Louis, Missouri, is a privately owned designer and producer: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- RT Property Management Sdn. Bhd. is a property management company located in Kuala Lumpur. As a property manager: Management Science Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- Master of Law Enforcement program by coursework. Candidates are expected to submit a project paper based on supervised: Cybercrime Essay, SUC, Malaysia
- BBPB2103: Select any organization of your choice. Explain the environmental factors and the impacts on the practices of human resource: Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Provide the operational definition of the supply chain in the context in which your organization and its supply chain operate: Supply Chain Management Case Study, UUM, Malaysia
- CCS21403: Write a program to execute multiple tasks concurrently and with some elements of thread control using the available methods: Real-Time System Assignment, MTU, Malaysia
- CL101: Mr. M aged 65, with colon cancer, had a colectomy surgery. An Assessment finding shows he appears depressed: Criminal Law Course Work, BAC, Malaysia
- CLOUD-ASSISTED cyber-physical systems have broad applications, ranging from healthcare to smart electricity grid: Company Law Assignment, BAC, Malaysia