The authors sought to understand the types of parent involvement that teachers, parents, and students believe affect: Critical Thinking Communication Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
|Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
|Critical Thinking Communication
The authors sought to understand the types of parent involvement that teachers, parents, and students believe affect the academic achievement of adolescent learners at the high school level. Research that included focus groups, interviews, and surveys indicated that teachers and students believed that parent involvement at school was considered less important to a child’s academic achievement than parent involvement in academics at home. In addition, parents rated themselves as more participatory in academics than did their children or high school teachers.
At the heart of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 is a promise to strengthen America’s education system and raise the academic achievement of all students. Well-trained teachers can provide effective instruction so that students perform at their highest academic potential and that “no child is left of their behind.”
The law recognizes that parents are their children’s first and most important teachers, and for students to succeed in school, parents must participate actively in their children’s academic lives. Parents need to become involved early and stay involved throughout the school years.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Many educational sociologists believe that adolescence is the most complex social period in the life of an individual. During adolescence, rapid physical, emotional, and intellectual changes occur, as well as an intense preoccupation with questions of personal identity peer group expectations, and normative values (Fenwick, 1987). Throughout this critical time in a teenager’s life, families and schools need to work together.
Families provide the social, cultural, and emotional supports that youth need to function well in school. Schools provide opportunities for children’s positive interactions with significant adults and other adolescents to enhance their home experiences and to support their continued development and related learning. Our purpose in this study was to understand the types of parent involvement that teachers, parents, and students believe affect the academic achievement of adolescent learners at the high school level.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
If you're looking for report writing assistance, look no further than Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com! Our team of experienced writers is knowledgeable in report writing and can provide comprehensive service to help you craft a report that meets the highest standards. We not only provide excellent assignment writing services that are tailored specifically to your needs; but we also offer complete confidentiality so you can rest assured your report will remain top secret. Let us help you create the perfect report today!
Recent Solved Questions
- Green retrofitting is acknowledged as an essential strategy for achieving long-term sustainability in the built environment: Facility Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Is Tom’s of Maine toothpaste really green if consumers leave the water running while they brush their teeth: Marketing Management Essay, HWU, Malaysia
- As the Head of the Investment Analysis team of Am Global Investment Fund, you have to plan your investment: Financial Investment Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- APU Cafeteria Ordering System identify a business domain for a cafeteria. Construct a software solution using an object-oriented programming paradigm to support user registration: Object-oriented development with Java Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Critically discuss pertaining to the FIVE (5) important viewpoints on what makes a Good Project Manager to decide on the above matter: Procurement Management Case Study, TARC, Malaysia
- Take the last available Z-score as a base, recommend possible actions that can be taken based: Financial Modelling Assignment, NUM, Malaysia
- EEE5314: Discuss Nutritional Management for patients at risk for refeeding syndromes with left renal cell carcinoma with distance Mets: Electrical Safety Research Paper, UON, Malaysia
- A marker pen producing company wants to increase its productivity by automating the injection: Mechatronics System Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- HIA303: To perform preprocessing and data analysis (statistics) with Python on the given dataset and find the best-supervised: Health Data Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- “Your task is to build a spreadsheet model (using Microsoft Excel) of the IT Expo: Data Science Course Work, UOW, Malaysia