PAD240: The Dewan Rakyat is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament, the federal legislature of Malaysia: Government and Politics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)|
|Subject||PAD240: Government and Politics|
The Dewan Rakyat is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament, the federal legislature of Malaysia. The House and its powers are established by Article 44 of the Malaysian Constitution. The Dewan Rakyat sits in the Dewan Parlimen in Kuala Lumpur, along with the Dewan Negara, the upper house.
The Dewan Rakyat or the House of Representatives shall consist of 222 elected members (Article 46). All of them are elected by the people. In other words, they are the representatives of the people for the People’s choice.
Many new policies and programs are introduced by the Dewan Rakyat for the development and welfare of the people. Both the Dewans must approve the Bill like policy, law, or program with a simple majority for any issues of public interest as set out in Article 159, and with a 2/3 majority for most of the provisions in the Federal Constitution, such as issues relating to Conference of Rulers, and the special position and privileges of the Malays and natives of Sabah and Sarawak. Besides that, some of these provisions also require the consent of the Conference of Rulers before they could be amended.
The Dewan Rakyat has the jurisdiction and authority to debate almost any issue of national interest. For example, from financial budget to security of the state, to international trade, and so on. The Dewan Rakyat drafts and proposes the laws known as a ‘bill’.
But to be made a law, it needs to be passed by both the Dewan Rakyat and Dewan Negara, then it is sent to the King for royal assent. If the bill is rejected by the Dewan Negara, legalizing the proposed bill will be delayed for a maximum of one year before it is sent for royal consent.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for cheap assignment helpers to finish your assignment on (PAD240) Government and Politics Assignment? Then, get in touch with malaysiaassignmenthelp.com. we have designed a team of PhD expert writers who can offer you top-quality & grammatically correct assignment solutions before the deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Request an input price for one item. Next, the quantity of such items should also be entered. Calculate the total price of the items using the formula: Programming Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- WUC 107/03: As part of Budiman Secondary school’s online ‘Safety Day 2022’ celebration, you, a police officer: Workplace Communication Skills Essay, WOU, Malaysia
- TEE206/05: Briefly explain the importance of binary number systems in digital electronics: Digital Electronics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- GLUL2023: Mahawangsa Bhd. telah bersetuju untuk membeli tiga lot tanah dari Dato’ Abdullah Kedua dua pihak telah bersetuju untuk melaksanakan: Business Law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- AMIS3033: Explain any FOUR/FIVE emerging health technologies in this digital era. Health technologies include devices, systems: Managing Information Systems Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- Linda has decided to set up an account that will pay her granddaughter (Janice) $5,000 a year indefinitely: Managerial Finance and Globalisation Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- ECE2131: Electrical Circuits lab is to expose the students to electrical circuits and give them the experimental skills of lab experiments: Electrical circuits Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- FTA541: Carefully organize their research process, from identifying a feasible topic, developing an argument, employing a research: Academic Exercise Research Paper, UiTM, Malaysia
- This assignment requires students to write a strong persuasive position paper Students are to use reasoning and evidence to persuade and convince: Political Communication Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia