Oxfam is a major international development, relief, and campaigning organization dedicated to finding lasting: Operations Management Case Study, OSU, Malaysia
|Oromia State University (OSU)
Oxfam is a major international development, relief, and campaigning organization dedicated to finding lasting solutions to poverty and suffering around the world. It works closely with the communities it helps through a network of local partners and volunteers to provide safety, dignity, and opportunity for many disadvantaged people around the world. Oxfam’s network of charity shops is run by volunteers and is a key source of income. The shops sell donated items and handicrafts from around the world, giving small-scale producers fair prices, training, advice, and funding.
However, Oxfam is perhaps best known for its work in emergencies, providing humanitarian aid where it is needed. It has particular expertise in providing clean water and sanitation facilities. Around 80 percent of diseases and over one-third of deaths in the developing world are caused by contaminated water. Yet much of Oxfam’s work continues out of the spotlight of disasters and the charity provides continuing help, working with poor communities through a range of programs.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Whether the disasters are natural (such as earthquakes and storms) or political (such as riots and wars), they become emergencies when the people involved can no longer cope. In poor countries, disasters leave homeless and hungry people who will become ill or die within days if they do not get aid. In such situations, Oxfam, through its network of staff in local offices in 70 countries, can advise on the resources and help that are needed and where they are needed. Indeed, local teams are often able to provide warnings of impending disasters, giving more time to assess needs and coordinate multi-agency responses.
The organization’s headquarters in Oxford provide advice, materials, and staff, often deploying emergency support staff on short-term assignments when and where their skills are required. Shelters, blankets, and clothing can be flown out at short notice from the Emergencies Warehouse. Engineers and sanitation equipment can also be provided, including water tanks, latrines, hygiene kits, and containers. When an emergency is over, Oxfam continues to work with the affected communities through its local offices to help people rebuild their lives and livelihoods.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking management assignment help? Malaysia Assignment Help is your trusted companion for online assignment assistance at Oromia State University (OSU). Our skilled team of writers specializes in providing comprehensive case study writing help, tailored to your specific requirements. With their expertise and dedication, you can enhance your understanding of operations management concepts and excel academically. Don't let complex assignments hold you back - rely on us for top-notch assistance.
Recent Solved Questions
- The following table lists the cross-price elasticities of demand for several goods, where the percent quantity change: Business Economic Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- EEE4992: Develop an IOT based Smart Energy Meter Monitoring with Theft Detection with the following components: Integrated Design Project Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- TBE 101/03: The Penang State Government announced the new Penang South Islands (PSI) development: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
- BBM103/03: You have been asked to form a task force to deal with an issue at your workplace: Principles and Practice of Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- F79MA: Suppose that you are a trainee actuary working in the mathematical modeling team for a non-governmental organization that is rolling out a micro-credit scheme to support rural communities in developing countries: Statistical Model Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- CBOP3103: GlobalSkills Solution is a prominent training centre located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur: Object Oriented Approach in Software Development Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- How does entrepreneurship orientation integrated into corporations influence the organization’s performance: Strategic Entrepreneurship Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Describe the values, culture, and identity of your family. Critically discuss the differences in values, culture: Family Business Report, TU, Malaysia
- My Personal Development Plan has been influenced by my work experience as a supervisor in a small: Professional Management and Leadership Development Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Lazada is the leading international e-Commerce company in Southeast Asia that was founded by Maximilian Bittner: Business Communication Report, UiTM, Malaysia