Oxfam is a major international development, relief, and campaigning organization dedicated to finding lasting: Operations Management Case Study, OSU, Malaysia
|University||Oromia State University (OSU)|
Oxfam is a major international development, relief, and campaigning organization dedicated to finding lasting solutions to poverty and suffering around the world. It works closely with the communities it helps through a network of local partners and volunteers to provide safety, dignity, and opportunity for many disadvantaged people around the world. Oxfam’s network of charity shops is run by volunteers and is a key source of income. The shops sell donated items and handicrafts from around the world, giving small-scale producers fair prices, training, advice, and funding.
However, Oxfam is perhaps best known for its work in emergencies, providing humanitarian aid where it is needed. It has particular expertise in providing clean water and sanitation facilities. Around 80 percent of diseases and over one-third of deaths in the developing world are caused by contaminated water. Yet much of Oxfam’s work continues out of the spotlight of disasters and the charity provides continuing help, working with poor communities through a range of programs.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Whether the disasters are natural (such as earthquakes and storms) or political (such as riots and wars), they become emergencies when the people involved can no longer cope. In poor countries, disasters leave homeless and hungry people who will become ill or die within days if they do not get aid. In such situations, Oxfam, through its network of staff in local offices in 70 countries, can advise on the resources and help that are needed and where they are needed. Indeed, local teams are often able to provide warnings of impending disasters, giving more time to assess needs and coordinate multi-agency responses.
The organization’s headquarters in Oxford provide advice, materials, and staff, often deploying emergency support staff on short-term assignments when and where their skills are required. Shelters, blankets, and clothing can be flown out at short notice from the Emergencies Warehouse. Engineers and sanitation equipment can also be provided, including water tanks, latrines, hygiene kits, and containers. When an emergency is over, Oxfam continues to work with the affected communities through its local offices to help people rebuild their lives and livelihoods.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking management assignment help? Malaysia Assignment Help is your trusted companion for online assignment assistance at Oromia State University (OSU). Our skilled team of writers specializes in providing comprehensive case study writing help, tailored to your specific requirements. With their expertise and dedication, you can enhance your understanding of operations management concepts and excel academically. Don't let complex assignments hold you back - rely on us for top-notch assistance.
Recent Solved Questions
- LIN30105: Looking at cities can give a special pleasure; however commonplace the sight may be. Like a piece of architecture: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- MBM3783: A local woman claims to have been cheated of over RM1.4 mil after meeting someone online who claimed to be a South African engineer: Social Marketing Case Study, UoTS, Malaysia
- Defines your proposals to address the concerns raised in respect of the existing complaints handling process: Advance Certification in Compliance Essay, MMU, Malaysia
- Rajah 1 menunjukkan lukisan isometri bagi satu bongkah. Lukiskan secara manual saiz penuh bagi bongkah: Research and Project Management Report, OUM, Malaysia
- BUSN 11075: The nature of creativity and this module’s aim implies that each student’s: Business Creativity Essay, LBU, Malaysia
- Select a material from your industry that requires analyses using atomic absorption spectroscopy and X-ray spectroscopies: American Society of Anesthesiologists Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Entrepreneurship is the art of creating something new, whether a new business or enterprise: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- ABPR1103: A psychologist studied the number of hours a worker sleeps at night and the number of errors made in a given task: Statistics for Psychology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- How can quantitative research methods be used to evaluate the effectiveness of teacher training programs: Researcher Competence Report, UMS, Malaysia
- Climate change is the biggest threat to global health in the 21st century. Some of these threats include more frequent and intense droughts: English for Business Essay, TU, Malaysia