MEE3221: In a room with no wind, a worker pushes a 10-kg trolley to a velocity of 1.5 m/s before letting go, as shown in Figure: Fluid Mechanics 2 Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
|INTI International University (IIU)
|MEE3221: Fluid Mechanics 2
a) In a room with no wind, a worker pushes a 10-kg trolley to a velocity of 1.5 m/s before letting go, as shown in Figure Q1a. Determine the distance traveled by the trolley before stopping, given that the coefficient of drag is 0.94 and the rolling (wheels) friction is 2 N. Assume that the density of air is 1.225 kg/m³
and that the frontal area is 0.4 m²
b) ) A tropical cyclone is a natural phenomenon on Earth, as shown in Figure Q1b. The wind speed of a cyclone can reach above 70 m/s, as measured on the eyewall or approximately 30 km from the center of the cyclone. Assume a cyclone with these numbers (maximum speed of 70 m/s at 30 km from the center) and the compound vortex model. Determine the angular velocity and the size of the cyclone. Take the size as the location when the wind speed drops below 2 m/s.
Given the governing equations below, identify the equations on each line and sketch the domain
(a) An airplane weighing 50,000 kg stalls at a high angle of attack of 105°. The engines produce a net thrust of 120 kN, but the flight is losing altitude at a constant speed, moving forward at 60° below the horizon. Using a free-body diagram, determine the drag force and the lift force of the plane.
(b) For compressible air flowing in a pipe, the diameter, pressure, velocity and temperature at the upstream section are 0.2 m, 50 kN/m², 30 m/s, and 50°C respectively. Given that the downstream section velocity is 50 m/s, determine the diameter of the pipe at the downstream section. Assume that the process is isothermal. Take ʏ = 1.4, R = 287 J/kg/K.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
You've come to the right place if you're looking for assistance with your thesis writing. Our experienced thesis writers wish to assist you with your assignment to the best of their abilities. So contact us today and avail of our professional assignment assistance.
Recent Solved Questions
- Evaluate the local markets in light of stock markets, interest rates, currencies and commodities: Business, Accounting & Finance Assignment, FIC, Malaysia
- You and your group member own a cookies business where you make delicious brownies cookies with various flavors: Principle of Marketing Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- FIN60104: Financial ratio analysis can be used for identifying some performance-related issues faced by a firm. Indeed: Introduction to Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- With the current growing populist rhetoric in Western democracies such as the U.S.A., France, Italy, Germany, the U.K: International Business Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Debt financing refers to an organization that borrows money. Usually borrowing it from an outside source: Principles of Finance Course Work, UOM, Malaysia
- Coway has been committed to the Malaysian market for over 15 years. According to GfK 2020 brand health survey: Marketing Innovations Report, APU, Malaysia
- MBSA1623: Choose one of the topics in Talent Management in a chosen industry and Identify the key problem in the topic: Leading talent in organization Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- What are the foreseeable challenges faced by the court in ensuring the admissibility and authenticity of the digital evidence: Law Research Paper, UKM, Malaysia
- CT07133DDAC: Given the current economic situation in Malaysia, you and your friends intend to help some small businessmen in rural areas: Designing & Developing Cloud Applications Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Planning an energy supply system i.e. hot water & PV, space heating, or cooling on the council house: Renewable Energy Assignment, UKM, Malaysia