ITT270: Understand the concept of a digital systems and arithmetic logic circuit: Digital electronic Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UTM)|
|Subject||ITT270: Digital electronic|
By the end of this assignment, you should be able to
• Understand the concept of a digital systems and arithmetic logic circuit
• Understand the implementation of digital circuits in designing a digital system
a) Draw the logic circuit
b) Simplify the Boolean expression using Boolean algebra and De Morgan’s theorem.
c) List FOUR (4) steps involved in designing combinational logic circuits.
d) Draw the simplified expression in (b) using NAND gates only.
The diagram shown above is a Water Irrigation System with Soil Moisture Sensor. The sensor will generate a scale of soil moisture between 0-3. From the scale value, the water irrigation system will function as stated in the table below. Noted also that an alarm buzzer will be activated if the water is overflowed to warn that the system is not functioning well.
The soil moisture sensor also triggers the fertilizer signal whenever the soil is not dry or wet.
Please design the logic circuit for the system. Your solution should include the following:
a) Truth table.
b) Boolean expression (SOP).
c) Logic circuit diagram.
d) Due to some circumstances, there is a possibility of redesigning the logic circuits using NAND gates only, or NOR gate only. Thus, you need to show how you derive the simplified expression using Boolean Algebra and De Morgan Theorem for this purpose. Then, draw the new logic circuit diagram using i) NAND gates only. ii) NOR gates only.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
An earthquake can create seismic waves which are dangerous to fishermen in open water. To warn of the earthquake occurrences to fishermen, the Bora Island authority decided to install an Earthquake Warning System at the coastguard station. The earthquake is measured using the Ritcher scale. Detection of earthquake is indicated by two LEDs and a siren. The Earthquake Warning System diagram is as follows:
Design the logic circuit for Bora Island’s Earthquake Warning System. Your solution should demonstrate how you derive a truth table, build a respective Karnaugh map from the truth table and finally determine the simplified expression that will be used to draw the optimal combinational logic circuits
1. Digital encoder plays an important role in many devices to facilitate people or help make human life easier in many aspects.
a) Describe how bit binary encoder differs from priority encoder and explain their applications.
b) Based on Boolean expression , draw a logic circuit using a decoder and an OR gate.
a) Explain the following flip flops and state their suitable applications. Support your answer with appropriate diagrams.
i. Set-Reset (SR) flip-flop or Latch.
ii. JK flip-flop.
iii. D (Data or Delay) flip-flop.
b) Differentiate between Asynchronous and synchronous counters.
Draw your design for (a) and (b) using Logisim and proof the working of your design by showing the output of its execution.
a. Design a mod-14 ripple counter that counts from 0 to 13.
b. Design a mod-12 ripple counter that counts from 0 to 11.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
ITT270 is one of the most important subjects for students pursuing IT course in UTM, Malaysia. The ITT270 digital electronic assignment involves a lot of calculations and designing which are very difficult for students to do it on their own. They need IT assignment help from the best assignment helper in Malaysia to complete their ITT270 digital electronic assignments perfectly on time. MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com is one of the most popular IT assignment help services among students in Malaysia. We can provide you with capstone project help, case study help, dissertation writing help and many more.
Recent Solved Questions
- Your organization is planning to adopt BYOD which allows the employee to bring their own devices to accomplish: Introduction to Cyber Security for Non- Computing Science Case Study, UiTM, Malaysia
- BUS7AO: Critically evaluate the components which are widely recognised as contributory factors to the concept and occurrence of risk: Evaluating Risk Report, UOM, Malaysia
- PSP0101: The coronavirus disease 2019 hit Malaysia in early 2020 and has caused several lockdowns or partial lockdowns in the afford to contain the virus from spreading to the population: Problem Solving and Program Design Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Discuss critically the 3 Short-term Impacts & 3 Long-term Impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Economic: Economic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- In this project, you need to develop a system You can build a system related to the domain Information system: Fundamentals Of Algorithm And Computer Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Determine the minimum fresh water and minimum wastewater targets for the above system using water cascade analysis: Advanced process integration Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- BBPS4103: Conduct an internal analysis for Apollo Food Holdings Berhad and an external analysis for the industry related to the company: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- FAR320: WNO Food Bhd purchased 2 industrial buildings in the Pending area on 1 January 2015 Building A is used as a place to process food: Financial Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Describe the steps in the recruitment and selection process. Discuss the recruitment and selection of your own organization: Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Evaluate the role of Ocean fertilization in addressing climate change In the introduction briefly explain climate change and ocean fertilization : GEO ENGINEERING Essay, UITM, Malaysia