In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case: Public Law Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia
|Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
UKTL SEPTEMBER 2022 COURSEWORK QUESTION – PUBLIC LAW
In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case (2006), then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, expressed that the Conservatives would “scrap, reform or replace” the Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA 1998) unless the government is able to achieve an understanding to enable foreign criminals to be deported to their countries of origin.
Shortly after the High Court’s ruling that the nine Afghans who claimed asylum after hijacking a plane had the right to remain in Britain, The Tory leader asserted that it was wrong to allow “the human rights of dangerous criminals to fly in the face of common sense”.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
“Being able to balance the danger they pose to the UK if they stay, with the danger to them if they are returned to their country of origin, is no longer possible,” Cameron added, further emphasizing the compounding effect of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR/Convention) – adopted into British law via HRA 1998 – which had significantly contributed to the quandary above.
Fast forward 15 years, today, the HRA 1998 continues to remain a longstanding icon of provocation, fear and anxiety for many Conservatives. That does not exclude the current Secretary of Justice, Dominic Raab, who claims it has led to a series successful cases in court, which might be unjustifiable, illogical or unconscionable.
One of the most pronounced vexes of the 1998 Act is that it prevents the deportation of foreign criminals based on the enshrined right to family life, in line with Article 8 of the Convention.
Outline the importance of the HRA 1998 to the British constitution, and whether reform proposals, such as a British Bill of Rights (BBR), are necessary to be implemented.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is one of the excellent research paper help providers to college and university students that help you to get good scores effectively. Our efficient Malaysian assignment writers provide the best services that meet the needs of students.
Recent Solved Questions
- HBEF3703: Malaysia is a multi-racial, multi-cultural and multi-religion country. Thus, it is quite common for every counselor: Introduction to Guidance & Counseling Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- What you have learned: Contract law Assignment, TP, Malaysia
- Stock Market Investment Simulation 2022: Economics Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- With the COVID-19 pandemic as the current scenario in our modern technological era, technology and information: Master of Computing Thesis, UON, Malaysia
- Discuss an issue/ problem/ process improvement that occurs in the current construction project: Project Cost Auditing Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- STA404: There is an increasing trend in purchasing the laptop due to the pandemic Covid19: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- On 1.12.2022, Marie offered to sell her porcelain doll to Lisa at RM200.00. Six days later, on 7.12.2022 Lisa rang Marie: Business Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- LAW60104: On 14th February 2023, Peter advertised his BMW car which was actually worth RM80,000 for sale for RM66,000: Business Law Case Study, TU, Malaysia
- To create a report and dashboard of sales analytics. Also, using the power bi technique, different customer types, product groups: Management Information Systems Report,AIMST University, Malaysia
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM