In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case: Public Law Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)|
UKTL SEPTEMBER 2022 COURSEWORK QUESTION – PUBLIC LAW
In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case (2006), then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, expressed that the Conservatives would “scrap, reform or replace” the Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA 1998) unless the government is able to achieve an understanding to enable foreign criminals to be deported to their countries of origin.
Shortly after the High Court’s ruling that the nine Afghans who claimed asylum after hijacking a plane had the right to remain in Britain, The Tory leader asserted that it was wrong to allow “the human rights of dangerous criminals to fly in the face of common sense”.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
“Being able to balance the danger they pose to the UK if they stay, with the danger to them if they are returned to their country of origin, is no longer possible,” Cameron added, further emphasizing the compounding effect of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR/Convention) – adopted into British law via HRA 1998 – which had significantly contributed to the quandary above.
Fast forward 15 years, today, the HRA 1998 continues to remain a longstanding icon of provocation, fear and anxiety for many Conservatives. That does not exclude the current Secretary of Justice, Dominic Raab, who claims it has led to a series successful cases in court, which might be unjustifiable, illogical or unconscionable.
One of the most pronounced vexes of the 1998 Act is that it prevents the deportation of foreign criminals based on the enshrined right to family life, in line with Article 8 of the Convention.
Outline the importance of the HRA 1998 to the British constitution, and whether reform proposals, such as a British Bill of Rights (BBR), are necessary to be implemented.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is one of the excellent research paper help providers to college and university students that help you to get good scores effectively. Our efficient Malaysian assignment writers provide the best services that meet the needs of students.
Recent Solved Questions
- M-Storm Electrical Trading started its business on 1 January 2022 The following transactions took place in the first month of its operation: Accounting Homework, UM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Corus Berhad is interested to invest in bonds Currently, the financial manager is evaluating both Bond A and Bond B: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Challenges For The Tourism Businesses During The Pandemic In Tioman Island Malaysia: Business and Management Dissertation Proposal, UTAR, Malaysia
- The number of companies collapsing into insolvency in England and Wales has jumped by nearly 40% in a year: Company Law Coursework, UKM, Malaysia
- Alisha merupakan atlet novice yang menjalani latihan intensif selama 6 bulan untuk meningkatkan prestasinya: Physical Practice Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- AFT1033: Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good: Principle of Economics Case Study, UOM, Malaysia
- Make a graph to show the data distribution and Analyse and interpret the data using Mean, median, variance, and standard deviation: Business statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Teaching English as A Second Language provides trainee teachers with various language theories: Teacher Trainees Thesis, UON, Malaysia
- MGT555: In 2021, the price charged for bottled drinks/box is RM10 for passion fruit, RM8 for mango, and RM6 for calamansi: Business analytics Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- HMEF5103: It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school: Qualitative Research Methodology, OUM, Malaysia