Impairment losses of RM4 million were deemed to have arisen by 30 September 2021 in respect of goodwill of ST Berhad: Financial Accounting Case Study, UON, Malaysia
|University of Nottingham (UON)
- Impairment losses of RM4 million were deemed to have arisen by 30 September 2021 in respect of goodwill of ST Berhad. The impairment losses were classified under other expenses account.
- During the financial year ended 30 July 2021, ST Berhad had sold goods to GD
Berhad amounting to RM15,000,000. The profit margin is 20% on the selling price Of these goods, one-third remained in the closing inventory of GD Berhad n at the reporting date.
- ST Berhad sold a piece of machinery to GD Berhad for RM10,000,000 on 1 October 2020. This equipment had a carrying value of RM4,000,000 prior to transfer. The gain on sale was shown as ‘other income’ in the books of ST Berhad. The equipment had a four-year useful economic life remaining at the date of transfer. The depreciation was classified under other expenses account.
- On 1 July 2021, ST Berhad declared a dividend of RM10,000,000 out of post-acquisition profits. GD Berhad recorded its share of dividend as ‘other income’.
- GD Berhad has a joint venture arrangement with FDS Berhad for CRS Sdn Bhd,
sharing of control with ownership of 50 percent by each party since the year 2016. During the year, CRS Sdn Bhd’s net profit after tax amounted to RM60,000,000. There are some year-end transactions not accounted in the CRS Sdn Bhd financial statements as follows:
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Need help with coursework? Our proficient expert writers at MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com online coursework writing help in Malaysia are here to assist you. We have a bunch of master experts who can customize your Financial Accounting coursework solution according to your professor's requirement at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- “Recruitment” is the process of discovering and recruiting the best and most qualified individual for a job opportunity: Human Resource Management Essay, APU, Malaysia
- The intensive use of information technology (IT) in helping business organizations manage their information systems: Information System for Corporate Managers Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- Critically examine the legal framework for sexual harassment in Malaysia and how it can be better improved: Business Ethics and Law Assignment, Malaysia
- In recent times, the Internet of Things is considered a future internet solution in cloud computing technology: Cyber Security Thesis, MMU, Malaysia
- The Eastland Plaza Branch of the Indiana University Credit Union was having trouble getting the correct staffing levels: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BAAB1014: Multi Cakes Sdn Bhd is involved in selling cakes. You are required to classify the following costs according to their behavior: Business Accounting Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- HBEC2203: According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, there are eight indicators that show: Early Childhood Education Curriculum Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- LEI3044: you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- Calculate mean, mode median, variance, and standard deviation of data above And Construct data above into a table: BIOSTAT Assignment, UNISEL, Malaysia
- The distinction between intention and recklessness has been made clear in case law: Criminal Law Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia