Impairment losses of RM4 million were deemed to have arisen by 30 September 2021 in respect of goodwill of ST Berhad: Financial Accounting Case Study, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
- Impairment losses of RM4 million were deemed to have arisen by 30 September 2021 in respect of goodwill of ST Berhad. The impairment losses were classified under other expenses account.
- During the financial year ended 30 July 2021, ST Berhad had sold goods to GD
Berhad amounting to RM15,000,000. The profit margin is 20% on the selling price Of these goods, one-third remained in the closing inventory of GD Berhad n at the reporting date.
- ST Berhad sold a piece of machinery to GD Berhad for RM10,000,000 on 1 October 2020. This equipment had a carrying value of RM4,000,000 prior to transfer. The gain on sale was shown as ‘other income’ in the books of ST Berhad. The equipment had a four-year useful economic life remaining at the date of transfer. The depreciation was classified under other expenses account.
- On 1 July 2021, ST Berhad declared a dividend of RM10,000,000 out of post-acquisition profits. GD Berhad recorded its share of dividend as ‘other income’.
- GD Berhad has a joint venture arrangement with FDS Berhad for CRS Sdn Bhd,
sharing of control with ownership of 50 percent by each party since the year 2016. During the year, CRS Sdn Bhd’s net profit after tax amounted to RM60,000,000. There are some year-end transactions not accounted in the CRS Sdn Bhd financial statements as follows:
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Need help with coursework? Our proficient expert writers at MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com online coursework writing help in Malaysia are here to assist you. We have a bunch of master experts who can customize your Financial Accounting coursework solution according to your professor's requirement at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBM 102: Consider Figure 1 below, which depicts the rubber market in Malaysia At the initial market equilibrium: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- TSE307/05: Describes Logical Reasoning which includes Critical Thinking in a formal and daily task performance: computational Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Present the financial affairs of a parent company and its legally distinct subsidiaries as if they were a single unified economic entity: Corporate Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations: Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BMBR5103: Leadership styles and performance of academic staff in the education industry in Malaysia: Business Research Methods Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- To develop knowledge of the important labor supply and demand concepts and demonstrate this knowledge in the assignment: workforce planning Report, OUM, Malaysia
- PAF3043: The introduction of the Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standard (MPERS) in January 2016 is timely and vital: Financial Accounting Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- AMCA5203: The assignment is intended to provide learners with the opportunity to grasp the understanding of basic concepts of statistics: Basic statistics and research method Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- SWE30009: Suppose you are working in a software development company as a Senior Test Engineer: Software Testing and Reliability Report, SUT, Malaysia
- Evaluate the role of Ocean fertilization in addressing climate change In the introduction briefly explain climate change and ocean fertilization : GEO ENGINEERING Essay, UITM, Malaysia