Food and Beverages at Southwestern University Football Games: OQQP 6013 Decision Making in Business, Malaysia
|Southwestern University (SWU)
|OQQP 6013 Decision Making in Business
Food and Beverages at Southwestern University Football Games
Southwestern University (SWU), a large state college in Stephenville, Texas, 30 miles southwest of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, enrolls close to 20,000 students. The school is the dominant force in the small city, with more
students during fall and spring than permanent residents.
A longtime football powerhouse, SWU is a member of the Big Eleven conference and is usually in the top 20 in college football rankings. To bolster its chances of reaching the elusive and long-desired number-one ranking, in
2010 SWU hired the legendary Bo Pitterno as its head coach. Although the number-one ranking remained our of reach, attendance at the five Saturday home games each year increased. Prior to Pitterno’s arrival, attendance
generally averaged 25,000 – 29,000. Season ticket sales bumped up by 10,000 just with the announcement of the new coach’s arrival. Stephenville and SWU were ready to move to the big time!
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
With the growth in attendance came more fame, the need for a bigger stadium, and more complaints about seating, parking, long lines, and concession stand prices. Southwestern University’s president, Dr. Marty Starr, was concerned not only about the cost expanding the existing stadium versus building a new stadium but also about the ancillary activities. He wanted to be sure that these various support activities generated revenue adequate to pay for themselves. Consequently, he wanted the parking lots, game programs, and food service to all be handled as profit centers.
At a recent meeting discussing the new stadium, Starr told the stadium manager, Hank Maddux, to develop a break-even chart and related data for each of the centers. He instructed Maddux to have the food service area break-even report ready for the next meeting. After discussion with other facility managers and his subordinates, Maddux developed the following TABLE 1 showing the suggested selling prices, and his estimates of variable costs, and the percent revenue by item. It also provides an estimate of the percentage of the total revenues that would be expected for each of the items based on historical sales data.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Excel in OQQP 6013 Decision Making in Business with our expert support in assignment helper for Malaysian students! Enhance your academic journey with top-notch Dissertation Writing Help. Analyze decision-making scenarios, like "Food and Beverages at Southwestern University Football Games," with confidence.Pay our experts to streamline your coursework and ensure success in your academic pursuit. Elevate your studies with our comprehensive assistance.
Recent Solved Questions
- XBOH2103: Following a significant increase in workplace accidents, a health and safety campaign is planned to be launched within an organization: Occupational Safety And Health Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Consider the changing nature of labor, technological advancements, and global trends that affect affecting human resource development: Training and Development Essay, UNM, Malaysia
- ELC501: Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BBSB4103: The ideological power of the jury system should not be underestimated. It represents the ordinary person’s: Cross Cultural Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- In today’s professional world, work-life balance has become a vital issue that affects both individual well-being: Economics Individual Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- FIN 358: Common stock and preferred stock differ significantly in several ways. Most holders of preferred stock: Investment Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Recently there have been a lot of companies implementing telecommunicating work mode in their company: Strategic Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- CHE61404 Analyse and discuss the effect of various operating conditions on the performance of the concentric tube heat exchange: Thermodynamics and heat transfer Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- PRG2203: You are required to create a C++ program for the system that you have analyzed and designed: Programming Techniques Assignment, IIU, Malaysia