Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore: Economics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
On 1 June 2022, Malaysia imposed a ban on chicken export. Singapore was heavily impacted as its national dish, Hainanese chicken rice, highly depends on fresh chicken supply from Malaysia. Note that we only focus on the domestic market in Singapore. Refer to the following links for more detailed descriptions of the chicken crisis in Singapore. These news articles will provide insights/information to help you explain and analyze the chicken crisis.
Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. Explain how the impact caused changes in the market and how the market adjusted to a new equilibrium price and quantity after the change, using the diagram:
a. Many people rushed to buy the dish before the ban was imposed.
b. The ban was officially imposed on 1st June 2022 and many people (both vendors and consumers) believe the taste of Hainanese chicken rice will not be good if they use frozen chicken. ( Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of poached chicken and seasoned rice, served with chilli sauce and usually with cucumber garnishes)
c. After the ban, the Singaporean government has managed to source additional frozen chicken supply from Indonesia, Thailand and Australia. Vendors have also adjusted the recipe to account for the texture of frozen chickens. Each of your diagrams must be fully labelled and digitized: both axes, all curves, all prices and quantities labelled on the axes and each equilibrium point. Each diagram must have a heading. Use letters such as P1 and Q1 or similar, rather than actual price and quantity numbers. A photo of hand drawn diagrams is not acceptable.
Question 2 a. How does the price elasticity of supply change as an immediate result of the ban on chicken export from Malaysia (in Question 1b)? Justify your answer. If there is a change in price elasticity of supply, how does this affect the supply curve you have drawn in Question 1
b. (No need to illustrate with a diagram).
b. How does the cross-price elasticity of demand for chicken alternative dishes with regard to the price of Hainanese chicken rice change?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
if you require cheap assignment help on economics then consult the experts of Malaysia Assignment Help. Our experts have several years of experience to write perfect quality economic assignment samples such as DQS156 Principles Of Economics Assignment Sample, HBU131 National Kesatria III Assignment Example, ECO211 Macroeconomics UiTM Assignment Example, BBEK1103 Principles Of Microeconomics Assignment Sample, ECO162- Microeconomics Assignment Sample, MPU 3312 Malaysian Economy Assignment Sample for expert guidance.
Recent Solved Questions
- Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives: Faculty of Behavioural Sciences Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- You are required to choose a case for a patient who suffered from a Genitourinary or Endocrine disease/disorder: Genitourinary Case Study, IMC, Malaysia
- In order to test the proportion of smokers who agree with the prohibition of smoking in public buildings, a researcher takes: Statistics and Probability Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- MCE604: Mr. Rahim is planning to pursue MBA studies. Initial inquiry shows that he will have to pay RM 25,000 as a tuition fee: Managerial Economics Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- Based on your understanding of IMC, how do you think Apple has ingrained its marketing strategies: Bachelor of Marketing and Communication Case Study, OUM, Malaysia
- Currently, you are hired as a programmer to analyze their first-quarter sales result for two newly targeted districts as shown below: Principles of Programming Report, APU, Malaysia
- CDMA2103: Write a set A that contains the name of students whose age is between 20 to 37: Mathematics for Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MER501: You will participate in the business model innovation (BMI) forums on LMS emphasizing discussions on “lean start-ups” and design thinking: ENTREPRENEURSHIP Report, HU, Malaysia
- XBOH2103: Following a significant increase in workplace accidents, a health and safety campaign is planned to be launched within an organization: Occupational Safety And Health Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- An orange precipitate formed when compound P with molecular formula C3H6O reacts with reagent AA: Chemistry Assignment, UM, Malaysia