Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore: Economics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
On 1 June 2022, Malaysia imposed a ban on chicken export. Singapore was heavily impacted as its national dish, Hainanese chicken rice, highly depends on fresh chicken supply from Malaysia. Note that we only focus on the domestic market in Singapore. Refer to the following links for more detailed descriptions of the chicken crisis in Singapore. These news articles will provide insights/information to help you explain and analyze the chicken crisis.
Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. Explain how the impact caused changes in the market and how the market adjusted to a new equilibrium price and quantity after the change, using the diagram:
a. Many people rushed to buy the dish before the ban was imposed.
b. The ban was officially imposed on 1st June 2022 and many people (both vendors and consumers) believe the taste of Hainanese chicken rice will not be good if they use frozen chicken. ( Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of poached chicken and seasoned rice, served with chilli sauce and usually with cucumber garnishes)
c. After the ban, the Singaporean government has managed to source additional frozen chicken supply from Indonesia, Thailand and Australia. Vendors have also adjusted the recipe to account for the texture of frozen chickens. Each of your diagrams must be fully labelled and digitized: both axes, all curves, all prices and quantities labelled on the axes and each equilibrium point. Each diagram must have a heading. Use letters such as P1 and Q1 or similar, rather than actual price and quantity numbers. A photo of hand drawn diagrams is not acceptable.
Question 2 a. How does the price elasticity of supply change as an immediate result of the ban on chicken export from Malaysia (in Question 1b)? Justify your answer. If there is a change in price elasticity of supply, how does this affect the supply curve you have drawn in Question 1
b. (No need to illustrate with a diagram).
b. How does the cross-price elasticity of demand for chicken alternative dishes with regard to the price of Hainanese chicken rice change?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
if you require cheap assignment help on economics then consult the experts of Malaysia Assignment Help. Our experts have several years of experience to write perfect quality economic assignment samples such as DQS156 Principles Of Economics Assignment Sample, HBU131 National Kesatria III Assignment Example, ECO211 Macroeconomics UiTM Assignment Example, BBEK1103 Principles Of Microeconomics Assignment Sample, ECO162- Microeconomics Assignment Sample, MPU 3312 Malaysian Economy Assignment Sample for expert guidance.
Recent Solved Questions
- To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
- CAT3044: You must adhere to the university college regulations on academic conduct Formal inquiry proceedings will be instigated: Enterprise Architecture Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- EIA1005: Let X be a continuous random variable with the following probability density function: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- NBBS3303: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the specific skills that are essential for counseling and in healthcare: Communication and Counselling Skills for Nurses Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- ‘Gardeners love this crap: That’s the slogan for Pierce Ledbetter’s Memphis, Tennessee-based company, Zoo Doo: Entrepreneurship Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- PGBM146 This business report based is based on Netflix the case study organisation: Value Creation in Organisations – Managing Operations and Marketing Case Study, Malaysia
- CT050-3-2-WAPP: create a website that will serve as a platform for both registered and non-registered users who are looking for digital learning: WEB APPLICATIONS Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- HMEF5103: It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school: Qualitative Research Methodology, OUM, Malaysia
- The quantity demanded and quantity supplied for good A and good B by the citizens of a country XYZ at different prices: Economics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- ACF3600: Audit and climate change Climate affects nearly every aspect of our lives, from our food sources to our transport infrastructure: Auditing and assurance Assignment, MUM, Malaysia