CHE61504: Working as an aircraft engineer in the Ministry of Defense, you have been requested to design a modern combat aircraft: Engineering Fluid Mechanics Assignment, TU, Malaysia
|University||Taylor's University (TU)|
|Subject||CHE61504: Engineering Fluid Mechanics|
Create the dimensionless relationship and design of modern combat aircraft
Working as an aircraft engineer in the Ministry of Defense, you have been requested to design a modern combat aircraft with your project team member. This modern combat aircraft is designed to be able to fly in the air and travel underwater. Your team has designed a scale model of the modern combat aircraft and carried out an experiment with it in both wind tunnel and water tunnel (Figure 1). The wind tunnel was employed at a temperature of 20°C and atmosphere pressure, while fresh water at the same temperature was utilized to operate the water tunnel. Three model sizes were tested, and the drag force on each model was measured at different velocities. The collected data is presented in Table 1.
- It is known that the drag force, 𝐹𝐹𝐷𝐷 is a function of the density, ρ, viscosity, 𝜇𝜇, velocity, V, and aircraft model length, L. Create the dimensionless relation for this problem and plot the data above In this dimensionless manner. Discuss on the dimensionless relation created, and comment on the possible uncertainty of the experimental results.
- Next, your team is using this combat aircraft model geometry to build a large-scale combat aircraft. If you desire the maximum drag force should not be exceeded 0.15 N, what would be the proper length of the modern combat aircraft travel with an average velocity of 55 km/h underwater? Do you think the calculated combat aircraft length is feasible and suitable to be used to travel underwater? Identify the possible limitations of aircraft design.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Taylor's University students can now access exceptional online assignment help for CHE61504: Engineering Fluid Mechanics at Malaysia Assignment Help. Our proficient writers offer personalized assistance, ensuring in-depth understanding and accurate solutions for fluid mechanics assignments. Benefit from our reliable online platform, delivering original content, timely submissions, and comprehensive support. Enhance your academic performance with our trusted engineering assignment writing services.
Recent Solved Questions
- TMF1434: Golden Hands Catering offers catering services for events such as weddings, birthdays, and celebration events: Data Structure & Algorithms Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
- You are required to design an integrated pedagogical approach for five-year-old children: Early childhood education Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- ECW1101: Explain why the world price of palm oil increases as the result of the impact of Russia-Ukraine conflict: Introductory microeconomics Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- TAX317: Business entity located in Malaysia that manufactures taxable goods not exempted under the Sales Tax Act 2018: TAXATION 2 Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- A company claims that its new manufacturing process results in a mean weight of 60 grams for a certain product: Biostatics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Alisha merupakan atlet novice yang menjalani latihan intensif selama 6 bulan untuk meningkatkan prestasinya: Physical Practice Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- JD Sdn Bhd has developed a new industrial detergent that can be used in motor vehicle garages. It would cost RM1 million: Accounting & Finance Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- BUSN 11075: The nature of creativity and this module’s aim implies that each student’s: Business Creativity Essay, LBU, Malaysia
- Write an essay on how an aircraft electrical distribution system power up essential aircraft systems: Aircraft Electrical Essay, GFA, Malaysia
- MGT 507: The covid-19 crisis impacted the world continuously including individuals, society, economics, and business: Research Methodology Research Paper, LUC, Malaysia