BWFF3033: As an individual investor in Malaysia, you believe the main index of the Malaysia stock market, FBM KLCI would decline further in the year 2022: Financial Market and Institutions Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
|Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
|BWFF3033: Financial Market and Institutions
1) As an individual investor in Malaysia, you believe the main index of the Malaysia stock market, FBM KLCI would decline further in the year 2022. The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI comprises the largest 30 companies listed on the Main Board by full market capitalization that meet the eligibility requirements of the FTSE Bursa Malaysia Ground Rules. Given your strong belief in that market trend, you aim to make a significant capital gain from the financial exchanges in Malaysia. Based on this module content outline, suggest TWO (2) suitable financial instruments (ie any specific equity-based, debt-based or neither debt-based nor equity-based financial instruments) and explain in detail how you would apply that financial instruments in order to meet your objective effectively and efficiently.
2) Recently, your friend who owns a multinational corporation in Malaysia has just bought fabrics from a U.S. company, with a payment of $1 million due in 6 months. Assuming today is 20 April 2022, given the current spot rate (MYR/USD) is MYR/USD 4.3103-221, the six-month forward rate is MYR/USD 4.4252-70. Due to the impact of the Malaysian stock market performance on the value of MYR, you expect the spot rate to reach MYR/USD 4.4340-57 in the coming six months, calculate the implicit gains or losses on this forward position in MYR.
3) Your friend has no investment experience. After completing his studies in investment-related courses, he would like to invest in the financial exchanges in Malaysia. Due to having no real investment experience, he prefers certainty. Hence, he would not mind receiving low levels of return at the beginning of the holding period of that instrument. With his investment knowledge plus determination, he is confident that within a holding period of no longer than ONE (1) year, the stock market in Malaysia would enter into a bull run. He would then be ready and able to bear the higher risk and achieve his investment goal of making higher capital gains. Based on this module content outline and given this information, recommend to him a financial instrument for investment that is most suitable to his needs and explain its suitability.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Are you seeking the best homework help in Malaysia? Then you are in the right place. Malaysia Assignment help is one of the top quality assignment help providers in the world. all assignments solution are written by knowledgeable and well-qualified experts who have complete knowledge of finance assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- HGM3043: Latar belakang, pertumbuhan penduduk dan sejarah perkembangan bandar ini And Dua aktiviti ekonomi asas di bandar ini: Geografi Bandar Dan Metropolitan Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- PL-101: By the 13th Century, a parliament was when kings met up with English barons to raise cash for fighting war: Public Law, Coursework, BAC, Malaysia
- Patient satisfaction seems to be one of the most important aspects of the healthcare industry as it positively impacts: Business Research Methods Research Paper, TU, Malaysia
- Which leadership approach/s would you personally employ or apply at work? why? This is an academic paper: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Strategy implementation occurs when a firm adopts organisational policies and practices that are consistent with its strategy: Strategic Management Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- STA404: A study was conducted to determine the relationship between a driver’s age and the number of accidents he or she had over a 3-year period: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- ECONOMICS 223: Refined sugar producer MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd’s profitability may be affected if the new government lowers the ceiling price of refined sugar: Mikroeconomy Case Study, USM, Malaysia
- ACC6202 Evaluate the local economy in light of GDP, interest rates, inflation, and currencies. Explain how these factors would affect the chosen company: Accounts and Financy Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- Strategic management is the ongoing planning, monitoring, analysis, and assessment of all necessities an organization: Strategic Management Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- Computational thinking refers to the thought processes involved in defining a problem and its solution: Computational Thinking and Problem Solving Assignment, MU, Malaysia