BWFF3033: As an individual investor in Malaysia, you believe the main index of the Malaysia stock market, FBM KLCI would decline further in the year 2022: Financial Market and Institutions Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)|
|Subject||BWFF3033: Financial Market and Institutions|
1) As an individual investor in Malaysia, you believe the main index of the Malaysia stock market, FBM KLCI would decline further in the year 2022. The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI comprises the largest 30 companies listed on the Main Board by full market capitalization that meet the eligibility requirements of the FTSE Bursa Malaysia Ground Rules. Given your strong belief in that market trend, you aim to make a significant capital gain from the financial exchanges in Malaysia. Based on this module content outline, suggest TWO (2) suitable financial instruments (ie any specific equity-based, debt-based or neither debt-based nor equity-based financial instruments) and explain in detail how you would apply that financial instruments in order to meet your objective effectively and efficiently.
2) Recently, your friend who owns a multinational corporation in Malaysia has just bought fabrics from a U.S. company, with a payment of $1 million due in 6 months. Assuming today is 20 April 2022, given the current spot rate (MYR/USD) is MYR/USD 4.3103-221, the six-month forward rate is MYR/USD 4.4252-70. Due to the impact of the Malaysian stock market performance on the value of MYR, you expect the spot rate to reach MYR/USD 4.4340-57 in the coming six months, calculate the implicit gains or losses on this forward position in MYR.
3) Your friend has no investment experience. After completing his studies in investment-related courses, he would like to invest in the financial exchanges in Malaysia. Due to having no real investment experience, he prefers certainty. Hence, he would not mind receiving low levels of return at the beginning of the holding period of that instrument. With his investment knowledge plus determination, he is confident that within a holding period of no longer than ONE (1) year, the stock market in Malaysia would enter into a bull run. He would then be ready and able to bear the higher risk and achieve his investment goal of making higher capital gains. Based on this module content outline and given this information, recommend to him a financial instrument for investment that is most suitable to his needs and explain its suitability.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Are you seeking the best homework help in Malaysia? Then you are in the right place. Malaysia Assignment help is one of the top quality assignment help providers in the world. all assignments solution are written by knowledgeable and well-qualified experts who have complete knowledge of finance assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBF305/03: Merry Karthik is a bank executive who has just inherited a large sum of money Having spent several years in the bank’s investments department: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MOM705: Ali makes ping-pong balls in his Malaysia plant. With recent increases in his costs, he has a newfound interest: Operations Management Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- SKEE4683: As part of your role in the electrical engineering design department of a multi-national consultancy you have been allocated an activity: POWER SYSTEM DESIGN AND OPERATION Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- ACC4264: Describe the importance of having a Performance Measurement System and critically discuss several types: Advanced Management Accounting Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- MPA21603: The demand and supply concepts are two of the basic concept in microeconomics. Select any decision-making: Managerial Economics Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- SBSF1103: A team of five persons is responsible for negotiating the prices of cables that suppliers provide to your company: Thinking Skill Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- BIS3033: Discuss the reliability of Nick Carraway as the narrator of The Great Gatsby And Explain how the theme of social stratification: Novels And Short Stories In English Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- DBAF2003: On 1 January 2011, Yen had two vehicles for use in his business. Vehicle X was bought several years earlier for £7.500: Principles of Accounting Assignment, UoC, Malaysia
- As a creative director of a new fashion company, you are required to create one fashionable product: Innovation Management Report, UniKL, Malaysia
- E-Waste Management in Malaysia: Residents’ Willingness to Pay for Household E-Waste Recycling in Kuching, Sarawak: Social Science Research Paper, UMS, Malaysia