BSL305 :In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising: Company Law Assignment, MU, Malaysia
|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||BSL305: Company Law|
In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising. Advise the directors of Capital Ltd over the following matters.
(a) Can the funds be raised without a prospectus? If so, what other types of disclosure documents are available?
(b) If a prospectus is prepared, what must the directors disclose to investors about the investment?
(c) If the company issues a prospectus and the directors then become aware that there is a false and misleading statement in it, what can they do to remedy this?
(d) Does the Corporations Act provide any defenses for directors where funds are raised under a prospectus that contains a misleading statement? If so, what are they?
Goodtimes Ltd has had a very successful trading period. The directors decide that the profits should be used to offer to purchase back some of their shares held by the members. The directors wish to undertake two transactions:
- Buyback 12% of the ordinary shares held by a shareholder named Jasmine and
- offer all shareholders the opportunity to sell 8% of their ordinary shares to the company
(a) Name the type of buy-back relevant to each of the above.
(b) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from Jasmine.
(c) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from the remaining ordinary shareholders.
Discuss any 2 of the following
(a) “Members can sue directors therefore there is no need for statutory derivative action” Discuss whether this statement is true or false and why.
(b) Legal significance of share register v share certificate
(c) Procedure for the appointment of directors
(d) Casting votes and resolutions
(e) Notices of meetings
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Do you not have the time to finish your assignment? Then hire assignment writer from Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com who provides you with error-free & properly expounded assignments on time for a lower price. You can get top-notch university assignment help from us at very affordable rates.
Recent Solved Questions
- Create an Ed workspace for your team and share it with the other members Upload the code sca old into the workspace: Python and Java Coding Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- UBML2013: Download six law reports from the Westlaw database Any law report after 2017 is acceptable: Company Law Report, UTAR, Malaysia
- The purpose of this assignment is to give students the opportunity to use specialized JFlex software: Computer Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Suppose that an economic crisis led to the depreciation of Wakandian dollars. Presidential candidate Reno Miller openly declared: Economic (Trade finance and foreign exchange) Report, Malaysia
- ELC501: Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Strategy implementation occurs when a firm adopts organisational policies and practices that are consistent with its strategy: Strategic Management Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- BGN352: English Law plays an important part in the Malaysian legal system and Explain the application of English Law as a source: Building Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Tesla Advances Its EVs by Rethinking Traditional Automotive Supply Chain Practices: Supply Chain Management Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Imagine you own a pet grooming business You want to use market research to identify how you can grow your business: Marketing Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- LEI3044: you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, SUC, Malaysia