BSL305 :In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising: Company Law Assignment, MU, Malaysia
|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||BSL305: Company Law|
In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising. Advise the directors of Capital Ltd over the following matters.
(a) Can the funds be raised without a prospectus? If so, what other types of disclosure documents are available?
(b) If a prospectus is prepared, what must the directors disclose to investors about the investment?
(c) If the company issues a prospectus and the directors then become aware that there is a false and misleading statement in it, what can they do to remedy this?
(d) Does the Corporations Act provide any defenses for directors where funds are raised under a prospectus that contains a misleading statement? If so, what are they?
Goodtimes Ltd has had a very successful trading period. The directors decide that the profits should be used to offer to purchase back some of their shares held by the members. The directors wish to undertake two transactions:
- Buyback 12% of the ordinary shares held by a shareholder named Jasmine and
- offer all shareholders the opportunity to sell 8% of their ordinary shares to the company
(a) Name the type of buy-back relevant to each of the above.
(b) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from Jasmine.
(c) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from the remaining ordinary shareholders.
Discuss any 2 of the following
(a) “Members can sue directors therefore there is no need for statutory derivative action” Discuss whether this statement is true or false and why.
(b) Legal significance of share register v share certificate
(c) Procedure for the appointment of directors
(d) Casting votes and resolutions
(e) Notices of meetings
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Do you not have the time to finish your assignment? Then hire assignment writer from Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com who provides you with error-free & properly expounded assignments on time for a lower price. You can get top-notch university assignment help from us at very affordable rates.
Recent Solved Questions
- MLP781 Anna is the associate director of a nonprofit agency that provides assistance to children and families: Managing Leadership Performance Assignment: ASB, Malaysia
- Many factors determine how much debt a firm takes on. Among the main factors include the effect of debt on firms’ value: Corporate Finance Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- “Recruitment” is the process of discovering and recruiting the best and most qualified individual for a job opportunity: Human Resource Management Essay, APU, Malaysia
- BBM511/03: The assignment is based on the BTC-USD and ETH-USD CSV files And The data for Bitcoin covers October 2015: Quantitative techniques Assignment, MUCM, Malaysia
- LAW1014: Laurie who is 16 years of age, decides to leave home She travels to Kuala Lumpur, where she quickly finds herself a full-time job: Business law Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- SHAS 3368: A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar: Islamic Law of Succession Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- MKTG3040: You are required to select an experience when visiting a service organisation by choosing any ONE company from ONE category of the industry : Services Marketing Report, UON, Malaysia
- You display a jumbled letter and ask the user to guess the word. For example, the word displayed is H F C L E E U R: Game Programming Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- BUS7AQ: Detail how you would set about managing change in a small traditionally based SME family business in food manufacturing: Creative Change Assignment, WGU, Malaysia
- ACCT2111: Critically evaluate and apply accounting theories to complex cases to solve ethical accounting issues: Accounting Thoughts and Ethics Assignment, RMIT, Malaysia