BSL305 :In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising: Company Law Assignment, MU, Malaysia
|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||BSL305: Company Law|
In order to obtain the funds necessary to expand its business, Capital Ltd will undertake a $12M capital raising. Advise the directors of Capital Ltd over the following matters.
(a) Can the funds be raised without a prospectus? If so, what other types of disclosure documents are available?
(b) If a prospectus is prepared, what must the directors disclose to investors about the investment?
(c) If the company issues a prospectus and the directors then become aware that there is a false and misleading statement in it, what can they do to remedy this?
(d) Does the Corporations Act provide any defenses for directors where funds are raised under a prospectus that contains a misleading statement? If so, what are they?
Goodtimes Ltd has had a very successful trading period. The directors decide that the profits should be used to offer to purchase back some of their shares held by the members. The directors wish to undertake two transactions:
- Buyback 12% of the ordinary shares held by a shareholder named Jasmine and
- offer all shareholders the opportunity to sell 8% of their ordinary shares to the company
(a) Name the type of buy-back relevant to each of the above.
(b) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from Jasmine.
(c) Describe the obligations that the directors have, and the procedures that must be followed under the Corporations Act, to allow the directors to buy back the shares from the remaining ordinary shareholders.
Discuss any 2 of the following
(a) “Members can sue directors therefore there is no need for statutory derivative action” Discuss whether this statement is true or false and why.
(b) Legal significance of share register v share certificate
(c) Procedure for the appointment of directors
(d) Casting votes and resolutions
(e) Notices of meetings
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Do you not have the time to finish your assignment? Then hire assignment writer from Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com who provides you with error-free & properly expounded assignments on time for a lower price. You can get top-notch university assignment help from us at very affordable rates.
Recent Solved Questions
- What are two (2) problems you have encountered and two (2) benefits you have gained while working in a group: Decision Making Skills Assignment, Malaysia
- TBTM 1023: Write a selection structures statement for an auto-sale drink machine with 4 different drinks to select according to the button you press: Introduction To Programming Assignment, NUM, Malaysia
- The number of bags lost by a small airline per week is approximately normally distributed with a mean of 427 bags: Statistics in Social Science Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- In a group consist of five (5) students, you are required to select a multinational company (MNC) as the basis of a case study: International Management Case Study, APU, Malaysia
- Social control is the study of the mechanisms, in the form of patterns of pressure, through which society maintains: Crime and Society Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- How can an employer determine whether the recruiting and selection procedures being used to select employees: Human Resources Management Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- Salma is considering investing in either one of the jewelry companies – Pearl Berhad or Diamond Berhad: Finance Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- HGM3043: Latar belakang, pertumbuhan penduduk dan sejarah perkembangan bandar ini And Dua aktiviti ekonomi asas di bandar ini: Geografi Bandar Dan Metropolitan Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- CBOP3103: GlobalSkills Solution is a prominent training centre located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur: Object Oriented Approach in Software Development Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- KIG1006:Design a simple product based on your innovation apply, combine or improve product functions that consist of approximately five parts drawings and one assembly drawing: Engineering drawing, Assignment, UTM, Malaysia