Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization: Strategic management Case study, UMT, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UMT)|
- Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles that support organizational values and impact organizational direction.
- Understand the holistic nature of strategy and the relationship between strategic management and leadership and apply analytical techniques to solve complex problems in real-life organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the strategic decision-making process through critical analysis of how strategic decision-making enables an organization to relate to changes in its international business environment
- Critically evaluate and monitor the business mission, vision, objectives, and policies of international organizations.
- Use critical reflective skills to reflect on the impact of their understanding of the strategic problem-solving process.
Your task is to carry out a critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) operating in an industry and country of your choice, using the information available to the public, e.g. company annual reports in pdf and other materials researched. You will be expected to select and apply appropriate theories, techniques and models studied during the module while having regard to the practical aspects of strategy development.
Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization’. Using information from the most recent Annual Report of the MNC of your choice, critically evaluate the potential impact of Covid-19 on the MNC’s approach to low-cost leadership and product differentiation in both domestic and international markets. Note: You are expected to include a discussion on how your MNC manages the ‘paradox of localization and globalization.
What is ‘industry context’ in terms of Indusby development’? Critically assess the benefits and limitations of the ‘industry leadership perspective’ and the ‘industry dynamics perspective’, using appropriate examples from your chosen MNC. Discuss how the MNC can explore and exploit the demand for compliance and the demand for choice to maximize its corporate profitability through low-cost leadership and/or product differentiation.
Using your understanding of the paradox of ‘corporate profitability’ and ‘corporate social responsibility, critically evaluate the ability of the CEO and Senior management team in your chosen MNCs to simultaneously achieve corporate profitability and corporate social responsibility objectives crucial for the MNC’s survival and growth in domestic and international markets.
You are expected to demonstrate a critical understanding of the challenges of reconciling the conflicting demands for profitability and social responsibility simultaneously in an international context.
In 100-150 words reflect on the impact of this assessment on your understanding of the Multinational corporations (MNCs) operating in the industry and country of your choice, highlighting the MNC’s approaches to ‘localization and globalization, managing the ‘paradox of compliance and choice’, and the paradox of ‘corporate profitability and social responsibility, with a view to sustaining its long-term competitiveness in domestic and international markets.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Recent Solved Questions
- BCS1107: The objective of the assignment is to develop a web application using web 2.0 technologies: ADVANCED WEB TECHNOLOGY Report, UTM, Malaysia
- DSC2034: Evaluate without a calculator, using the BODMAS order of operations: MATHEMATICS Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- BBM 102: Consider Figure 1 below, which depicts the rubber market in Malaysia At the initial market equilibrium: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- JTW111/3: Tujuan tugasan ini adalah untuk meningkatkan kebolehan pelajar memahami transaksi transaksi perakaunan dan dapat membentuk penyata kewangan: Prinsip Perakaunan Kewangan Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Design and implement a Hostel Management System and the target users are admin and student: Object Oriented Development with Java Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Identify the knowledge of the patients on the disease before being diagnosed and their knowledge after: Disease Prevention Essay, LUC, Malaysia
- HBEC1103: Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) programs, such as Montessori, High Scope, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf: Introduction to Early Childhood Education Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CBLX3103: The purpose of this assignment is to gain experience on the requirements of hardware, software and devices for Linux operating system: INTRODUCTION TO LINUX Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Mantera Bhd was incorporated in 2002 and the company’s core businesses are manufacturing, importing, exporting, distributing: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- SudaJayaTech is a premier enterprise software company offering multiple products at scale both in the enterprise arena: Introduction to Networking Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia