Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization: Strategic management Case study, UMT, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UMT)|
- Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles that support organizational values and impact organizational direction.
- Understand the holistic nature of strategy and the relationship between strategic management and leadership and apply analytical techniques to solve complex problems in real-life organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the strategic decision-making process through critical analysis of how strategic decision-making enables an organization to relate to changes in its international business environment
- Critically evaluate and monitor the business mission, vision, objectives, and policies of international organizations.
- Use critical reflective skills to reflect on the impact of their understanding of the strategic problem-solving process.
Your task is to carry out a critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) operating in an industry and country of your choice, using the information available to the public, e.g. company annual reports in pdf and other materials researched. You will be expected to select and apply appropriate theories, techniques and models studied during the module while having regard to the practical aspects of strategy development.
Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization’. Using information from the most recent Annual Report of the MNC of your choice, critically evaluate the potential impact of Covid-19 on the MNC’s approach to low-cost leadership and product differentiation in both domestic and international markets. Note: You are expected to include a discussion on how your MNC manages the ‘paradox of localization and globalization.
What is ‘industry context’ in terms of Indusby development’? Critically assess the benefits and limitations of the ‘industry leadership perspective’ and the ‘industry dynamics perspective’, using appropriate examples from your chosen MNC. Discuss how the MNC can explore and exploit the demand for compliance and the demand for choice to maximize its corporate profitability through low-cost leadership and/or product differentiation.
Using your understanding of the paradox of ‘corporate profitability’ and ‘corporate social responsibility, critically evaluate the ability of the CEO and Senior management team in your chosen MNCs to simultaneously achieve corporate profitability and corporate social responsibility objectives crucial for the MNC’s survival and growth in domestic and international markets.
You are expected to demonstrate a critical understanding of the challenges of reconciling the conflicting demands for profitability and social responsibility simultaneously in an international context.
In 100-150 words reflect on the impact of this assessment on your understanding of the Multinational corporations (MNCs) operating in the industry and country of your choice, highlighting the MNC’s approaches to ‘localization and globalization, managing the ‘paradox of compliance and choice’, and the paradox of ‘corporate profitability and social responsibility, with a view to sustaining its long-term competitiveness in domestic and international markets.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Recent Solved Questions
- BMK310/03: Established in 1957, Corica Pastries from Australia has consistently been delighting customers with their world-famous apple strudels: Retailing Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- How does Flextronics’ operations strategy help the company satisfy its customers and What specific operations competencies must Flextronics: Operations Management Case Study, RVU, Malaysia
- Introduce an online hospital information system to discuss the role of the hospital online information system for more efficient and effective communication: MBA in Healthcare Management, Essay, APU, Malaysia
- MPU3242: A mission statement provides an ideal vision for the company’s future and directs its growth: INNOVATION MANAGEMENT Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- When Google decided to “build a better boss”, it studied data from performance reviews, feedback surveys and also supporting documents: Management Function and Managerial Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- To create a report and dashboard of sales analytics. Also, using the power bi technique, different customer types, product groups: Management Information Systems Report,AIMST University, Malaysia
- International bond and equity trading significantly affect the international portfolio investment of the organization: International Finance Management Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Prevalence Of Intravenous Canulization And Its Consequence To The Patients A Cross Sectional Quantitative Study In Hospital S: Nursing Research Paper, OUM Malaysia
- HIA303: To perform preprocessing and data analysis (statistics) with Python on the given dataset and find the best-supervised: Health Data Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- HBET2303: The goal of assessment is to help students improve as writers and feel successful as writers: Writing IN ESL Assignment, OUM, Malaysia