BOI207: Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another: General Microbiology Assignment, USM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)|
|Subject||BOI207: General Microbiology|
Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another without introducing any additional organisms to the culture or contaminating the environment with the culture.
Developing a thorough understanding and knowledge of aseptic techniques and culture transfer procedures is a prerequisite to working with microbiological cultures.
Microorganisms are very diverse and include all bacteria, fungi, yeast, and algae. They can be found everywhere, in the air, in water, and on every kind of surface imaginable. Their widespread presence means that microbiologists have to take certain precautions when working with microorganisms to avoid contamination.
In this lab, we will learn methods for transferring and handling bacterial cultures aseptically so that the cultures do not get contaminated. You will learn to transfer broth culture to broth, agar slant culture to broth, and broth culture to the agar plate.
• Test tube rack
• Nutrient broth culture of bacteria
• Nutrient agar slant culture of bacteria
• 10 ml tubes of sterile nutrient broth
• Nutrient agar plate
• Inoculating loop
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for an affordable way to get a top-quality assignment on General Microbiology? Get experts help from Malaysia assignment help our experts will provide your assignment before the deadline and make sure that your assignment is 100% plagiarism-free.
Recent Solved Questions
- The rationale of the study is to investigate the communicative competence of the English language among Malaysian adult players: Animal Crossing Thesis, OUM, Malaysia
- UKAF1083: The MASB had on 17 November 2011 announced and confirmed that Malaysia will converge with IFRS by 1 January 2012: Financial Accounting II Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- STA60704: The ith claim amount is denoted by. Claim amounts can be 100, 200, or 400: Probability Theory Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Discuss the FIVE (5) assumptions of break-even points. A company manufactures a single product: Finance Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: The purpose of this assignment is to enhance learners’ ability to adopt organizational behavioral theories and concepts in real organizational settings: Organisational Behaviour Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- The authors sought to understand the types of parent involvement that teachers, parents, and students believe affect: Critical Thinking Communication Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Green retrofitting is acknowledged as an essential strategy for achieving long-term sustainability in the built environment: Facility Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- You are the project manager for your company’s MCP project. You are collaborating with your project team: Project Management Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- PSY1034: How small changes in the brain can create a difference in the action of an individual more precisely in the person’s behavior: Biological Psychology Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Analysis and discussion on the financial performance and Basically your financial performance analysis comprise of horizontal: Faculty of Business and Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia