BOI207: Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another: General Microbiology Assignment, USM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)|
|Subject||BOI207: General Microbiology|
Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another without introducing any additional organisms to the culture or contaminating the environment with the culture.
Developing a thorough understanding and knowledge of aseptic techniques and culture transfer procedures is a prerequisite to working with microbiological cultures.
Microorganisms are very diverse and include all bacteria, fungi, yeast, and algae. They can be found everywhere, in the air, in water, and on every kind of surface imaginable. Their widespread presence means that microbiologists have to take certain precautions when working with microorganisms to avoid contamination.
In this lab, we will learn methods for transferring and handling bacterial cultures aseptically so that the cultures do not get contaminated. You will learn to transfer broth culture to broth, agar slant culture to broth, and broth culture to the agar plate.
• Test tube rack
• Nutrient broth culture of bacteria
• Nutrient agar slant culture of bacteria
• 10 ml tubes of sterile nutrient broth
• Nutrient agar plate
• Inoculating loop
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for an affordable way to get a top-quality assignment on General Microbiology? Get experts help from Malaysia assignment help our experts will provide your assignment before the deadline and make sure that your assignment is 100% plagiarism-free.
Recent Solved Questions
- The company we chose is “PEDAL PUB” This service offers guests the opportunity to enjoy food and conversation while riding a special bicycle: Global Business Strategy Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- I’m in my final year, and my chosen fyp is a cyber security online consulting website: Cyber Security Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- This accessible text provides a lively introduction to the essential skills of creative problem-solving: Creative Problem Solving Case Study, UMS, Malaysia
- ITC101: How will leaders shape the post-coronavirus business world: Information Technology for Business Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- BAFF0023: The economic system is a way of organizing relationships among individuals, firms, and government agencies: Economics and Society Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- DPA40113: Display whether the company should buy or continue to manufacture the components: COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING 2 Assignment, PM, Malaysia
- You have to select the latest annual report of any one of listed company in Malaysia: Financial accounting and reporting 1 Report, UPM, Malaysia
- Having seen arguments concerning the various morally controversial issues, and the applications of the different ethical theories to them: Business Ethics Essay, CU, Malaysia
- Describe the differences between investment in debt and equity securities Discuss the reason why companies should invest in property: Financial Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500 In October 2020 the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia