BOI207: Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another: General Microbiology Assignment, USM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)|
|Subject||BOI207: General Microbiology|
Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another without introducing any additional organisms to the culture or contaminating the environment with the culture.
Developing a thorough understanding and knowledge of aseptic techniques and culture transfer procedures is a prerequisite to working with microbiological cultures.
Microorganisms are very diverse and include all bacteria, fungi, yeast, and algae. They can be found everywhere, in the air, in water, and on every kind of surface imaginable. Their widespread presence means that microbiologists have to take certain precautions when working with microorganisms to avoid contamination.
In this lab, we will learn methods for transferring and handling bacterial cultures aseptically so that the cultures do not get contaminated. You will learn to transfer broth culture to broth, agar slant culture to broth, and broth culture to the agar plate.
• Test tube rack
• Nutrient broth culture of bacteria
• Nutrient agar slant culture of bacteria
• 10 ml tubes of sterile nutrient broth
• Nutrient agar plate
• Inoculating loop
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for an affordable way to get a top-quality assignment on General Microbiology? Get experts help from Malaysia assignment help our experts will provide your assignment before the deadline and make sure that your assignment is 100% plagiarism-free.
Recent Solved Questions
- LAW523: Lisbon was charged with murder under section 302 of the Penal Code for killing 16 years old student identified as Paris: Finance Law Essay, CSU, Malaysia
- LAW034: You are the renowned constitutional law expert in the country and have a column in a local daily: Introduction to Legal Theories Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- ACC 4243: New Town Manufacturing Sdn Bhd a Malaysian tax resident company is engaged in the business of manufacturing paper products: Advanced Taxation Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- FINA1035: Footnotes should only be used to reference material or to tell the reader where to find the related information: Strategic Financial Management Case Study, UOG, Malaysia
- This module aims to provide the students with an overall view of the interactions between cultural variables and human behavior: Cross Cultural Psychology Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- AC 4012: You are required to choose TWO listed companies from Bursa Malaysia with the annual report from 2014 onwards: Introduction to Financial Accounting Report, SC, Malaysia
- As the medical community rushes to find a cure, or at least a containment, for the spreading coronavirus, financial markets: Investment Planning Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- BBM511/03: The assignment is based on the BTC-USD and ETH-USD CSV files And The data for Bitcoin covers October 2015: Quantitative techniques Assignment, MUCM, Malaysia
- HBET2303: The goal of assessment is to help students improve as writers and feel successful as writers: Writing IN ESL Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MC247:Ashley is 17 years old. Her parents are frustrated by her selfish and destructive behavior: Interpersonal Communication Case Study, OUM, Malaysia