BMCD5103: The Covid-19 pandemic has caused companies to undergo transformations, such as downsizing, rightsizing, or flattening: Career Development Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||BMCD5103: Career Development|
The purpose of the assignment is for students to examine the career development strategies and implementations in a company.
You are required to answer ONE (1) assignment. This assignment should be completed individually.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused companies to undergo transformations, such as downsizing, rightsizing, or flattening, into something as yet unknown. These transformations in occupational environments have implications for career development and employability. Careers may become a more fragmented set of jobs held together. According to a global survey of over 30,000 people in 31 countries, conducted by Microsoft’s Work Trend Index, 40% of the respondents said they are considering leaving their employer this year.
Based on the above scenario, you are required to:
- Identify ONE company that has a dedicated entity for employee training and development (T&D). The T&D entity can be as small as a unit, section, or department. The identified company must have a primary goal to earn a profit through commercial business activities.
Provide a description of the company such as the mission, vision, history, business, management team, etc., and the background of the head/director of the T&D entity.
Interview the head/director of the T&D entity and
- analyze what are the strategies and implementations including activities, programs, and facilities that are provided for career development prior to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Describe how the above scenario impacted and challenged the career development goals of the company.
- Explain the actions taken by the T&D entity during the lockdown periods and how these actions impacted employees’ career development programs.
- Based on the above scenario and analysis, provide FOUR recommendations to employers on how to improve the company’s career development strategies post-Covid 19 pandemic and provide the conclusion.
Support your recommendations with findings from journal articles and provide references using the American Psychological Association (APA) format.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
looking for someone to do my assignment online on BMCD5103: Career Development? then Malaysia Assignment Help is the best suitable place. here you will get the top quality assistance on nursing assignment, finance assignment, accounting assignment etc. many more at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBCM4103: Salary Market Surveys are tools used to determine the median or average compensation paid to employees: Compensation Management Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- The Malaysian legal system has undergone tremendous development since Malaysia regains its independence in 1957: Malaysia Legal System Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- MGT555: Differentiate between nominal, ordinal, ratio, and interval data and Provide one example for each type of data: Business Analytic Home Work, UiTM, Malaysia
- TAX667: If the company is not eligible for tax incentives, students may offer suggestions on how the company: Advanced Taxation Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- BOI207: Aseptic techniques are defined as the processes required for transferring a culture from one vessel to another: General Microbiology Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, organizations had already been pressured by fluctuations in oil prices: Managing People and Organisational Behaviour Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- You have been employed by an Information Technology (IT) industry as an IT Officer who is to set up a simple LAN in a department: Computer Systems and Networking Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- SHAS 3368: A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar: Islamic Law of Succession Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- You have been engaged as a consultant to build a new generation of leaders in a pharmaceutical research organization: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UOI, Malaysia
- Sedap Fried Chicken Bhd is a new and rapid growing fast-food company in Malaysia: HR Management Report, OUM, Malaysia