BEC1624: This follows a stronger-than-expected recovery of 7.8 percent last year. Malaysia’s strong performance in 2022: Macroeconomics Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|Multimedia University (MMU)
This follows a stronger-than-expected recovery of 7.8 percent last year. Malaysia’s strong performance in 2022 overall – was in part due likely to the withdrawals from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) which contributed to higher private consumption in Malaysia than in other countries. In addition, to improved labor market conditions, other government policy measures such as the increase in the minimum wage and cash assistance programs such as Bantuan Keluarga Malaysia provided additional support.
The results from the Business Pulse Survey (BPS) in August 2022 show recovery becoming more entrenched following the reopening of international borders. Firms of all sizes and across all sectors achieved positive changes in sales relative to the same period pre-pandemic. Nonetheless, large firms still lead the way in sales growth.
The 3rd round of the World Bank’s High-Frequency (HiFy) Phone Survey showed that nearly 70 percent of lower-income households self-assessed themselves as having inadequate financial resources to meet their monthly basic needs, and more than 60 percent of these households reported having no savings. Recent increases in food and energy prices have further exacerbated the lingering effects of the pandemic on poor households.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Consumer price inflation in Malaysia stood at 4.0 percent in November 2022 (October: 4.0 percent) while core inflation was estimated at 4.2 (October 2022: 4.1 percent). In addition, the upward trend in inflation was also driven by higher utility prices. Relative to regional peer countries and around the world, inflation has remained broadly stable in Malaysia, mostly due to blanket fuel subsidies and price controls.
The increase in government spending during the COVID-19 crisis to support the economy has raised debt levels and reduced Malaysia’s fiscal space. Therefore, the near-term focus should be on supporting the vulnerable and rebuilding fiscal buffers.
Efforts to rebuild fiscal buffers should be driven by higher revenue collection and better spending efficiency. An effective policy response should enhance the consumption tax framework, broaden the tax base of personal income tax, and streamline reliefs. Meanwhile, a gradual shift towards a targeted subsidy framework would help subsidies work better for lower-income households.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
A depreciating ringgit could increase the cost of living but could also be favorable for economic growth. Analysis of the effects of ringgit depreciation shows that it could increase the cost of living as the price of imported goods and services in the consumer’s basket rises. However, a depreciating ringgit could also be favorable for economic growth through an increase in the country’s international competitiveness and net exports.
The prolonged movement restrictions throughout the COVID-19 crisis caused an expansion in Internet access and usage and accelerated the digitalization of firms, particularly in the use of digital platforms and the uptake of digital payments, a key entry point into the digital economy. While digitalization expanded rapidly, the trend has been unequal across firms. According to recent World Bank surveys, more than 80 percent of medium and large firms invested in digital solutions compared to 54 percent of small firms.
Malaysia has advanced digitalization of government services. Many ministries are reporting between 70 and 90 percent of their services are end-to-end (E2E) online or fully digitalized in 2022. For several aspects of e-government, Malaysia compares relatively well with regional peers. However, Malaysia trails regional peers and high-income countries in the adoption of citizen-centric digital solutions which would enable a more user-centered delivery.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Struggling with your BEC1624 Macroeconomics assignment? Seek professional online assignment help from Malaysia Assignment Help! Our skilled writers have a strong background in macroeconomics and can provide you with a top-notch assignment tailored to your needs. Whether it's understanding aggregate demand and supply, analyzing inflation and unemployment, or exploring economic growth theories, our experts will deliver a well-written and thoroughly researched paper. Besides, this our experts also provide you cheap Dissertation Writing Services.
Recent Solved Questions
- MMP706: You are the project manager for your company’s MCP project. You are collaborating with your project team and business: Project Management Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward not necessarily easy: Managing Organizational Health Essay, UWS, Malaysia
- Prepare an Audit Planning Memorandum not exceeding 4,000 words. Your Audit Planning Memorandum: Audit Assignment, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Compare and contrast the use of welding and mechanical joining processes in the manufacture of a steel table: Manufacturing Process Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- BBNG3103: What are policies of the Malaysian government that would encourage and contribute towards international business: International Business Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- The most common challenges towards brand builders are savvy customers, more sophisticated & increasing competition: Business Management Assignment, CUM, Malaysia
- PBD10202: Steph was looking at Instagram there were blessed yoga photos and Sunday Breakfast pictures: ENGLISH II Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
- Suppose that an accounting firm does a study to determine the time needed to complete one person’s tax forms: Fundamental of Statistics Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- DQS351: Measurement of Groundworks and Concrete Works in Superstructure and Describe the uses of measurement in the local and international construction industries: Measurement of Construction Works Assignment, UITM, Malaysia