BCS302/03: Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies: Corporate Governance Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||BCS302/03: Corporate Governance|
1. Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies, or by any other person under guarantee from, or on security provided by the company, or by any of its subsidiary companies to any director of the company. Discuss the exception of this provision in the Companies Act 2016.
2. In the case of a public company, explain the rights of members on the “service contract” of directors.
3. Describe FOUR (4) key areas of financial statements of a company that the audit committee would focus on.
4. Section 219 provides that a director has a general duty to disclose his or her direct or indirect interest in the company. Explain how the director could make such a disclosure.
5. Describe the main responsibilities of the Securities Commission in regulating the capital markets of Malaysia.
6. Explain the provision of the Companies Act 2016 which provides how a public listed company will hold its annual general meeting.
7. As the company secretary of a public listed company, discuss the best practices in respect of the effective functioning of the board as suggested in the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG, 2021).
8. Explain to the chairman of a public listed company the possible contributions of the company secretary to good corporate governance.
9. Discuss the rationale for integrating sustainability in business organizations and how to embed business sustainability as suggested in Bursa’s sustainability reporting guide.
10. Advise the shareholder of a public listed company on the information, or additional information, to look for in the company’s financial statement which is mandatorily required by the Companies Act 2016.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help comes with a host of talented people who have the domain knowledge and proper skills in all academic subjects. our experts always assure you to provide 100% plagiarism-free solutions on nursing assignments, management assignments, law assignments, engineering assignments, etc at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BA31403: Students are required to prepare a report containing a summary of the topic: Issues In International Business Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Perkasa Bhd., a public company listed in the MAIN market of Bursa Malaysia, issued and paid-up capital at the beginning: Financial Accounting and Reporting Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- BBM207: Describe how the new wage will benefit employees in the urban areas and Discuss the consequences to the economy of Malaysia: Human Resource Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: You are required to write a report about your own personal problem and propose a solution to the problem: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Report, OUM, Malaysia
- Given the number of formality rules which affect land law transactions, then the questions of whether formality is useful or useless: Land Law Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- HE119/BHH1103: You are required to search for any two (2) company’s Annual Report (2020/2021) and Look at the company’s financial statements and gather the information that needs to be used to calculate financial ratio: Introduction To Hospitality Accounting Report, UCSI, Malaysia
- MGT 269: Students need to write an analytical report It is one of the methods to evaluate students understanding of real-world: Business Communication Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- AGMH2423: Program a microcontroller to perform certain tasks using suitable programming languages: Embedded Controller Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Discuss the relationship between Company Law and Consumer Protection Law in Malaysia: Business Law Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia