BCS302/03: Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies: Corporate Governance Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||BCS302/03: Corporate Governance|
1. Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies, or by any other person under guarantee from, or on security provided by the company, or by any of its subsidiary companies to any director of the company. Discuss the exception of this provision in the Companies Act 2016.
2. In the case of a public company, explain the rights of members on the “service contract” of directors.
3. Describe FOUR (4) key areas of financial statements of a company that the audit committee would focus on.
4. Section 219 provides that a director has a general duty to disclose his or her direct or indirect interest in the company. Explain how the director could make such a disclosure.
5. Describe the main responsibilities of the Securities Commission in regulating the capital markets of Malaysia.
6. Explain the provision of the Companies Act 2016 which provides how a public listed company will hold its annual general meeting.
7. As the company secretary of a public listed company, discuss the best practices in respect of the effective functioning of the board as suggested in the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG, 2021).
8. Explain to the chairman of a public listed company the possible contributions of the company secretary to good corporate governance.
9. Discuss the rationale for integrating sustainability in business organizations and how to embed business sustainability as suggested in Bursa’s sustainability reporting guide.
10. Advise the shareholder of a public listed company on the information, or additional information, to look for in the company’s financial statement which is mandatorily required by the Companies Act 2016.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help comes with a host of talented people who have the domain knowledge and proper skills in all academic subjects. our experts always assure you to provide 100% plagiarism-free solutions on nursing assignments, management assignments, law assignments, engineering assignments, etc at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Artificial intelligence (AI) technology is applied to promote learning and teaching effectiveness. AI technology is being used: Basic Research Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward not necessarily easy: Managing Organizational Health Essay, UWS, Malaysia
- What type of oral dosage form generally yields the greatest amount of systemically available drugs in the least amount of time: Pharmacology Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Across many industries, it’s important for employees to watch out for fire hazards like ignition hazards, electrical overloading: Occupational Safety and Health Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- MPU3313: Use the relevant resources to discuss the therapeutic diet for a diabetic and hypertension person in order to ensure: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- In recent years, the UK has witnessed bank failures mis-selling of financial products, and various scandals: Contemporary Issues in Banking, Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- BBAP4103: Choose TWO companies listed in the transportation & logistics sector of the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia. Find the companies: Investment Analysis Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PGBM156: Required to briefly explain what this assessment is all about and what you will be addressing in this assessment: Strategic Management in an International Context Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- Describe and explain the purpose of the Malaysia Labour Acts and the implications of the International Labour Organisation: Employment Relations Essay, UMS, Malaysia
- CT087-3-3: Real-time developers have to balance 3 constraints in the quest for timely RT execution, efficiency, predictability: RTS Realtime Systems Assignment AUTI, Malaysia