BCS302/03: Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies: Corporate Governance Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||BCS302/03: Corporate Governance|
1. Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies, or by any other person under guarantee from, or on security provided by the company, or by any of its subsidiary companies to any director of the company. Discuss the exception of this provision in the Companies Act 2016.
2. In the case of a public company, explain the rights of members on the “service contract” of directors.
3. Describe FOUR (4) key areas of financial statements of a company that the audit committee would focus on.
4. Section 219 provides that a director has a general duty to disclose his or her direct or indirect interest in the company. Explain how the director could make such a disclosure.
5. Describe the main responsibilities of the Securities Commission in regulating the capital markets of Malaysia.
6. Explain the provision of the Companies Act 2016 which provides how a public listed company will hold its annual general meeting.
7. As the company secretary of a public listed company, discuss the best practices in respect of the effective functioning of the board as suggested in the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG, 2021).
8. Explain to the chairman of a public listed company the possible contributions of the company secretary to good corporate governance.
9. Discuss the rationale for integrating sustainability in business organizations and how to embed business sustainability as suggested in Bursa’s sustainability reporting guide.
10. Advise the shareholder of a public listed company on the information, or additional information, to look for in the company’s financial statement which is mandatorily required by the Companies Act 2016.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help comes with a host of talented people who have the domain knowledge and proper skills in all academic subjects. our experts always assure you to provide 100% plagiarism-free solutions on nursing assignments, management assignments, law assignments, engineering assignments, etc at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BTM3001: By their very nature, traditional companies are not equipped to deal with social problems: Ethics and sustainability in business environment Research Paper, MUM, Malaysia
- To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
- you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations: Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Pengenalan ISU Semasa Kesan covid 19 terpap hobungan social social kalangan masyarakat iyitu hubun antara masyarakat semakin pudar: Moral Education Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Air quality standards are set by each country to protect the public health of their citizens and as such are an important component: Air Pollution Engineering Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- MOM705: Explain how Operations Management OM research can complement Entrepreneurship theory – 3 – 4 pages: Operations management Assignment, AEU, Malaysia
- Great Excel Traders has a branch at Kota Tinggi. All accounts are maintained at the Head Office in Johor Bahru: Accounting and Finance Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- SKEE4683: As part of your role in the electrical engineering design department of a multi-national consultancy you have been allocated an activity: POWER SYSTEM DESIGN AND OPERATION Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- CBCA2103: The purpose of this assignment is to assess learners’ understanding of CPU organization, instructions format, and addressing mode: COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Assignment, OUM, Malaysia