CBE658 Food Preservation Technology UITM Assignment Sample Malaysia
CBE658 Food Preservation Technology is a course offered by the Faculty of Chemical Engineering at UITM in Malaysia. The course focuses on food preservation technology, which is an important aspect of the food industry. The course covers a range of topics related to food preservation technology, including the principles of food preservation, the various methods of food preservation (such as canning, drying, freezing, and irradiation), and the factors that affect the quality and safety of preserved foods.
Students in the course will also learn about the different types of food spoilage and how to prevent them, as well as the various types of foodborne pathogens and how to control their growth. Additionally, the course may cover the regulatory requirements related to food preservation and the use of preservatives in food products.
Buy Non Plagiarized & Properly Structured Assignment Solution
Pay and get assignments for CBE658 Food Preservation Technology course at the last moment!
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a leading provider of high-quality assignment help that caters to all your academic needs. Our team comprises of experienced writers who are experts in their respective fields and are capable of delivering top-notch assignments for CBE658 Food Preservation Technology within the specified deadline. Trust us to deliver exceptional assistance that meets your academic requirements with utmost professionalism and efficiency.
Here, we discuss some assignment outlines. These are:
Assignment Outline 1: Define food preservation and factors of food spoilage.
Food preservation refers to the methods and techniques used to prevent or delay the spoilage of food and increase its shelf life. These methods are designed to inhibit the growth of microorganisms, slow down chemical reactions, and reduce the risk of contamination.
There are several factors that contribute to food spoilage, including:
- Microorganisms: Bacteria, yeasts, molds, and other microorganisms can grow on food and cause spoilage.
- Enzymes: Enzymes are proteins that catalyze chemical reactions in living organisms. When enzymes in food continue to function, they can cause spoilage by breaking down the food.
- Oxygen: Oxygen can cause oxidation, which can lead to spoilage and discoloration of food.
- Moisture: Moisture can promote the growth of microorganisms and accelerate spoilage.
- Temperature: Temperature is an important factor in food preservation. High temperatures can accelerate spoilage, while low temperatures can slow it down.
- Light: Light can cause oxidation and promote the growth of microorganisms, leading to spoilage.
By controlling these factors, food can be preserved and kept safe to consume for a longer period of time.
Hire Writer For Custom Assignment Assistance
Assignment Outline 2: Explain the principles and mechanisms of various food preservation techniques.
There are several food preservation techniques that are used to extend the shelf life of food products. These techniques can be broadly classified into four categories: thermal processing, chemical preservation, dehydration, and refrigeration.
- This technique involves heating food to a high temperature to kill microorganisms that can cause spoilage. The most common thermal processing methods include pasteurization, sterilization, and canning.
- Pasteurization involves heating food to a specific temperature for a set period of time to kill bacteria and other pathogens. It is commonly used for dairy products and juices.
- Sterilization involves heating food to a higher temperature than pasteurization to completely eliminate all microorganisms. This is commonly used for canned foods.
- Canning involves placing food in a sealed can or jar and heating it to a high temperature to kill microorganisms and create a vacuum seal to prevent contamination.
This technique involves adding chemicals to food products to prevent the growth of microorganisms. The most common chemical preservatives include sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, and propionic acid.
This technique involves removing water from food to prevent the growth of microorganisms. Dehydration can be achieved through various methods including sun drying, air drying, and freeze-drying.
This technique involves keeping food products at a low temperature to slow down the growth of microorganisms. Refrigeration can be achieved through various methods including using ice or keeping food in a refrigerator or freezer.
Overall, the selection of a particular preservation technique depends on the type of food product and the desired shelf life. It is important to choose a technique that does not compromise the quality or safety of the food product.
Assignment Outline 3: Recommend and justify appropriate equipment to solve industrial problem in food processing.
One common industrial problem in food processing is the need to increase efficiency and productivity while maintaining quality and safety standards. To address this challenge, I would recommend the following equipment:
- Automated Processing Equipment: Automated processing equipment such as conveyors, mixers, and fillers can help increase efficiency and reduce labor costs. These machines can process food at a faster rate and with greater precision than manual labor, thereby reducing errors and ensuring consistent quality.
- Quality Control Equipment: Quality control equipment such as metal detectors, X-ray machines, and check weighers can help ensure that the final product meets safety and quality standards. These machines can detect contaminants and deviations from the desired weight or size of the product, allowing for immediate corrective action.
- High-Pressure Processing Equipment: High-pressure processing equipment uses high-pressure water to kill bacteria and other pathogens in food, without the need for heat or chemicals. This can help improve the safety and shelf life of products while maintaining their nutritional value and flavor.
- Vacuum Packaging Equipment: Vacuum packaging equipment can help extend the shelf life of food products by removing oxygen, which slows down the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. This can also help preserve the flavor and texture of the food.
- Temperature Monitoring Equipment: Temperature monitoring equipment such as thermometers and data loggers can help ensure that food is stored and transported at the correct temperature to prevent spoilage and maintain quality.
Overall, the above equipment can help improve efficiency, reduce labor costs, ensure quality and safety standards, and extend the shelf life of food products.
Assignment Outline 4:Demonstrate various techniques in food preservation.
There are several techniques for food preservation, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some common techniques for food preservation:
- Canning: This is a process where food is packed into airtight containers and heated to a high temperature to kill bacteria and other microorganisms that can cause spoilage. The food is then sealed in the container, which prevents further contamination. Canning is commonly used for fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Freezing: This is a simple and effective method of preserving food. Freezing can be used for a variety of foods, including meats, fruits, and vegetables. The food is placed in airtight containers or wrapped in freezer-safe bags, and then frozen at a temperature below 0°F. This slows down bacterial growth and prevents spoilage.
- Drying: This involves removing the moisture from food, which inhibits the growth of bacteria and mold. Drying can be done in the sun, in an oven, or using a dehydrator. Dried foods can be stored for several months and are ideal for hiking, camping, or other outdoor activities.
- Pickling: This is a process where food is soaked in a vinegar or brine solution. The acid in the solution kills bacteria and prevents spoilage. Pickling can be used for vegetables, fruits, and meats.
- Smoking: Smoking involves exposing food to smoke from burning wood or other materials. The smoke contains chemicals that help preserve the food and add flavor. Smoking is commonly used for meats, such as bacon, ham, and jerky.
- Fermentation: This involves the use of bacteria and yeast to preserve food. Fermentation can be used for vegetables, such as sauerkraut and kimchi, as well as dairy products, such as yogurt and cheese.
- Salting: This involves the use of salt to preserve food. Salt draws out the moisture from food, which inhibits the growth of bacteria. Salting is commonly used for meats, such as bacon and salted fish.
Each of these techniques has its own advantages and disadvantages, and some are better suited for certain types of food than others. It’s important to choose the right technique for the type of food you are preserving to ensure the best results.
Pay & Get Instant Solution Of Assignmets and Essays By Malaysian Writers
Place your order without delay and receive top-notch CBE658 FOOD PRESERVATION TECHNOLOGY assignment solutions!
Malaysia Assignment Help is a service provider that offers assistance to students in completing their academic assignments related to CBE658 FOOD PRESERVATION TECHNOLOGY. The service aims to help students achieve academic success by providing high-quality assignment writing support.
At our company, we have a particular focus on delivering top-quality MBA assignment assistance and remain dedicated to offering the finest available services. With our team of experts possessing extensive experience and knowledge in this area, we can provide you with all-encompassing solutions for your MBA assignments.
Our team also includes essay writing experts who can offer you guidance on various aspects such as essay planning, structure, content, grammar, and presentation. We are also capable of assisting with a wide range of assignments, including thesis projects and report writing. Our commitment to punctual delivery and customer satisfaction is unwavering, and if you need an essay written, our team of skilled writers will gladly help you. Simply reach out to us with the request “write my essay Online,” and we will take it from there. If you require excellent assignment assistance, there’s no need to search any further, just get in touch with us immediately!