When a capacitor is charged through a resistor by a constant voltage source, the voltages across the capacitor: Physics Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
|University||University of Wollongong (UOW)|
Part 1: Charging a Capacitor
- Power supply
- One large capacitor (about 2500µF), Resistance box
- 4 banana cables
When a capacitor is charged through a resistor by a constant voltage source, the voltages across the capacitor and resistor change exponentially with time. That is,
Where V is the applied voltage.
Likewise, when a capacitor is discharged through a resistor, the voltage is given by
Where V₀ is the initial voltage across the capacitor.
The rate at which the capacitor charges or discharges can be characterized by the time constant RC. When charging, RC is the time that it takes for the capacitor voltage to increase from zero voltage to 0.632 times the charging voltage, since at t=RC
Similarly, when discharging, RC is the time for the voltage to fall to 0.368 times its initial value, since at t=RC
- When a capacitor is charged through a resistor by a constant voltage source, what are the voltages across the capacitor and a resistor?
- When a capacitor is discharged through a resistor by a constant voltage source, what are the voltages across the capacitor and a resistor?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help provides students with the support they need to excel in their studies. Our team of experienced writers, editors and tutors provides fast and dependable custom-written research paper documents tailored to meet every student's specific academic needs. Our essay writing services are reliable, efficient and guaranteed to get you the best grades possible. So why wait? Get in touch with us now and let our experienced writers do their job!
Recent Solved Questions
- BUS2223/ BUS3023: You are the product manager of a confectionery company that includes small plastic toys with its chocolate sweets: Business Ethics Report, UPTM, Malaysia
- Generate a frequency count and histogram with a normal distribution curve for Pretest science scores: Educational Statistic Assignment, UMT, Malaysia
- AGMH2423: Program a microcontroller to perform certain tasks using suitable programming languages: Embedded Controller Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Delta tech Digital Solutions is an IT company, which is supplying all IT-related hardware equipment and networking services: Digital Image Production Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- LWM713 In the context of directors’ duties, critically discuss the extent to which full disclosure to the board of directors: Corporate Governance Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Discuss the background of the industry and the reasons (at least 2) on why you have chosen the industry to analyze: Business Assignment OUM, Malaysia
- STA404: A dairy products factory wants to know the milk flavor preferred by the buyers: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- CHE4161: You are appointed as the project manager for a construction project You were informed that your team engineer: Engineer in Society Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- NBBS1313: Describe the basic psychological and sociological concepts and theories to recognize the appropriate critical approaches: Psychology and Sociology for Nurses Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Choose a company, and inform the lecturer of the company of your choice. The company of your choice: Introduction to investment Assignment, UNM, Malaysia