There have been large extinctions throughout Earth’s history. The most famous of these caused the end of the dinosaurs: English Home Work, UPM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
There have been large extinctions throughout Earth’s history. The most famous of these caused the end of the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago. At that time, about seventy percent of all the species on earth died out. Although dinosaurs had been in a period of decline before the extinction, it is thought that they could have recovered if something terrible had not prevented it. The most accepted theory about the cause of this extinction is the asteroid theory.
It is believed that an asteroid about 10 kilometers in diameter hit the Earth. It is suggested that the asteroid destroyed everything within about 500 kilometers of where it landed. It would also have caused fires, increased volcanic activity, and sent huge clouds of dust, gases, and water vapor into the atmosphere. Because of this, there would have been months of darkness, cooler temperatures, and acid rain. There is a huge crater off the northwest tip of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. The crater has been dated as 65 million years old and is believed to be evidence of a large asteroid impact.
- What happened to Earth about 65 million years ago?
- What is believed about the size of the asteroid?
- What is this event believed to have caused?
- What evidence is there to support this belief?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Boost your English homework performance with the professional guidance provided by Malaysia Assignment Help. Our dedicated team of experts is here to assist you in achieving excellence in your English assignments. With affordable prices and timely delivery, we ensure a stress-free experience for students. Don't let language barriers hinder your progress. Trust our reliable Homework Help Services to improve your English skills and excel in your academic journey.
Recent Solved Questions
- Based on the works of any two authors you have read, discuss the portrayal of the social outcast or solitary figure and demonstrate: Bachelor of Arts Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- You are tasked to demonstrate the feasibility and complexity of the IATA information system in terms of the data structures to be deployed for their operations and database storage: Data Structure and Algorithm Report, MUM, Malaysia
- BMHR5103: Human resource management has a responsibility to ensure that the organization follows Occupational Safety and Health: Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- The plaintiff, the publisher of a free five-days-a-week national English-language newspaper called ‘the Sun’: Media Law Case Study, AeU, Malaysia
- TME307/03: System Engineering and Simulation Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- UBAF3023: Sustainability reporting is a report that is published by organizations to give details about the impact a company is having on the environmental: Corporate Reporting and Current Issues, Report, UTAR, Malaysia
- you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations: Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- UBML2013: Download six law reports from the Westlaw database Any law report after 2017 is acceptable: Company Law Report, UTAR, Malaysia
- Apply medical and surgical nursing knowledge of cardiovascular and respiratory disorders in delivering holistic care to clients: Medical Surgical Case Study, MU, Malaysia
- The High Court in Sri Kaiang Rock Products Sdn Bhd v Mayban Finance Bhd (19921 1 CU 204 stated at p 206: Contract Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia