The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important: Introduction to Business Ethics and Values Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
|University||Lincoln University College (LUC)|
|Subject||Introduction to Business Ethics and Values|
The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important. It assumes a significant role in the country’s industrialization program as it represents the largest percentage of establishments at 99.2%.
In terms of their economic contribution, SMEs contribute 32% to the Gross Domestic Product, 56.4% to the total workforce, and 19% to total exports. Based on the Census on Establishments and Enterprises 2005, there are a total of 552,849 companies in operation. Out of this, a total of 548,307, or 99.2% were defined as SMEs.
Referring to the statistics published by SMIDEC, the leading fraction of Malaysian SMEs is in the services sector (86.6%), followed by the manufacturing sector (7.2%), and final but not least the agriculture sector (6.2%). In the services sector, the majority of SMEs were in retail, (46.4%), followed by restaurants (14.2%), wholesale (9.1%), transport and communications (6.5%), and financial intermediaries (4.1%).
Whilst in the manufacturing sector, textile and apparel represent the largest sub-sector (23.4%), followed by food and beverage (15%), metal and metal products (13%), and paper and recorded media (7.2%). For the agriculture sector, the primary activities are mainly in planting, market plantation, and horticulture (65.6%), followed by fisheries (20.8%) and poultry farming (7%).
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for the best dissertation writers, look no further than Malaysia Assignment Help. With a team of experienced, passionate writers, they offer professional services that go above and beyond simply providing quality written content. From extensive research to knowledge on best practices in formatting and structuring your document, they have every aspect of dissertation writing covered. Aside from their expertise in crafting top-notch essays, they can also advise on topics and strategies to make your paper stand out.
Recent Solved Questions
- Since the Covid-19 outbreak, there has been a great increase in the number and variety of online courses available to students: Foundation English Essay, UON, Malaysia
- EBTL 4103: Describe the terms and conditions of your current employment which consists of the express and implied terms: Law and Technology Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- LAW434: With reference to decided cases discuss the application of the doctrine of stare decisis in Malaysia: Malaysian Legal System Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- MBB 3213: Identify the target markets for each Malaysian product in consumer and business markets: Principles of Marketing Assignment, UoTS, Malaysia
- MKT2013: Identify and analyze the relevant factors in the microenvironment that might be affecting Global Coffee Co’s business performance: Principles of Marketing Case Study, UPTM, Malaysia
- MOM705: Explain how Operations Management OM research can complement Entrepreneurship theory – 3 – 4 pages: Operations management Assignment, AEU, Malaysia
- FIN60104: Financial ratio analysis can be used for identifying some performance-related issues faced by a firm. Indeed: Introduction to Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- You have been hired as a management consultant to analyze the current financial position of the company: Finance Accounting and Management Report, UON, Malaysia
- FAR460: Help Bhd has been involved in manufacturing and supplying gloves and related products. The company continues to record success: Accounting Financial and Reporting 2 Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Aizat is a 30-year-old male with a height and weight of 80 kg and 1.70 m, respectively. He asks you for the types of exercise: Fitness and Health Assignment, USIM, Malaysia