The popularity of smoking shisha aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah tobacco has been a growing public health concern: Research Dissertation, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
The popularity of smoking shisha (aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah) tobacco has been a growing public health concern (Bashir, Murtaza, Meo& Al-Masri, 2020). In some countries, shisha tobacco smoking among university students is slightly higher than cigarette consumption and e-cigarette use (Alshayban& Joseph, 2019). Shisha smokers have increasing rates of oral and lung cancers, and cardiovascular and respiratory illness (Hirpa et al, 2021). Limited studies have investigated the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their personal and cultural context. Therefore, exploring these factors is essential to understand the health risks in the population of users (Badran&Laher, 2020; Williams & White, 2018).
Purpose of the study
Shisha tobacco smoking is a popular social activity, especially in the student population. To some extent, the lack of awareness and risks of shisha smoking has also contributed to its use. Compared with people who smoke cigarettes, shisha tobacco users experience more negative health outcomes and are also more likely to smoke other types of tobacco.
Few studies have looked into the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their gender, age, and cultural background, which is important to explore in order to understand the health risks of users. Therefore, we would like to understand what factors influence students’ behavior, attitudes, and experiences of smoking shisha.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for dissertation writing help? then Connect with our academic writing experts at Malaysia Assignment Help and buy well-crafted dissertation papers at an economical price. We offer help with all types of assignments, including essays, dissertations, research papers, and more.
Recent Solved Questions
- BA31403: Students are required to prepare a report containing a summary of the topic: Issues In International Business Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- JUS101: Kursus keusahawanan bertujuan memberi pendedahan kepada pelajar mengenai bidang keusahawan dan: Teras Keusahawanan Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- The manager of “Mee Segera Disukai Ramai” suspects that half of his 300 male and female workers are not very motivated: Research Methodology Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- DHT 541: Tourism is the generic term to cover both demand and supply that has been adopted in various forms and used: Tourism and Hospitality Economics Assignment, CUM, Malaysia
- Explore the significance of either the mobile phone or social networking websites in the 21st Century: Interior Architecture Essay, TU, Malaysia
- ACC4213: Identify and critically evaluate strategic management accounting techniques applied by two (2) companies in attaining business competitive advantage: Strategic Cost Management Assignment, UH, Malaysia
- CT087-3-3:This assignment has been designed for students to investigate, apply and evaluate appropriate programming methods in the planning and design of a real-time systems: Realtime Systems, Assignment, AUTI,Malaysia
- Discuss the growth strategies in Ansoff s Matrix that can be opted to Influence the growth of the newly developed product: Innovation management and new product development Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- If you were the brand manager for Kraft salad dressing, which obstacles to implementing the key integrated marketing: Integrated Marketing Communication Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- BBPM2103: Explain the elements of the existing marketing mix and discuss how these elements are practiced in the selected firm: MARKETING MANAGEMENT I Assignment, OUM, Malaysia