The popularity of smoking shisha aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah tobacco has been a growing public health concern: Research Dissertation, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
The popularity of smoking shisha (aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah) tobacco has been a growing public health concern (Bashir, Murtaza, Meo& Al-Masri, 2020). In some countries, shisha tobacco smoking among university students is slightly higher than cigarette consumption and e-cigarette use (Alshayban& Joseph, 2019). Shisha smokers have increasing rates of oral and lung cancers, and cardiovascular and respiratory illness (Hirpa et al, 2021). Limited studies have investigated the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their personal and cultural context. Therefore, exploring these factors is essential to understand the health risks in the population of users (Badran&Laher, 2020; Williams & White, 2018).
Purpose of the study
Shisha tobacco smoking is a popular social activity, especially in the student population. To some extent, the lack of awareness and risks of shisha smoking has also contributed to its use. Compared with people who smoke cigarettes, shisha tobacco users experience more negative health outcomes and are also more likely to smoke other types of tobacco.
Few studies have looked into the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their gender, age, and cultural background, which is important to explore in order to understand the health risks of users. Therefore, we would like to understand what factors influence students’ behavior, attitudes, and experiences of smoking shisha.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for dissertation writing help? then Connect with our academic writing experts at Malaysia Assignment Help and buy well-crafted dissertation papers at an economical price. We offer help with all types of assignments, including essays, dissertations, research papers, and more.
Recent Solved Questions
- MBA6073: Bank Negara Malaysia said today household debt, as measured by the household debt-to-gross domestic product ratio: Managerial Economics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- You are opening a new trendy pizza shop where customers can buy, not only circular pizza, but also square and hexagonal pizzas: Computer Programming, Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Provide a brief discussion on the importance of the external environment and internal analysis of the organizations: Business Administration Report, UTN, Malaysia
- Create a program with classes and objects to provide greater flexibility, modularity, and reusability for developing Java applications: Java programing Assignment, UNIKL, Malaysia
- MKT243: Developing economies suffer from a lack of market dynamism and competitive firm selection: Fundamentals of Marketing Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BBPW3203- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT II- OUM
- BUS30205: Description of your company and product/service offering Benefits to the Community Information on how your company: Bussiness Enterprise Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- You are Working as a Counselor at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur In the Recent Management Meeting: English for occupational purpose Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- The purpose of this assignment is to enable learners to demonstrate their understanding of the theories of learning : Early Childhood Education Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- CBMS4303: Organizational integration happens when a company’s internal and external factors successfully mesh: Management Information System Assignment, OUM, Malaysia