The popularity of smoking shisha aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah tobacco has been a growing public health concern: Research Dissertation, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
The popularity of smoking shisha (aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah) tobacco has been a growing public health concern (Bashir, Murtaza, Meo& Al-Masri, 2020). In some countries, shisha tobacco smoking among university students is slightly higher than cigarette consumption and e-cigarette use (Alshayban& Joseph, 2019). Shisha smokers have increasing rates of oral and lung cancers, and cardiovascular and respiratory illness (Hirpa et al, 2021). Limited studies have investigated the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their personal and cultural context. Therefore, exploring these factors is essential to understand the health risks in the population of users (Badran&Laher, 2020; Williams & White, 2018).
Purpose of the study
Shisha tobacco smoking is a popular social activity, especially in the student population. To some extent, the lack of awareness and risks of shisha smoking has also contributed to its use. Compared with people who smoke cigarettes, shisha tobacco users experience more negative health outcomes and are also more likely to smoke other types of tobacco.
Few studies have looked into the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their gender, age, and cultural background, which is important to explore in order to understand the health risks of users. Therefore, we would like to understand what factors influence students’ behavior, attitudes, and experiences of smoking shisha.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for dissertation writing help? then Connect with our academic writing experts at Malaysia Assignment Help and buy well-crafted dissertation papers at an economical price. We offer help with all types of assignments, including essays, dissertations, research papers, and more.
Recent Solved Questions
- CHE61504: Working as an aircraft engineer in the Ministry of Defense, you have been requested to design a modern combat aircraft: Engineering Fluid Mechanics Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- ETMS63020: Explain with applicable relevant examples how would you apply the following didactical principle: Economic and Management Sciences Teaching 1 Assignment, SPU, Malaysia
- MKT539: Product Strategy Features, Quality, Style and Design, Packaging and Labelling, After marketing: Brand Management, Report, BCU, Malaysia
- The student is required to write a self-reflection essay (minimum 800 words): English Assignment, Malaysia
- Does the scope of the project appear to have been clearly defined upfront and Is there any evidence of an effective risk assessment process: Master of Project Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MPU3323: Globalisasi digambarkan sebagai proses yang merujuk kepada penyatuan seluruh warga dunia menjadi sebuah kelompok: Bachelor Of Human Resource Management With Honours (BHRM) Assignment, OUM
- Define an algorithm and outline the process in building an application and Determine the steps taken from writing code to execution: Programming Assignment, Malaysia
- You are required to choose a case for a patient who suffered from a Genitourinary or Endocrine disease/disorder: Genitourinary Case Study, IMC, Malaysia
- Labor crunch main stumbling block to hospitality recovery in Malaysia” According to this headline: Introduction to Hospitality Essay, TU, Malaysia
- What is the impact of Corporate Governance Practices on the Organisational Reputation of SMEs in Malaysia: Business Research Method Dissertation, MUM, Malaysia