The popularity of smoking shisha aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah tobacco has been a growing public health concern: Research Dissertation, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
The popularity of smoking shisha (aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah) tobacco has been a growing public health concern (Bashir, Murtaza, Meo& Al-Masri, 2020). In some countries, shisha tobacco smoking among university students is slightly higher than cigarette consumption and e-cigarette use (Alshayban& Joseph, 2019). Shisha smokers have increasing rates of oral and lung cancers, and cardiovascular and respiratory illness (Hirpa et al, 2021). Limited studies have investigated the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their personal and cultural context. Therefore, exploring these factors is essential to understand the health risks in the population of users (Badran&Laher, 2020; Williams & White, 2018).
Purpose of the study
Shisha tobacco smoking is a popular social activity, especially in the student population. To some extent, the lack of awareness and risks of shisha smoking has also contributed to its use. Compared with people who smoke cigarettes, shisha tobacco users experience more negative health outcomes and are also more likely to smoke other types of tobacco.
Few studies have looked into the characteristics of students who smoke shisha tobacco, such as their gender, age, and cultural background, which is important to explore in order to understand the health risks of users. Therefore, we would like to understand what factors influence students’ behavior, attitudes, and experiences of smoking shisha.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for dissertation writing help? then Connect with our academic writing experts at Malaysia Assignment Help and buy well-crafted dissertation papers at an economical price. We offer help with all types of assignments, including essays, dissertations, research papers, and more.
Recent Solved Questions
- Your tax director has requested that you prepare a proposal to Cik Farra, addressing the following issues: TAXATION Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Water supply requires enormous amounts of energy to supply water at the right quality, quantity, and pressure: Environmental Technology and Management Essay, UKM, Malaysia
- LAW 1020: Danny bought Levi’s jeans from Levi’s shop in Shah Alam, Selangor that specialized in selling goods of that description: Malaysian Legal System Course Work, IIUM, Malaysia
- Test Case Prioritization Using Swarm Intelligence Algorithm To Improve Fault Coverage And Time For Web Applications: Software Engineering Dissertation, UTM, Malaysia
- TME307/03: System Engineering and Simulation Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis The airline industry has historically accumulated large financial losses, often underwritten by national governments: Business Strategy Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- CHE471: There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- Please analyze the financial statements of 2 companies for the period of 3 years that you have chosen from your group: Financial Management Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- ETR253E: Choose one ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS (Examples: pollution, land degradation etc.) that caused by tourism industry and conduct an internet search on the impact that you have chosen: TOURISM Report, KCC, Malaysia
- Through the subject of Marine Technology, you have been exposed to Diesel engines, boilers, steam and gas turbines: Marine Technology Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia