The number of companies collapsing into insolvency in England and Wales has jumped by nearly 40% in a year: Company Law Coursework, UKM, Malaysia
|Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
The number of companies collapsing into insolvency in England and Wales has jumped by nearly 40% in a year, as soaring energy prices, high inflation, and rising interest rates take their toll.
There were 1,948 company insolvencies in England and Wales last month, the Insolvency Service reported, up 16% from September’s total of 1,684. That figure is 38% higher than in October 2021, when there were restrictions on winding up companies during the Covid-19 pandemic, and 32% higher than in 2019.
It showed how companies in England and Wales were facing a “worsening situation”, said Jeremy Whiteson, a restructuring and insolvency partner at the City law firm Fladgate.
Two in five established businesses are concerned they could face insolvency or mass redundancies as the UK enters into a recession, according to a survey by Allica Bank.
Claire Burden, a partner at the professional services firm Evelyn Partners, said a survey of more than 500 small business owners by Censuswide showed that nearly a quarter had sold or remortgaged their homes to raise funds for their companies and a further 22% had invested personal savings.
David Hudson, a restructuring partner at the business advisory firm FRP Advisory, said inflation was hurting firms badly. “On the ground, inflation is devastating margins and throwing into doubt historically sound business models, which is eating away at confidence, undermining recovery plans and, crucially, testing the resolve of lenders,” he said.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for reliable and affordable Malaysia assignment help? Look no further than Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com! Our team of experienced and highly qualified academic writers is here to assist you with all your assignment needs, whether you're a high school student or a graduate student pursuing a Master's degree. We offer a wide range of academic writing services, including essay writing, research paper writing, coursework help, and more. Plus, we guarantee on-time delivery, 24/7 customer support, and complete confidentiality. So why wait? Contact us today and let us help you achieve academic success!
Recent Solved Questions
- Salma is considering investing in either one of the jewelry companies – Pearl Berhad or Diamond Berhad: Finance Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- What is the meaning of job stress and satisfaction in the current Malaysian Banking Sector: research paper, UM. Malaysia
- Working capital management is a critical part of a company’s financial management. Sales, profitability: Accounting and Finance for Managers Assignment, PBS, Malaysia
- Currently, there are many entrepreneurs who are involved in e-commerce. Based on the success of e-commerce companies: Creativity and Innovation Essay, SU, Malaysia
- BBPW3203: Explain the defensive tactics that firms can use to resist hostile takeovers: Financial Management II Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BUSN11079: Discuss the value of decision analysis within the context of an organization: Analytical Thinking and Decision Making Report, UWS, Malaysia
- EBQ2054 Explain the methodological contribution that has been applied in the research with supporting arguments: Business Research Method Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- The unprecedented global event of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) struck in 2020, creating the worst downturn in Malaysian: Research Methodology Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MDS502: ability to create a database system and design a model for comprehensive data management: Data Management Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- To deliver 200 bags of brown rice at the price of RM 4000 to Tinggi Mini Market: Faculty of Business and Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia