SKEE4683: As part of your role in the electrical engineering design department of a multi-national consultancy you have been allocated an activity: POWER SYSTEM DESIGN AND OPERATION Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UTM)|
|Subject||SKEE4683: POWER SYSTEM DESIGN AND OPERATION|
Power System Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
Ql. As part of your role in the electrical engineering design department of a multi-national consultancy you have been allocated an activity as part of a new transmission line project. The project has been commissioned by ‘Powa-Grid’ who are the leading utility infrastructure company in a particular eastern european country. You have been provided with the following specification data:
You are required to complete the following tasks in preparation for the next client liasion meeting.
(a) Sketch a nominal ‘7″ equivalent circuit and calculate the component values (R, Xi, Z, Yo) of the given transmission line.
(b) Due to existing capacity issues the line is being commissioned to support, amongst other applications, a major leisure and retail development with an existing load of 40 MW. If the load has a lagging power factor of 0.8 and assuming the customer voltage is 132 kV, calculate:
i) The sending end current
ii. The sending end voltage
iii. The sending end power factor
iv. The transmission line efficiency
Q2. As part of the main ‘Powa-Grid’ project you are also required to perform design calculations to supplement a tender document. This aspect of the project is at distribution level and the client has provided an illustration of the simple radial distribution system for your inborn.
as shown in Figure Q2. The scheme is described by a generator feeding a 10 MVA electrical load at 0.8 power factor lagging. The two buses are connected by a cable with an impedance of Z= 0.01 + p.1 per unit on 210 MVA base. The client has also specified an iteration tolerance of 0.0002 and has requested the following tasks to be completed.
(a) Using an appropriate method, compute the load bus voltage for the specified iteration tolerance. (A maximum of five iterations should be completed).
(b) Compute the complex power for bus 1.
(c) Determine the complex power absorbed by the cable.
Q.3. A client to your consultancy firm has an existing installation which requires fault level analysis; and to enable you to complete the necessary calculations they have provided an illustration, as shown in Figure Q3, and relevant data. The generating station identified as feeding a 220 kV system.
(a) Sketch a single line reactance diagram, including component values, to represent Figure Q3. For the three phase bolted fault illustrated determine: (b) The total fault current in kA.
(c) The fault level in MVA
(d) The fault current supplied by each generator in kA
Q4. When used in the context of Electrical Power System Protection.
(a) Define the following terms:
(b) Describe, with the aid of a diagrarn, how an over-current protection scheme is formed using a current transformer, relay and circuit breaker.
(c) A client to the consultancy company where you are working has an existing installation which is utilising a three phase vacuum circuit breaker on a 33kV line.
They have provided the following data regarding the rating of the device; 1500A, 1000MVA and 3s. Given the data, your client has requested the following:
i) Normal rated current
ii) Breaking capacity
iii) Rated symmetrical breaking current
iv) Rated making current (Based on IEC 62271-100 which specifies that the first initial peak of the fault current on closing should not be less than 2.55 x rated symmetrical breaking current).
v) Short time rating
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Avail of top-quality essay writing help for a university assignment from MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com. We have a wonderful team of efficient writers who have years of experience to provide custom solution on engineering assignments as per your university guidelines
Recent Solved Questions
- You are required to conduct a root cause analysis based on the Malware infection scenario: AICT006-4-1-AFM Advanced Forensics Methods Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Discuss combined drug therapy for the management of cancer and the nursing implications when managing patients receiving this therapy: Pharmacology in Nursing Essay, MSU, Malaysia
- Generate a frequency count and histogram with a normal distribution curve for Pretest science scores: Educational Statistic Assignment, UMT, Malaysia
- MCE604: Mr. Rahim is planning to pursue MBA studies. Initial inquiry shows that he will have to pay RM 25,000 as a tuition fee: Managerial Economics Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- CBCA2103: The purpose of this assignment is to assess learners’ understanding of CPU organization, instructions format, and addressing mode: COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- EEE5314: Discuss Nutritional Management for patients at risk for refeeding syndromes with left renal cell carcinoma with distance Mets: Electrical Safety Research Paper, UON, Malaysia
- TBE 101/03: The Penang State Government announced the new Penang South Islands (PSI) development: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
- INF20003: Whirlwind Courier Services As an employee of a large international courier and shipping service, Mike Morten met: Requirements Analysis and Modelling Case Study, SUT, Malaysia
- UNGS2060: Discuss the circumstances that led to the spread of Islam in the Nusantara: Malay Virtues Heritage & Malaysian Society Research Paper, IIUM, Malaysia
- In how far Human Resource role have played a critical role in adapting the workforce and supporting business strategies: Human resource management Essay, OUM, Malaysia