SHAS 3368: A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar: Islamic Law of Succession Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||SHAS 3368: Islamic Law of Succession|
A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar died of a heart attack on 1/06/2022. His wife, Maimunah applied for the distribution of Jaafar’s estate on 2/10/2022. The surviving heirs of the deceased were as follows:
Dearman, Rosmah, Karim, Murni, Jalak, Dahlia, Delani, Murad, Khadijah, Salleh, Adam, Melati, Maimunah, Mariam, Aishah, Rodhiah (who is missing since 4 years ago), Sepiah, Deris, Maimun, Ruzita, Amira, Kamil, and Hassan.
During the hearing for the distribution of the deceased’s property, Aishah produced a will, which was allegedly written by the deceased a week before his death bequeathing RM 200,000 to Kamil to build a house for his family. It bore the signatures of the deceased and two witnesses. The will was contested by all except Aishah.
Adam claimed that the deceased owed him RM 100,000 and his claim was confirmed by Mariam. During the hearing, Mariam disclosed that the deceased had made a vow (Nazar) to give RM 100,000 from his Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account to his former primary school upon his retirement.
A list of the deceased’s assets was presented during the hearing, as follows:
- Money obtained from the EPF upon the deceased’s retirement amounted to RM 500,000.
- Contribution from a fund raised by the deceased’s friends upon his death amounting to RM 20,000. 00.
- An amount of RM 500,000 from the deceased’s employer as a gratuitous payment for his long service.
- An amount of RM 300,000 in Tabung Haji where Maimunah was named as the nominee.
- An amount of RM 300,000 in the Bank Islam saving account.
- 3 acres of land in Sepang are valued at RM 3.1 million.
- A semi-detached house in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn valued at RM 800,000 has been transferred to Mariam.
- A bungalow in Petaling Jaya is valued at RM 1 million.
- Cars which are valued at RM 300,000.
- Jewelry worth RM 200,000.
- Cash of RM 100,000.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is an online homework help service that caters to students of all educational backgrounds and grade levels. Whether you're a K-12 student or an undergrad in college, our experienced homework helpers are here to provide quick and efficient homework help so that you can focus on learning the material and improving your grades. With us, you always get top-quality assignment help with guaranteed satisfaction.
Recent Solved Questions
- CHE4161: You are appointed as the project manager for a construction project You were informed that your team engineer: Engineer in Society Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- PGBM156: Critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations operating in an industry: Strategic Management in an International Context Case Study, UOS, Malaysia
- BNNS 6234: Discuss the Management of patients with Underwater Seal Drainage focusing on nursing responsibilities: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Nursing Essay, LUC, Malaysia
- Linda has decided to set up an account that will pay her granddaughter (Janice) $5,000 a year indefinitely: Managerial Finance and Globalisation Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- A student class has the following properties: Data Member Sample Data ID 2345, 4001 scores 56, 87, 0, 70 grade ‘A’, ‘B’. Methods public int getId(): Object Oriented Programming Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- LAW416: Karim ordered 100 packets of gummy bears from Julie. He instructed Julie to pack 20 packets in 5 boxes to be sent: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- TEN21504: A transistor can be employed as an amplifying device where DC and AC analysis is used to obtain the amplifier parameter required: Electronic Circuit Analysis Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- KNC6013: Sustainable Development Decision Making Decision making for sustainable project management can be a very arduous task: Sustainable Project Management Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- STA404: The depression scores of 25 patients were recorded before and after they had undergone therapy: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia