SHAS 3368: A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar: Islamic Law of Succession Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||SHAS 3368: Islamic Law of Succession|
A case was brought before you, as the Registrar in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur. The deceased, whose name was Jaafar died of a heart attack on 1/06/2022. His wife, Maimunah applied for the distribution of Jaafar’s estate on 2/10/2022. The surviving heirs of the deceased were as follows:
Dearman, Rosmah, Karim, Murni, Jalak, Dahlia, Delani, Murad, Khadijah, Salleh, Adam, Melati, Maimunah, Mariam, Aishah, Rodhiah (who is missing since 4 years ago), Sepiah, Deris, Maimun, Ruzita, Amira, Kamil, and Hassan.
During the hearing for the distribution of the deceased’s property, Aishah produced a will, which was allegedly written by the deceased a week before his death bequeathing RM 200,000 to Kamil to build a house for his family. It bore the signatures of the deceased and two witnesses. The will was contested by all except Aishah.
Adam claimed that the deceased owed him RM 100,000 and his claim was confirmed by Mariam. During the hearing, Mariam disclosed that the deceased had made a vow (Nazar) to give RM 100,000 from his Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account to his former primary school upon his retirement.
A list of the deceased’s assets was presented during the hearing, as follows:
- Money obtained from the EPF upon the deceased’s retirement amounted to RM 500,000.
- Contribution from a fund raised by the deceased’s friends upon his death amounting to RM 20,000. 00.
- An amount of RM 500,000 from the deceased’s employer as a gratuitous payment for his long service.
- An amount of RM 300,000 in Tabung Haji where Maimunah was named as the nominee.
- An amount of RM 300,000 in the Bank Islam saving account.
- 3 acres of land in Sepang are valued at RM 3.1 million.
- A semi-detached house in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn valued at RM 800,000 has been transferred to Mariam.
- A bungalow in Petaling Jaya is valued at RM 1 million.
- Cars which are valued at RM 300,000.
- Jewelry worth RM 200,000.
- Cash of RM 100,000.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is an online homework help service that caters to students of all educational backgrounds and grade levels. Whether you're a K-12 student or an undergrad in college, our experienced homework helpers are here to provide quick and efficient homework help so that you can focus on learning the material and improving your grades. With us, you always get top-quality assignment help with guaranteed satisfaction.
Recent Solved Questions
- The purpose of this assignment is to give students the opportunity to use specialized JFlex software: Computer Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Explain ONE (1) literary model based on the three main models of literature: Literature Learning in the Malaysian ESL Classroom Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BBPS4103: Conduct an internal analysis for Apollo Food Holdings Berhad and an external analysis for the industry related to the company: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- The company that would become BP was founded in 1909 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company shortly after Englishman William: Strategic Operation Management Case Study, ASB, Malaysia
- BU7411: Analyse critically the differences between contemporary international marketing environments, in particular, the importance of cultural differences and consumer behaviour: International marketing Assignment, UOC, Malaysia
- Identification of the key aspects of the business literature to underpin the study: Project Management Thesis, AeU, Malaysia
- Strategic management is the ongoing planning, monitoring, analysis, and assessment of all necessities an organization: Strategic Management Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- LAW1014: On 3 May 2014, Azam wrote to Ben offering to sell to Ben his boat for RM2 million: Business law Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- MGT510: Swipe 50 limited manufactures a specialized screen protector for laptop computers: Managerial Accounting Course Work, EIU, Malaysia
- Students are given an article British Airways suffers data breach compromising information: Information Technology Case Study, UTP, Malaysia