SEMM3023: The determination of the fundamental natural frequency for cantilever beams is crucial in many engineering applications: Applied numerical method Report, UMT, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UMT)|
|Subject||SEMM3023: Applied numerical method|
The determination of the fundamental natural frequency for cantilever beams is crucial in many engineering applications. Here, a cantilever beam refers to a beam that is fixed on one end and free on the other end as shown in Figure 1 below.
Generally, a cantilever beam would have an infinite number of natural frequencies corresponding to its vibration modes. However, the fundamental natural frequency refers to the natural frequency of the beam under its first vibration mode. For thin beams, the Euler-Bernoulli beam theory can be used to determine this natural frequency.
The fundamental natural frequency of a cantilever beam is determined by the following equation:
where 𝜔1 is the fundamental natural frequency of the beam in Hz, 𝐸 is the beam Young’s modulus, 𝑡 is the thickness of the beam, 𝜌 is the beam’s density, 𝐿 is the length of the beam and 𝛽1 is the fundamental eigenfrequency of the beam which can be determined as the smallest absolute value from the characteristic equation of the following matrix in equation (2). In equation (2), 𝑛 corresponds to the vibration mode number.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Recent Solved Questions
- EEE5314: Discuss Nutritional Management for patients at risk for refeeding syndromes with left renal cell carcinoma with distance Mets: Electrical Safety Research Paper, UON, Malaysia
- BMW In 2018, BMW, whose headquarters are in Munich, was one of the world’s two leading premium automobile companies: Organizational Behavior Case Study, UiTM, Malaysia
- Green retrofitting is acknowledged as an essential strategy for achieving long-term sustainability in the built environment: Facility Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MGT6208E: Rakyat Quality of Life” is the core of the New Economic Model for Malaysia, and as the Nation embarks on reaching the developed-country: STATISTICS AND DECISION ANALYSIS Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- Neuromusculoskeletal disorders which affect the finger movements of the human hand are the primary causes of hand injuries: Modelling and Design of a Rehabilitative Hand Exoskeleton Thesis, UTeM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: You are required to write a report about your own personal problem and propose a solution to the problem: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Report, OUM, Malaysia
- develop a decentralized platform for cryptocurrency/token exchange: Blockchain (Programming), TU, Malaysia
- ECONOMICS 223: Refined sugar producer MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd’s profitability may be affected if the new government lowers the ceiling price of refined sugar: Mikroeconomy Case Study, USM, Malaysia
- Discuss the possible unethical behavior and potential conflicts of interest that can arise in the sales and advertising/promotion: Business Ethics Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
- MGW3130: write an essay that compares and contrasts change initiatives by DIFFERENT organisations in the SAME industry that solved SAME problems: Organisational change and development Essay, MUM, Malaysia